• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Time to Just Admit it - Edwards Lost That Game

ok i was so aggravated after the game i ran home from the bar to post this but thought better and decided to wait a while to simmer down to see if my conclusion had changed

it hasnt

i like edwards. hes been incredibly impressive as a rookie and i would expect him to develop much faster than an average young qb. i think he has some great skills that should serve the team well and make him end up being a potentially good option at qb

one of those skills clearly isnt throwing a tight ball in bad weather

who knows if it was the gloves or his arm strength or his lack of practice or whatever, but the bottom line is far too often it looked like he was throwing a bag of marbles out there

i have to admit at this point im quite concerned about his ability to compete when conditions deteriorate. there will be plenty of times where wind is going to be a factor and based on what we saw today im not sure he can throw the ball with a tight enough spiral to avoid repeat performances whenever the weather turns bad

even the porous browns rushing defense was able to contain the monsters because they didnt have to worry about being beaten either deep or to the sides. you could tell by their formations, they just bunched everybody in a semi-circle around the center and dared edwards to try to pass over that dome. he couldnt and consequently the bills couldnt move the ball

this could end up being a big problem for the bills. edwards looks to me like hes going to quickly develop into a chad pennington type qb - outstanding field presence, great poise, ability to manage the offense and move the chains. but penningtons achilles heel is he cant force the defense to defend the entire field and he struggles in bad weather. he will win a bunch of games for you on pure smarts and poise and lose others throwing picks on deep outs that run out of gas and balls that flutter

sigh

i just have one question:

is it too late to put a dome on the ralph?
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Time to Just Admit it - Edwards Lost That Game

excellent post im not that nice when i put my analysis on trent but u said it very nicely.

we can pray someone like brohm drops in draft this year

Comment

• RingofFire
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by djjimkelly
      excellent post im not that nice when i put my analysis on trent but u said it very nicely.

we can pray someone like brohm drops in draft this year
      Because you make 6 figures and have a slamming girlfriend. Oh ya you are diesel too with the hgh you take! And you can kick Chuck Norris' ass

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by RingofFire
        Because you make 6 figures and have a slamming girlfriend. Oh ya you are diesel too with the hgh you take! And you can kick Chuck Norris' ass

send me private msg u can come party with us in toronto if i have to prove myself

and my point when i said that was i was told i have nothing to live for.

so i pointed out what im greatful for.

what does this post u have wrote just now have to do with todays game????

Comment

• cocamide
          • Oct 2006

So, you can judge how a guy is gonna play for the rest of his career based on one game in a blizzard? He rifled a couple balls in there, and our receivers couldn't hang on to them. He did have some bad throws, but get real. Was it cold as hell, windy, and snowing last week in Buffalo when he threw 4 TDs? This week, Anderson was 9/24 for 137 yards, Trent was 13/33 for 124 yards. One of Anderson's passes, which went for about 25 yards, bounced off one guys hands right into Jurevicius's hands. Braylon Edwards made a couple amazing catches too. Our receivers did not help Trent Edwards. Tom Brady was 14/27 for 140 yards, no TDs, an interception, and really only led his team to 6 points on offense against the Jets. He has Randy Moss, they were at home, and the conditions were much better than in Cleveland. Brady has played in many cold games, and still didn't look great in this one. Roethlisberger must not be able to throw in bad conditions either, because he could only put up 3 points against the Dolphins in the rain. It's completely rediculous to say that Trent Edwards can't play in windy conditions because of this game.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Special Teams and field position lost that game. The lack of an effective running attack lost that game. A rookie QB in December, with horrible conditions to throw in, should not have to shoulder a game. I will say this....He looked good on that final drive.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by cocamide
              So, you can judge how a guy is gonna play for the rest of his career based on one game in a blizzard? He rifled a couple balls in there, and our receivers couldn't hang on to them. He did have some bad throws, but get real. Was it cold as hell, windy, and snowing last week in Buffalo when he threw 4 TDs? This week, Anderson was 9/24 for 137 yards, Trent was 13/33 for 124 yards. One of Anderson's passes, which went for about 25 yards, bounced off one guys hands right into Jurevicius's hands. Braylon Edwards made a couple amazing catches too. Our receivers did not help Trent Edwards. Tom Brady was 14/27 for 140 yards, no TDs, an interception, and really only led his team to 6 points on offense against the Jets. He has Randy Moss, they were at home, and the conditions were much better than in Cleveland. Brady has played in many cold games, and still didn't look great in this one. Roethlisberger must not be able to throw in bad conditions either, because he could only put up 3 points against the Dolphins in the rain. It's completely rediculous to say that Trent Edwards can't play in windy conditions because of this game.

