Thread: Cameron....wow

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cameron....wow

CAMERON SEALED HIS FATE WITH SILENCE
    In interviews with several Dolphins sources both Cameron and Mueller had interpersonal difficulties with locker room leaders in their final days on the job.
    The first incident centers around Cameron and began when DT Keith Traylor and guard Vernon Carey got into a very heated exchange that nearly turned into physical on the team's flight back from New England in Week 16.
    Traylor at first got into it with another player but then when he went to the back of the plane to apologize, the whole affair escalated into what was nearly a very messy incident with Carey. Players were forced to jump into the fray and separate the combatants.
    Players say Cameron, the leader of the team, simply stood up as the players broke up the ruckus but never exerted his authority.
    The next day Cameron met with Traylor and after those two got into it, the coach kicked the 17-year veteran off the team.
    To say that didn't sit well with the leaders of that locker room would be the understatement of the year.
    First, Pro Bowl LB Zach Thomas laced into the coach saying how wrong it was that he would convince a guy to come back for a 17th year and gut it out for a winless team only to get kicked off the squad after 15 games. Thomas gave the coach a pretty good dressing down while Jason Taylor, who had a major problem with Cameron for much of the year, stepped up next to give it a rip

However, what those players said paled in comparison to the soliloquy delivered by Pro Bowl LB Joey Porter. According to several players, Porter stood up, in front of the whole team, and absolutely lambasted the coach using such words as "spineless" and basically called the coach a coward.
    "We were all talking about it after because none of us had ever seen anything like it," said one player who asked not to be identified. "He crushed Cam. He basically called him gutless, a coward for the way he handled Keith. He said, 'You only stood up on that plane at the end to look like you were doing something to management.'
    "A head coach is supposed to stand up and take control with one yell. Cam basically said nothing."
    Porter's rip, which included several barbs and curses, lasted a good three minutes or so.
    "Joey was great but it was unbelievable," said another player. "But the best was at the end of it, after getting ripped into, cursed at and questioned all Cam said was, 'OK, glad we got that out, on to Cincinnati.' It was ridiculous. He never defended himself and it went on for a while."
    The locker room applauded Porter for telling it like it is but shook their heads that Cameron just let it happen.

Team sources say that Thomas went to the team's holiday party strictly to confront Mueller for anonymous quotes the star linebacker was told came right from the GM. The quotes had questioned Thomas' heart after suffering a serious head injury in a car accident, an accident that ended up putting a halt to his season.

Thomas, angry that anyone would ever question his dedication and heart, angrily confronted Mueller at the party and Mueller tried to calm Thomas by denying he was the leak. Mueller asked that Thomas meet with him in his office the next morning but Thomas, having already said his piece, never bothered.
    Cameron can be a pretty good OC, but not an HC with that type of behavior

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Cameron....wow

Sounds like there are more issues than just Cameron.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

damn!

As much as I dislike porter sounds like he hit the nail on the head.

As for his abilities in any level as a coach no thanks. Last thing we need is a jellyfish. Bills fans wantinghim here need thier head examined.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bill cleaned house, rightfully so it appears.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i'll pass on Cameron at OC.
    i knew he was doomed when he was letting Mularkey call the plays from the booth.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    Bill cleaned house, rightfully so it appears.
    yep he let go of all of the staff, but two--Capers and Houck are gone.
    So far they've hired:

Jeff Ireland-GM

Brian Gaine-assistant director of pro scouting-hasn't happened yet, the Cowboys begrudingly granted the OK, but the NFL put a stop to it initially since it is a lateral move, his contract is up in the spring, but since "the writing is on the wall" the Cowboys are going to ask for the NFL to grant permission)

David Lee-QB coach
    PFT brought up an interesting point that everything seems to point to Sparano getting the gig, making any minority interview a sham since it seems odd that a staff is being created before a HC is hired

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!
    yep he let go of all of the staff, but two--Capers and Houck are gone.
    So far they've hired:

