Maybe the Bills need to leave Buffalo for it to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Maybe the Bills need to leave Buffalo for it to...

... finally figure out that there is more to life than football. Perhaps that is exactly what happened with Cleveland and Baltimore. Both cities began their upswing after their NFL teams left them.

Almost like a wake up call to the people, politicians, and businesses.

Is it possible that the Bills need to leave in order for Buffalo to wake up and rebuild itself?

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Maybe the Bills need to leave Buffalo for it to...

That's actually a very real possibility. The city needs to essentially be completely overhauled.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

There's no life outside of football. You're nuts.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

A few things that you're overlooking:

1) The discussion is the Bills being moved to Toronto. The proximiity of Buffalo to Toronto is far too close and therefore would leave Buffalo forever jockeying for a new franchise, begging the NFL to bring football back to Buffalo. The NFL will obviously have its doubts and leave the city dangling until A) the local poulation increases and B) the local economy is equal to or greater than the middle income making teams in the NFL.

2) Expansion. Toronto gets a team without expanding the NFL. Buffalo would have to pray and hope that another team dies elsewhere, or if the NFL suddenly decided to expand for some unknown reason, they'd be forced to compete for an expansion team against cities like LA.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
          ... finally figure out that there is more to life than football. Perhaps that is exactly what happened with Cleveland and Baltimore. Both cities began their upswing after their NFL teams left them.

Almost like a wake up call to the people, politicians, and businesses.

Is it possible that the Bills need to leave in order for Buffalo to wake up and rebuild itself?

This would have the opposite effect.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

How could losing the team help anything? This makes no sense.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              This would have the opposite effect.
              I totally agree.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                I totally agree.
                A lot of people that don't live here are chiming in with this kind of talk. I don't get it.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

It sounds like it doesn't matter what happens, that city is ****ed.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    It sounds like it doesn't matter what happens, that city is ****ed.
                    Are you really just trying to annoy me with this crap? The city is rebounding. That isn't the problem. It will never rebound enough to compete with the Toronto's of the world.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Are you really just trying to annoy me with this crap? The city is rebounding. That isn't the problem. It will never rebound enough to compete with the Toronto's of the world.
                      That's been my whole point since we started this Buffalo vs. Larger Markets crap a few weeks ago.

Buffalo has BEEN rebounding but there's no way on gods green earth that it will rebound quick enough to have a chance to save the Bills unless Ralph sells before he dies. I hate to tell you but I have yet to read anything that indicates that Buffalo is making these epic jumps in economy or population. Hell, all I needed to know is what I heard at that hockey game from people who lived in Buffalo their whole life until it just got too hard to make an honest living.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                        That's been my whole point since we started this Buffalo vs. Larger Markets crap a few weeks ago.

Buffalo has BEEN rebounding but there's no way on gods green earth that it will rebound quick enough to have a chance to save the Bills unless Ralph sells before he dies. I hate to tell you but I have yet to read anything that indicates that Buffalo is making these epic jumps in economy or population. Hell, all I needed to know is what I heard at that hockey game from people who lived in Buffalo their whole life until it just got too hard to make an honest living.
                        You are basing your opinion on what a couple people told you at a hockey game?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

You are basing your opinion on what a couple people told you at a hockey game?
                          More like 10+

They would know just as well as anyone having lived their their whole life up until a few years ago. Hell, there are people on this board that have echoed the same things that I was told by those people. You're actually the only person from Buffalo that seems to think that the economy is just skyrocketing, and I've met A LOT of people from Buffalo

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE
                            A few things that you're overlooking:

1) The discussion is the Bills being moved to Toronto. The proximiity of Buffalo to Toronto is far too close and therefore would leave Buffalo forever jockeying for a new franchise, begging the NFL to bring football back to Buffalo. The NFL will obviously have its doubts and leave the city dangling until A) the local poulation increases and B) the local economy is equal to or greater than the middle income making teams in the NFL.

2) Expansion. Toronto gets a team without expanding the NFL. Buffalo would have to pray and hope that another team dies elsewhere, or if the NFL suddenly decided to expand for some unknown reason, they'd be forced to compete for an expansion team against cities like LA.
                            They can move back to Buffalo after they fail in Toronto, just like they always fail in L.A.

Pride, you raise an interesting topic. I wonder how much relevancy this really has.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                              They can move back to Buffalo after they fail in Toronto, just like they always fail in L.A.

Pride, you raise an interesting topic. I wonder how much relevancy this really has.
                              Sure. They'll just bounce the team between two cities that fail at retaining a team.

Comment

Working...
                              X