• Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: Parcell's to Miami?

Originally posted by njsue
    Could be Bill Cowher!
    Cowher turned down Atlanta job which is closer to Carolina. Doubtful.

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LT teh ghost
      He wont be going there as head coach, and shula beat you guys more.
      Yeah but we got the last laugh, Marv forced his ass into retirement.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Falcons getting ****ed again
        Arthur Blank is getting what he deserved for axing Mora Jr.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Maybe the Tuna will convince Marino to take the ceremonal position he was offered and lure the Don out of retirement.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Looks like it's practically a done deal:

Report: Parcells to join Dolphins

Coach near four-year deal to lead football operations

Bill Parcells' day began with reports he would rebuild the Atlanta Falcons. It ended with him on the cusp of taking the same job with the Miami Dolphins.

Parcells and Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga agreed Wednesday on a four-year contract to be Miami's vice president of football operations, according to ESPN, which employs the two-time Super Bowl-winning coach as an analyst.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
              Cowher turned down Atlanta job which is closer to Carolina. Doubtful.
              My hunch on Cowher is he will stick to his guns and stay out next year. I believe he is waiting for his daughter to graduate high school.
              IMO, John Fox will be given one more year in Carolina. If Fox has another bad year he will be fired and Cowher will take over in Carolina.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Re: Bill Parcells is BACK!!!

I don't think he was ever interested in Atlanta. He has been talking to Miami since October and that is where he wanted to go. He owns a house in Jupiter, FL and plays golf with Wayne Huizenga. He was just using Atlanta as leverage to close the deal.

This is a great move for Miami. Parcells may have a giant ego, but he is an unbelievable team-builder and a great judge of talent. He will put a good structure in place and bring in good people. He will set the bar high and bring a sense of urgency. Miami doesn't have a lot of talent right now, but Parcells will start building that team the right way and he will turn it around.

Comment

• Mike13
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Great move for Miami.

Parcells can build a team without the rigors of coaching it. The days of Tedd Ginn Jr and Jason Allen top draft picks are gone.

If I'm a Miami fan(I'm not) I'd be psyched right now. It's going to take more than one year; but it's a hell of a start.

I wish they didnt suck so bad; I'd like the rivalry games to have more on the line.
                  1) J. Allen has shown improvement this year, and the jury's out on Ginn, give him some more time to develop.

2) Yeah it is a great move for the Fins, Parcells knows how to build teams.

Miami doesn't have a lot of talent right now, but Parcells will start building that team the right way and he will turn it around.
                  I would beg to differ, there are some young guys who show flashes of talent, but we do need several pieces of this puzzle.

Comment

• Mike13
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                    Yeah but we got the last laugh, Marv forced his ass into retirement.
                    That was actually Huizenga's doing.

Parcells bails out after a few years and the Cowboys are playing better with Wade as the coach
                    Parcells built that Cowboys team.

Its a great move for a team that is rebuilding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                      Arthur Blank is getting what he deserved for axing Mora Jr.
                      Mora was a complete joke and dick to boot. He said that he would leave the Atlanta HC job even in the playoffs if the Univ of Washington offered him the HC job. I never would want him coaching my team, he's crap.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bufftp
                        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                        No it doesn't
                        I gotta agree LT. Miami has progressed forward a great deal this year. Fail forward!
                        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                        to be led by permanent ideals -
                        that is what keeps a man patient
                        when the world ignores him,
                        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Patssuck456
                          I would beg to differ, there are some young guys who show flashes of talent, but we do need several pieces of this puzzle.
                          "Flashes of talent"? What the hell is that worth? That just means they aren't consistent and the jury is still out.

I see very few foundation players. No QB. No young pass-rusher (Jason Taylor is a great player, but too old to build around) or DT who can control the LOS. No franchise LT, although there are a couple players on the OL who might be keepers. The only big-time offensive play-maker is Ronnie Brown.

Miami has very few players who can be classified as better than average, IMO, especially young ones. They have drafted poorly in recent years and really lack at the key positions (QB,LT,DL). That is why they suck so bad.

However, Parcells will change that. He will come up with a plan to resolve the QB position. He will get a pass-rusher to replace Taylor. He will build the lines on both sides of the ball. Those are the needs that trump everything else.

This kind of reminds me of the situation he inherited with the Patriots back in 1993. That team was dreadful as well, but he quickly cleaned house and had things turned around. Only a few players survived the purge. Expect a lot of new players in Miami in the next couple years.

Comment

• dolphan117
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Parcells will do a good job in Miami. I'm shocked he's taking the job. Does this mean Cam Cameron is getting fired?
                            I doubt it, rumor is Cam gets another year but nothing solid at this point.

One thing to keep in mind is that Parcels and Bobby Knight are good friends..... And Cam considers Knight his biggest mentor so there is a connection there, seems small but stuff like this matters when it comes to coaching circles. You want to work with people you know.

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

He signed. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3162909
                              Retired Air Traffic Controller
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

• SyraBillsLican
                                • Jun 2005

parcells moves from coyboys to fins just like jerry jones did.....

lets hope they have the same amount of success: NONE!
                                Lets exorcise the Music City Curse! No playoffs since so-called "miracle." LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X