• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: THE WINTER CLASSIC GAME THREAD Sabres vs. Penguins

Only Buffalo could put on a spactacle like that and still lose it.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Anybody think it's time to move some of these bum players yet? I've been calling for a move since the offseason and now here we are, halfway through the year and if the playoffs started today...we wouldn't be in them. This team is not very good.

Comment

• Historian
        • Dec 2002

Max could have been the next Mogilny, but plays like he could care less.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
          Max could have been the next Mogilny, but plays like he could care less.
          The funny thing is, this organization runs like they could careless also. I guess they're a perfect fit!

Comment

• pjw
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
            That jacket that Ruff is wearing is ****ing SWEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!
            almost makes me wish i was still in Korea.
            find it on the net somewhere so we can save it for
            the next time i go.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

well i came to this thread feeling bad about the so loss but thanks to you losers i feel a lot better

wtf

the sabres have been one of the hottest teams the second quarter of the season after landing in the nhl basement the first quarter

sure they are in a mini slump here the last few games but its not like theyve been outplayed theyve generally outshot and controlled play just havent got the breaks

and yeah it blows how they couldnt win this one outright but really thats more an emotional response than anything. the script called for the sabres to pull this one out on the national stage but that didnt happen as the whiz kid scored a cheapie on the franchise goalie. ***t happens. at least they got the point. the game itself was fantastic and i enjoyed it immensely regardless

this is a good team. given the way theyve played this quarter i would bet my house they will make the playoffs. they rebounded quickly and have been dominant at times earlier than i expected which is a great sign. remains to be seen whether they can be as good as last years team but considering how they pussied out of the conf finals theres actually the possibility they could end up better in the playoffs. they wont win the presidents trophy and without that burden they might just forget they are good and work their asses off, which they didnt do last year

thanks again for being such downers it made me feel much more optimistic
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                well i came to this thread feeling bad about the so loss but thanks to you losers i feel a lot better

wtf

the sabres have been one of the hottest teams the second quarter of the season after landing in the nhl basement the first quarter

sure they are in a mini slump here the last few games but its not like theyve been outplayed theyve generally outshot and controlled play just havent got the breaks

and yeah it blows how they couldnt win this one outright but really thats more an emotional response than anything. the script called for the sabres to pull this one out on the national stage but that didnt happen as the whiz kid scored a cheapie on the franchise goalie. ***t happens. at least they got the point. the game itself was fantastic and i enjoyed it immensely regardless

this is a good team. given the way theyve played this quarter i would bet my house they will make the playoffs. they rebounded quickly and have been dominant at times earlier than i expected which is a great sign. remains to be seen whether they can be as good as last years team but considering how they pussied out of the conf finals theres actually the possibility they could end up better in the playoffs. they wont win the presidents trophy and without that burden they might just forget they are good and work their asses off, which they didnt do last year

thanks again for being such downers it made me feel much more optimistic
                Meathead, you're a classic example of the fans I was mentioning. You're drinking too much of the kool-aid. This team is average...at best. They don't have much grit, heart or character on this team. How can you not see this?

Comment

• Historian
                  • Dec 2002

this is a good team.
                  I disagree.

And I'll bet you dinner we don't even make the playoffs.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

I disagree.

Don't even bother. People who can't see it, just are thinking too much with their hearts and not their heads.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

I disagree.

you are on my friend
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jan 2004

Lindy Ruff now up at the podium,

First would like to thank the Buffalo Bills for letting us play the game here, says that the weather deteriorated as the game went on. Didn't like how they had to stop the game and let the Zaboni's keep fixing the ice. Should've had shovelers out like they do at the Arena when they come out with a shovel and wheelbarrow and a and clean the ice surface. "It takes me half the time to shovel my driveway than it did with the Zamboni's." First period was just something that we had to get used to. The players could not really skate that well with snow on the bottom of their skates, the wind was a factor, players couldn't really get good shots at the net the players would wind up for a slapshot or a wristshot and they would fan on the shot just like a baseball player missing a pitch for a strike because the wind would take their sticks. The puck wouldn't move either Wish we could've won it in front of our fans but we will take the point and move on from there.

I wish he would've said something about the officials they were horrible in this game but he couldn't or he would get fined.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

you are on my friend
                          Ouch, not a good bet on your part. However, I think you guys should put in a stipulation that "the team as it is made up right now" won't make the playoffs. If this organization decides to wake up and actually try to get better, then this team may be able to make the playoffs.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS

First would like to thank the Buffalo Bills for letting us play the game here, says that the weather deteriorated as the game went on. Didn't like how they had to stop the game and let the Zaboni's keep fixing the ice. Should've had shovelers out like they do at the Arena when they come out with a shovel and wheelbarrow and a and clean the ice surface. "It takes me half the time to shovel my driveway than it did with the Zamboni's" First period was [B]just something that we had to get used to. [B]The players could not really skate that well with snow on the bottom of their skates, the wind was a factor, players couldn't really get good shots at the net the players would wind up for a slapshot or a wristshot and they would fan on the shot just like a baseball player missing a pitch for a strike because the wind would take their sticks. The puck wouldn't move either Wish we could've won it in front of our fans but we will take the point and move on from there.

I wish he would've said something about the officials they were horrible in this game but he couldn't or he would get fined.
                            I wish he would have said something about how average his team is. Now that would have been a sound bite!

Comment

• hydro
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by LOSman WINS

First would like to thank the Buffalo Bills for letting us play the game here, says that the weather deteriorated as the game went on. Didn't like how they had to stop the game and let the Zaboni's keep fixing the ice. Should've had shovelers out like they do at the Arena when they come out with a shovel and wheelbarrow and a and clean the ice surface. "It takes me half the time to shovel my driveway than it did with the Zamboni's" First period was [b]just something that we had to get used to. [b]The players could not really skate that well with snow on the bottom of their skates, the wind was a factor, players couldn't really get good shots at the net the players would wind up for a slapshot or a wristshot and they would fan on the shot just like a baseball player missing a pitch for a strike because the wind would take their sticks. The puck wouldn't move either Wish we could've won it in front of our fans but we will take the point and move on from there.

Officials were horrible??? Are you kidding me? I didn't see anything that they missed...

Just a simple-minded fans scapegoat.
                              BERNIAC!

Comment

• Historian
                                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                                Ouch, not a good bet on your part. However, I think you guys should put in a stipulation that "the team as it is made up right now" won't make the playoffs. If this organization decides to wake up and actually try to get better, then this team may be able to make the playoffs.
                                Personally, I think I'm safe in that respect too...

Comment

Working...
                                X