Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: CAMPBELL TRADED TO SHARKS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: CAMPBELL TRADED TO SHARKS

Moorman on Campbell trade

Today
    Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:10 PM ET | Link

MOORMAN ON CAMPBELL TRADE: With the Sabres moving Brian Campbell to the San Jose Sharks, Campbell's good friend Brian Moorman wasn't exactly thrilled to see him leave town. The Buffalo punter offered the following comment to Buffalobills.com about the Campbell trade.
    "I am very disappointed he's been traded," Moorman told Buffalobills.com. "We both started playing in Buffalo close to the same time and became friends while doing similar charity functions. I consider Brian a good friend and I admire him a great deal as he has gone from a player wanting a chance to prove himself to one of, if not the best, defenseman in the league. The city of Buffalo and WNY is losing not just a great hockey player, but a great person that many young athletes should look up to. There's no doubt he'll continue to be a force in the NHL, it's just unfortunate that it won't be for the Sabres."
    ---

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh just great, Stooge Larry is alienating the Bills too!!! He's going to bring down all Buffalo sports!
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12
    He does, the little french wennie. The little puck reminds me of Flutie, sneaky untrustworthy and no loyalty. I guess that sums up how I feel!
    No, he doesn't. I have no idea what you are talking about with untrustworthy and no loyalty. And he is small, I don't exactly love small players that can't take a hit, but I can understand why they play that way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    Bernier leads the Sharks forwards in hits and is 4th in goals. He is 17th in goals for forwards in the NHL.

Now, they do have to sign him at the end of the year.
    13 goals is 17 among forwards? I don't think so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    Almost every time I hear players talk, what they want is the commitment, the loyalty, the faith. It's not always about money. They want stability. They want to be wanted, and I bet the per-year money could have been less if the term was longer.
    Not that I agree with him all the time, but I agree with Jim Rome when he says, "When an athlete says it isn't about the money, 99% of the time, it's about the money.".

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    The length of the deal! Read the posts.
    He was offered a 6 year deal before the 3 year deal. Granted it was a lot less money (under 5 a year) but he didn't want it.

All-Pro Zoner BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JD SabreFan
    Then we have another lockout or an inevitable GM strike.
    not another lockout or GM strike, some hockey columnists that I read like Hockey Hall of Fame Hockey writer Jim Kelley and ex Buffalo News hockey writer , and Hockey Night in Canada experts. says if there's another work stoppage he thinks the NHL could go bankrupt and it could be the end of the NHL as we know it.
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 02-26-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Honestly, I wanted them to trade Campbell because he is NOT worth that much money. However, what the hell was Darcy doing? I cannot believe this is what we got in return for Campbell...especially considering what Atlanta got for Hossa. Also, where are the trades to actually address the other needs of this team? Do they seriously think this team is a contender? This FO is seriously smoking something and it is becoming possibly the biggest joke in the NHL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Didn't he have a DUI last year and then get sent down tight after that because of under performing?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    Honestly, I wanted them to trade Campbell because he is NOT worth that much money. However, what the hell was Darcy doing? I cannot believe this is what we got in return for Campbell...especially considering what Atlanta got for Hossa. Also, where are the trades to actually address the other needs of this team? Do they seriously think this team is a contender? This FO is seriously smoking something and it is becoming possibly the biggest joke in the NHL.
    One thing about Dacry that is undeniable - his trade history is outstanding.

Might not work out this time, but he has been great at the trades.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    One thing about Dacry that is undeniable - his trade history is outstanding.

Might not work out this time, but he has been great at the trades.
    True enough, but why so little for Campbell? Also, where were the other moves that NEEDED to be made? Is this organization that blind to the fact that this team isn't good enough??? It really is scary how ignorant this team seems to be.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

True enough, but why so little for Campbell? Also, where were the other moves that NEEDED to be made? Is this organization that blind to the fact that this team isn't good enough??? It really is scary how ignorant this team seems to be.
    Probably because The Sabres were selling. Better something than nothing. They did pick up a first round draft choice, that's something and maybe bernier developes under Ruff's system.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LABillsFan
    Probably because The Sabres were selling. Better something than nothing. They did pick up a first round draft choice, that's something and maybe bernier developes under Ruff's system.
    I understand selling Campbell, but why are you a seller when you're tied for the last playoff spot? Doesn't make sense...sorry!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,933 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    not another lockout or GM strike, some hockey columnists that I read like Hockey Hall of Fame Hockey writer Jim Kelley and ex Buffalo News hockey writer , and Hockey Night in Canada experts. says if there's another work stoppage he thinks the NHL could go bankrupt and it could be the end of the NHL as we know it.
    Jim Kelley aka Jim Kelly he changed the spelling is my fist cousin, hetends to over state things at times, so take that he say with a grain of salt. Every time there is a talk of a work stoppage, someone will always say it could end that sport. It was said about the last strike in baseball. Could it end Hockey sure, but I doubt it. BTW Jim never played an organized sport in his life! Hell he never played pick up games when the families got together!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I understand selling Campbell, but why are you a seller when you're tied for the last playoff spot? Doesn't make sense...sorry!
    Reality hit them, they weren't going to go deep into the playoffs so why not get something and to get a first rounder isn't a bad thing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LABillsFan
    Reality hit them, they weren't going to go deep into the playoffs so why not get something and to get a first rounder isn't a bad thing.
    I understand that part. You didn't answer the other question. Why not make the team better and make a run or change some pieces on this team? Why not add another defenseman? Why not move another pile of dung named Kotalik for a defenseman? Why just quit?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really don't think the Sabres have that much to trade away to get better players for this year. Max and Connolly are liabilities with injuries. Kotalik? I have no idea who would think of him as an upgrade for their playoff run. I don't think DR got any requests for Kalinen, certainly not Peters. So that leaves AHL'ers and draft picks. The only teams interested in those players are really bad teams. DR probably did the best he could and they're going to let it play out.