Jeff Ireland-GM

Brian Gaine-assistant director of pro scouting-hasn't happened yet, the Cowboys begrudingly granted the OK, but the NFL put a stop to it initially since it is a lateral move, his contract is up in the spring, but since "the writing is on the wall" the Cowboys are going to ask for the NFL to grant permission)

David Lee-QB coach
    PFT brought up an interesting point that everything seems to point to Sparano getting the gig, making any minority interview a sham since it seems odd that a staff is being created before a HC is hired
    On the pre-game yesterday Charlie Casserly said even though it's against the rules, 'hiring' a new HC from a team still in the playoffs is pretty commonplace. The rest of the organization, along with the unofficial new hire, then put in place the position coaches until they can put the ink on the contract.

Sounds like Miami just got better via addition through subtraction.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    i knew he was doomed when he was letting Mularkey call the plays from the booth.
    Wow, I forgot that. I was thinking he wouldn't be bad, considering the success he had with the Chargers. But, letting Mularkey, the tight end coach, call plays is laughable. And, this article sheds some intense light. I'm considering smacking myself now, for considering him.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Wow, I forgot that. I was thinking he wouldn't be bad, considering the success he had with the Chargers. But, letting Mularkey, the tight end coach, call plays is laughable. And, this article sheds some intense light. I'm considering smacking myself now, for considering him.
    He probably had Mularchy calling the plays because he is a former player and a so called "players' coach"; he was trying to get the friction down.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by G. Host
    He probably had Mularchy calling the plays because he is a former player and a so called "players' coach"; he was trying to get the friction down.
    I don't know how letting a player coach call the play will help get the friction down.

Calling the most successful plays would do more for reducing friction then anything else. In fact, circumventing the OC, while not taking on the responsibility yourself would induce, not reduce, friction, IMO.

Drawing up light practices, and letting players break curfew is one thing. Calling horrible plays is another.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Houck Will get snatched up real quick. He is a very Highly Respected O line coach. He had the same problem that McNally has had for all the years he was here. No Talent to coach.
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here's the best part about that article that no one saw.

"Name on the rise

Two weeks ago we put out our list of top 20 unrestricted free agents. Every year I miss somebody and this year the one name I hear will be heavily pursued is 49ers DT Isaac Sapoaga. He's one of the NFL's strongest men, probably in the top three or four actually. The 6-2, 334-pounder is a bear against the run and gets helped by the fact that the cupboards for DTs in free agency are pretty bare."

Man, I hope we can get this guy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf
    Here's the best part about that article that no one saw.

"Name on the rise

Two weeks ago we put out our list of top 20 unrestricted free agents. Every year I miss somebody and this year the one name I hear will be heavily pursued is 49ers DT Isaac Sapoaga. He's one of the NFL's strongest men, probably in the top three or four actually. The 6-2, 334-pounder is a bear against the run and gets helped by the fact that the cupboards for DTs in free agency are pretty bare."

Man, I hope we can get this guy.
    I don't know if there is a big enough crow bar for Ralph's wallet

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hilarious. Porter calling someone a coward and spineless. DUH!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    Imagine that. Inspite of all the problems they were still better than us offensively.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jauron has the locker room. Period.

The key to OC is designing plays and being good at play calling. Cameron has proved he can do both.

Miami's offense looked a hell of alot better than ours.

On draft day, I said Cameron was going to struggle at being a head coach in this league. Go back and look up my thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    On draft day, I said Cameron was going to struggle at being a head coach in this league. Go back and look up my thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man, I'm good:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=125951&page=2

"Cameron is way, way, over his head. Seems like Miami is doing the same stupid stuff we just lived through. QB controversy, second coach without head coach experience and a GM that doesn't want to address the OL."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

is there a smilie for grossly over sized egos? lol j/k

Methinks I need to increase my own ego, at this point it's only big enough that I have to walk through doorways sideways, but it can still get bigger:

"Next year, a football will be thrown to a WR and he may or may not catch it."

Ok, I will save this thread and come back to it, fingers crossed!!!

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Hilarious. Porter calling someone a coward and spineless. DUH!!!
    Well, Porter IS an authority.