Good Start for the New (Old) Regime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Good Start for the New (Old) Regime

We signed a bruising fullback and a well-respected 20 year veteran as assistant O-line coach. A solid day at OBD.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Good Start for the New (Old) Regime

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
    We signed a bruising fullback and a well-respected 20 year veteran as assistant O-line coach. A solid day at OBD.
    Guy has been cut 3-4 times, and cant stick with any team but he's a bruising full back? Only Bills fans...
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      Guy has been cut 3-4 times, and cant stick with any team but he's a bruising full back? Only Bills fans...

You realize that some of the teams he played for dont use FBs that often anymore. Also he got that from chris browns blog and all of the write ups about him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        • May 2003

Pardon me for giving the guy a chance.

I should have known HE SUCKS. Since the cheap, stupid bastards at OBD signed him, HE MUST SUCK.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          • May 2003

Actually, I started this thread to see how many negmeisters would crawl up my butt for being optimistic. And I'm not disappointed.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Nice to see them say "we are changing" and start doing so the next day.

What FB's are UFA's?
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Well to put a positive spin on it, he's better then any of the FBs we had on our 2007 roster.

Nice to see them say "we are changing" and start doing so the next day.

What FB's are UFA's?
              Here's a list courtesy of http://www.theredzone.org/2008/freea...sp?Position=FB

Alstott, Mike UFA Buccaneers
              Bradley, Jon UFA Lions
              Bronson, John RFA Cardinals
              Broughton, Nehemiah RFA Redskins
              Cramer, Casey RFA Titans
              Green, Justin RFA Ravens
              Grigsby, Boomer RFA Chiefs
              Hoover, Brad UFA Panthers
              Johnson, Bryan UFA Bears
              Kreider, Dan UFA Steelers
              Neal, Lorenzo UFA Chargers
              Neufeld, Ryan UFA Bills
              Richardson, Tony UFA Vikings
              Sapp, Cecil UFA Broncos
              Schurman, Nate RFA Saints
              Sellers, Mike UFA Redskins
              Tapeh, Thomas UFA Eagles
              Weaver, Leonard RFA Seahawks
              Wilson, Kris UFA Chiefs

A quick run down is most are overaged and probably a one or year two option with the exceptions being Bryan Johnson, Dan Kreider and Kris Wilson.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

It's just as presumptuous to be positive about these things as it is to be negative. There's no more reason to think they're good than there is to think they're bad.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Actually, I started this thread to see how many negmeisters would crawl up my butt for being optimistic.
                  It's one of the reasons I have been avoiding coming here as often.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

If you go to www.scout.com, and then to NFL and Free Agent Rankings, you can get some information on Barnes (who is rated #9 amongst FA fullbacks.) Injuries in 2003 and 2005 affected his career. And he was very higly respected in Miami, having beaten out Fred Beasly for the job. In 2006, he started 6 games and played in all 16, but didn't play as much because Mularkey often went with sets that didn't include a fullback.

Nick Saban loved him, and he was known as a good blocker, good special teamer, and good locker room presence.

Sometimes it's just not enough to say the guy has played for 4 teams in 6 years, so he must suck.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                      It's just as presumptuous to be positive about these things as it is to be negative. There's no more reason to think they're good than there is to think they're bad.
                      You're right, as usual. But as a fan, I choose to be optimistic. And optimism really bothers some of you.

I also believe, in every phase of life, that it's better to give people a chance rather than predict failure at the outset.

Comment

• RoanokeVABillsFan
                        • Sep 2005

Thanks for the information. I certainly had no idea who he was but I'm glad we're bringing in some competition for the position right away.

If you go to www.scout.com, and then to NFL and Free Agent Rankings, you can get some information on Barnes (who is rated #9 amongst FA fullbacks.) Injuries in 2003 and 2005 affected his career. And he was very higly respected in Miami, having beaten out Fred Beasly for the job. In 2006, he started 6 games and played in all 16, but didn't play as much because Mularkey often went with sets that didn't include a fullback.

Nick Saban loved him, and he was known as a good blocker, good special teamer, and good locker room presence.

Sometimes it's just not enough to say the guy has played for 4 teams in 6 years, so he must suck.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Pardon me for giving the guy a chance.

I should have known HE SUCKS. Since the cheap, stupid bastards at OBD signed him, HE MUST SUCK.

Oh jesus cry to somebody who cares, you didnt say you were giving him a chance, you said that he's a "bruising FB" even though you have nothing to base that off of, other than second hand and that he's been cut by every other team he's been on. And yes its possible he could be an All-Pro and I will get on my knees and thank god if he does, but excuse me for not having blind faith in the three headed cluster**** that currently is the Buffalo Bills GM, bc god knows they have shown enough in the past 5 years for me to have confidence in their ability.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Oh jesus cry to somebody who cares, you didnt say you were giving him a chance, you said that he's a "bruising FB" even though you have nothing to base that off of, other than second hand and that he's been cut by every other team he's been on. And yes its possible he could be an All-Pro and I will get on my knees and thank god if he does, but excuse me for not having blind faith in the three headed cluster**** that currently is the Buffalo Bills GM, bc god knows they have shown enough in the past 5 years for me to have confidence in their ability.
                            Mods pisssing in our soup, way to keep our heads up.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                              Mods pisssing in our soup, way to keep our heads up.
                              Ill alert you to when my job title becomes Daily Pickerupper
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X