X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: CAMPBELL TRADED TO SHARKS

Man, he basically sounds defeated. I'll say it right now, the players will let this "business decision" get to them. It will be on their minds the rest of the season and the locker room will either stand up and say, we are better than this. Or they will fall apart and lose a bunch of games and miss the playoffs.

Comment

• Dude
      that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kgun12
      So your saying that if your boss called you in for your next review and said, we know job security is important, we are going to cut your pay 25%, but give you a garunteed contact for 7 years, you take it?
      No, and I don't know why you would think that.

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Mike you have to be the most overreacting mother ****er of all time!!
        Sad but true.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          Mike you have to be the most overreacting mother ****er of all time!!
          Are you listening to the interview? He sounds pissed. Come on! Grier saw this and that's part of the reason why he left. Miller is basically saying that both parties wanted to stay. He's basically saying that he's learning more that the game isn't fun anymore and it's nothing but business. Cold, hard reality is that it's all business.

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
            Man, he basically sounds defeated. I'll say it right now, the players will let this "business decision" get to them. It will be on their minds the rest of the season and the locker room will either stand up and say, we are better than this. Or they will fall apart and lose a bunch of games and miss the playoffs.
            Yeah Miller is pissed, they had to edit his comments because he was swearing so much. Dude is NOT happy. Doesn't really sit well with me, nor should it sit with anyone else that is a Sabre fan.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
              Are you listening to the interview? He sounds pissed. Come on! Grier saw this and that's part of the reason why he left. Miller is basically saying that both parties wanted to stay. He's basically saying that he's learning more that the game isn't fun anymore and it's nothing but business. Cold, hard reality is that it's all business.
              For the 100th time its all about money. If the Sabres want to keep him and pay him they will. Its that simple guys. To think that players really are going to take huge hometown discounts is naive.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dude
                I'm a software developer, but what difference does that make? I want to make as much as I can, and if you say you don't, you're a liar. So to hold an athlete to a different standard makes you a hypocrite.

As far as what I see, I see a FO that has no idea what they're doing, and a team that is a long way from winning a Stanley Cup as a result.
                Now you are twisting words and changing your position! I have contended all along it was about money and you have said it wasn't. I know it's all about the money, so I have nothing to lie about and I haven't said anything that would make me sound hypocritical, if anyone has it was you Dude!

Just to refresh your memory, your quotes:

"Bull****. He made a specific reference to Zednik's injury and how nothing is guaranteed as far as a career goes. He wanted security, and the Sabres were too cheap to give it to him".

"No, it's not. It's about the length of the contract".
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                  Yeah Miller is pissed, they had to edit his comments because he was swearing so much. Dude is NOT happy. Doesn't really sit well with me, nor should it sit with anyone else that is a Sabre fan.
                  EXACTLY! finally someone who isn't wearing the ****ing Rose colored glasses. I don't give a **** what anyone says. Tom Golisano, Larry Quinn, and Darcy Regier. I don't know who's to blame, but someone is. They took a team that was 1 period away from the ****ing Stanley Cup Finals, and also in the Eastern Conference Finals two years in a row and tore it apart completely. They then pissed off the leftover players by saying that we don't care about today. We are worried about building the future. Who needs an All-Star defenseman? Who needs a fan favorite who is very popular in the locker room? Who cares if he wanted to be here. We weren't going to pay him the long term deal and didn't want to lose him for nothing. Hey, at least we got a first round draft pick.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                    You mean he was thinking about something besides money????? Can't be, he's a greedy athlete!
                    You to said it wasn't about the money, thanks for finally agreeing with me. like I have said all along greedy athlete!

Remember you quote to my post?

my post Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kgun12
                    "What does security mean to you in this case. To me it means pay me now cause you never know, look at Zednik! When a player says I have to think about my family, what do you think he means? Show me the money. It's always about the money".

Your response: You're totally off base.
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

The message being sent through the locker room is if you get good, the Sabres will not pay you. Don't buy a house here, just rent.

Comment

• Dude
                        • Feb 2005

Now you are twisting words and changing your position! I have contended all along it was about money and you have said it wasn't. I know it's all about the money, so I have nothing to lie about and I haven't said anything that would make me sound hypocritical, if anyone has it was you Dude!

Just to refresh your memory, your quotes:

"Bull****. He made a specific reference to Zednik's injury and how nothing is guaranteed as far as a career goes. He wanted security, and the Sabres were too cheap to give it to him".

"No, it's not. It's about the length of the contract".
                        I haven't changed my position. Campbell wanted a long-term deal, the Sabres would not offer it. Now, you can twist that all you want and say it's all about money, but I stand behind my posts. It's about the length of the deal. Naturally, if the long-term deal was offering the same per year as the three-year, then the money would be more. I'm not an idiot.

Pro athletes are no different than anyone else - they want to maximize their income while their earning power is at its fullest. So to criticize an athlete for wanting more money (or a long-term contract which would result in more money) is hypocritical, unless you yourself are willing to work for nothing.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

You to said it wasn't about the money, thanks for finally agreeing with me. like I have said all along greedy athlete!
                          OMG

I'll use one of your posts to try to explain this ...
                          "A 5 year deal at $5.5 million vs a 3 year deal at $5.5million, why?"

5.5 million .... 5.5 million. Money SAME

3 years .... 5 years. Length DIFFERENT

We're talking about the money PER SEASON

And I do believe he'd take, say $27.5 for 5 years over $18 for 3
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dude
                            • Feb 2005

Remember you quote to my post?

my post Quote:
                            Originally Posted by kgun12
                            "What does security mean to you in this case. To me it means pay me now cause you never know, look at Zednik! When a player says I have to think about my family, what do you think he means? Show me the money. It's always about the money".

Your response: You're totally off base.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

OMG

And I do believe he'd take, say $27.5 for 5 years over $18 for 3
                              Nice job!

Comment

• kgun12
                                • Jul 2002

OMG

You forgot the rest of the post, the difference between 3 years and 5 years is $11 million. It's all about the money! I think if he signed a 3 year deal for $16.5 million, he could live comfortably for the rest of he life on that, don't you?

OMG!!!
                                USAF VETERAN
                                DAV

Comment

Working...
                                X