• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: CAMPBELL TRADED TO SHARKS

Originally posted by Mikey82
    Nice job!
    Don't clap yet mikey he forgot some key numbers!
    Last edited by kgun12; 02-26-2008, 01:34 PM.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• Dude
      that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kgun12
      You forgot the rest of the post, the difference between 3 years and 5 years is $11 million. It's all about the money! I think if he signed a 3 year deal for $16.5 million, he could live comfortably for the rest of he life on that, don't you?

OMG!!!
      Unreal.

Can we determine your next raise? After all, you should never take more money since you can live comfortably on what you make now (or less).

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

You forgot the rest of the post, the difference between 3 years and 5 years is $11 million. It's all about the money! I think if he signed a 3 year deal for $16.5 million, he could live comfortably for the rest of he life on that, don't you?

OMG!!!
        What you are arguing goes beyond just one player. Its all of sports that has gotten out of hand. YES! nobody should be making that kind of money for just playing a sport, but its just the way it is. He is entitled to compare himself to his colleagues who have the same skill set and are making more money than he is.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

OMG!!!
          The point you're trying to make is meaningless. It's not greed to want more years of the same salary. Nobody doesn't want that. Therefore that's not the issue you're trying to make it sound like.

Look it at from the Sabres' point of view ... if the $ per year is the same and only the length different, why not accept it? By 2011, the other players talked about as us needing to afford will have already re-signed or left, and Campbell's deal would be cheaper then than it is now in relation to the cap, so what's the issue? All it is is the Sabres saying "we don't want you for that long." And that's why he didn't take it.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dude
            I haven't changed my position. Campbell wanted a long-term deal, the Sabres would not offer it. Now, you can twist that all you want and say it's all about money, but I stand behind my posts. It's about the length of the deal. Naturally, if the long-term deal was offering the same per year as the three-year, then the money would be more. I'm not an idiot.

Pro athletes are no different than anyone else - they want to maximize their income while their earning power is at its fullest. So to criticize an athlete for wanting more money (or a long-term contract which would result in more money) is hypocritical, unless you yourself are willing to work for nothing.
            Yes you did twist words Dude, cause if you would have said all this to start instead of attack my first post with this response I would have said I can buy that, but you didn't then continued to say it was about money.

I stand by my statement that once just once it would be nice to see a pro athlete stand in front of the press with tears in his eye's and say I really meant it when I said I love playing in Buffalo and these fan, so I took less money and/or less years to stay here. Instead of stand in front of the press with tears and say I really wanted to be here, so I didn't make a counter offer and wanted more money and/or more years. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING! Is that to hard to understand?
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Soupy's hair is going to clash with the Sharks colors.

Comment

• Dude
                • Feb 2005

I stand by my statement that once just once it would be nice to see a pro athlete stand in front of the press with tears in his eye's and say I really meant it when I said I love playing in Buffalo and these fan, so I took less money and/or less years to stay here. Instead of stand in front of the press with tears and say I really wanted to be here, so I didn't make a counter offer and wanted more money and/or more years. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING! Is that to hard to understand?
                That athlete would be a moron.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Yes you did twist words Dude, cause if you would have said all this to start instead of attack my first post with this response I would have said I can buy that, but you didn't then continued to say it was about money.

The Sabres kept saying they wanted Campbell. In the end they said no too. So it goes both ways.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Unreal.

Can we determine your next raise? After all, you should never take more money since you can live comfortably on what you make now (or less).
                    If you only had a clue, so I will fill you in! I took a 12% PAY CUT last year and will not get a pay raise for 4 more years, so to hear a player complain about losing a few million doesn't bother me at all. Again by Campbell, don't let the door hit in the A$$!
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

That athlete would be a moron.
                      Then he can't stand in front of the press crying he is here any longer!
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I don't really like the deal, but we got a big, promising young winger and a first round draft pick. The FO is getting better. We got nothing for Briere, Drury and Zubrus.

And we have some money for Miller.

And we suck this year anyway, with or without Campbell.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I don't really like the deal, but we got a big, promising young winger and a first round draft pick. The FO is getting better. We got nothing for Briere, Drury and Zubrus.

Like finally learning long division in high school.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I wouldn't say we suck, I just think that the team needs to be able to focus on winning games now that all this BS is past us.

Comment

• User Manuel
                              The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                              • Nov 2003

Great deal for Buffalo, especially in light of Boyles contract. Bernier is a great young winger and the #1 is a nice, nice add.

Comment

• Dude
                                • Feb 2005

If you only had a clue, so I will fill you in! I took a 12% PAY CUT last year and will not get a pay raise for 4 more years, so to hear a player complain about losing a few million doesn't bother me at all. Again by Campbell, don't let the door hit in the A$$!
                                Well, pardon my French, but that's just ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X