i like u have watched him this season.

and i will point out what i think trent has done well.

1 crazy great pass in skins game to reed.

besides that some pretty average QB play.

his numbers dont lie why should i make them lie.

he is 4-3 in my eyes wins vs jets , miami , skins and ravens

losses vs the pats browns an cowboys.

i know official record is 5-2 but he won the jets game same as i banged 4 super models last week. and JP and his 3 plays vs the pats was a JP loss as much as the super model thing.

hes this years kyle orton he didnt drop to late 3rd round because hes a stud.

I KNOW WE ALL WANT A WINNER IN BUFFALO but open your eyes.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

I can tell you why the Bills lost today...outside of superhuman field goals by Phil Dawson.

Trent wearing gloves.

I pointed it out in the first quarter to my friends, the staff should have made him take off the glove on his throwing hand while out there or if he refused put JP in the game.

It caused all of Trent's passes to sail or dive, of course the wind was also a factor but if you're used to throwing without one all your life and try it out for a game, it has a completely different feel.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                  ok i was so aggravated after the game i ran home from the bar to post this but thought better and decided to wait a while to simmer down to see if my conclusion had changed

it hasnt

i like edwards. hes been incredibly impressive as a rookie and i would expect him to develop much faster than an average young qb. i think he has some great skills that should serve the team well and make him end up being a potentially good option at qb

one of those skills clearly isnt throwing a tight ball in bad weather

who knows if it was the gloves or his arm strength or his lack of practice or whatever, but the bottom line is far too often it looked like he was throwing a bag of marbles out there

i have to admit at this point im quite concerned about his ability to compete when conditions deteriorate. there will be plenty of times where wind is going to be a factor and based on what we saw today im not sure he can throw the ball with a tight enough spiral to avoid repeat performances whenever the weather turns bad

even the porous browns rushing defense was able to contain the monsters because they didnt have to worry about being beaten either deep or to the sides. you could tell by their formations, they just bunched everybody in a semi-circle around the center and dared edwards to try to pass over that dome. he couldnt and consequently the bills couldnt move the ball

this could end up being a big problem for the bills. edwards looks to me like hes going to quickly develop into a chad pennington type qb - outstanding field presence, great poise, ability to manage the offense and move the chains. but penningtons achilles heel is he cant force the defense to defend the entire field and he struggles in bad weather. he will win a bunch of games for you on pure smarts and poise and lose others throwing picks on deep outs that run out of gas and balls that flutter

sigh

i just have one question:

is it too late to put a dome on the ralph?
                  Meathead

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I've seen other QB's have that kind of performance in perfect football weather. I'm not worried.

I do hope he ditches the gloves, though.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Yes I agree this loss falls at the feet of TE and Fairchild but not just TE.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

this thread, like most of the ones around here lately, is a complete joke, with complete morons posting in it.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

And you posted in it also

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cocamide
                            It snowed last week but nothing like it did in Cleveland. Not cold as hell or windy though

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

Couple more stats

Todd Collins 8-25 for 166 0 TD 0 Int

Eli Manning 18-52 1 TD 0 Int

Comment

Working...
                              X