• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VooDoo80
    Junior Zoner
    • Nov 2007

Re: Ngata = F'n BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Wasn't Whitner good last year? What happened to him?

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VooDoo80
      Wasn't Whitner good last year? What happened to him?
      He doesn't have Nate Clements nor Ko Simpson playing with him back there. Not to mention our pass rush isn't nearly as good as it was last year.

Comment

• circlethewagons
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman
        He doesn't have Nate Clements nor Ko Simpson playing with him back there. Not to mention our pass rush isn't nearly as good as it was last year.
        Not to mention were being forced to use him as a corner in our nickel package now...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Ngata was the right pick at the time for the Bills.

Improved D-line = Improved secondary.

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

On the brightside we could have drafted bunkley

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I've never understood the logic about penetrating DT's. Here's the problem: our system requires DT's who can penetrate and rush the passer, but our DT's don't do it. So since we're not getting to the passer anyway, it seems to me that we'd be better off with big DT's who can at least eat up blockers and be disruptive.
              Sorry, anyone who doesn't fit the system doesn't exist.

The system is everything. The system is the water of life. The system is life itself.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                Sorry, anyone who doesn't fit the system doesn't exist.

The system is everything. The system is the water of life. The system is life itself.
                The system also makes the same sound as one hand clapping, and a tree falling in the forest with no one around.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  On the brightside we could have drafted bunkley
                  Bunkley's stats compare to McCargo's. Though had we taken Bunkley we would have still had our 2nd and 3rd Round picks as we wouldn't have had to trade up to acquire John Mcargo. Assuming that draft that followed remained the same we could of then taken Roman Harper with our 2nd pick, who's now starting at SS for the Saints and stats again compare to Whitner's. We then could of used our 3rd Round pick to draft Jason Spitz whose currently the starting RG for the Green Bay Packers.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                    ....formerly OhBF
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                    NGATA!!!!

I love that kid, all I got was grief during that draft.
                    Ditto here.....Ngata all the way and when Whitner was selected I called my bud in Rochester, another lifelong Bills fan who I used to go to the games with back in the early 80's, just WTF was going on! I couldn't believe it.

I'm still not sold on Whitner. Being that I'm a firm believer that it all begins in the trenches, I doubt I'll ever stop ruing the day we selected Whitner over Ngata.
                    Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                    own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

i agree that ngata is a stud, but he does dissapear in games (we handled him pretty well with a C everyone wants to run out of town).

i'm a whitner fan, but we got whitner and mccargo, which i think is better than ngata and whoever else would have been there.

S is not a cheap position anymore, 3 or 4 other S's went first round in 06, miami took a guy 15th that you all would freak if was on our rosert -- whitner is better than him or Huff taken before him.

this last draft the pats took marryweather in the teens and he woul barely make OUR roster if he wasn't a 1st rounder.

so i agree ngata is a p1mp, but if you put mccargo or whitner on that fired up bmore team with all those studs around them they'd impress just as much.

whitner as SS with rolle, mccallister and reed would be a secondary that prolly would have won that game against the pats.

what we need is one corner who can play the game physically, at least one more lb (poz coming back helps) and one more guy on the Dline.

our weakness is in the back 7, if you notice after the first 3 weeks we've pretty much been very good against the run.

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

As noted by most now the Bills f-ed up again when they pasted on Ngata. Whenever you can get a good big man you take him. There are not many walking around on this planet and you usually have to be drafting in the top-10 to get them.
                        And not fitting the system is bs. He can fit any system. He could come in tomorrow in our current system and be the best d-tackle on the team.

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          Again, flame away if you want, I'm not dissing Whitner at all.

Fine, I'll diss Whitner. I said it then and will say it again. Donte Whitner was not worth the 8th pick. He is an avaerage saftey. Nothing more and maybe a little less. He has not had a good year at all. I can't name one game that he has made a big difference in (I expect a top ten pick to have outstanding games now and then). No interceptions. No pass defended. One forced fumble. No sacks (they have blitzed him). No big bone crushing hit that changed the game. Nothing.

Ngata would have been a perfect pick (half of the perfect part was that we wouldn't have had to waste our second and third rounder on McBusto).
                          The One and Only

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by eyedog
                            As noted by most now the Bills f-ed up again when they pasted on Ngata. Whenever you can get a good big man you take him. There are not many walking around on this planet and you usually have to be drafting in the top-10 to get them.
                            And not fitting the system is bs. He can fit any system. He could come in tomorrow in our current system and be the best d-tackle on the team.
                            Agreed. And if you have a system that doesn't fit a talent like him you change the system.

Comment

• theanswer74
                              • Apr 2004

Consider the team he is on, I dont think Baltimore has ever missed on a defensive player since Ray Lewis has been on that team.

Defense is almost 100% emotion and intensity, and Ray Lewis always demands that every player play up to his emotion and intensity.

I honestly believe that any talented defensive player would be a beast playing with Ray Lewis.

Do you guys honestly think if we took Dawan Landry and Haloti Ngata instead of Whitner and Mccargo that we would be a better defense?

Im not so sure, but it is a possibility. I just give Ray Lewis and that defensive talent more credit.

Comment

• eyedog
                                • Jul 2002

Are you serious ? Landry/Ngata or McCargo/Whitner ?

Comment

Working...
                                X