• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: CAMPBELL TRADED TO SHARKS

Originally posted by Mikey82
    Oh God! You gotta be ****ing kidding me. The Penguins acquired Hossa!

WHOA WHAT!?!??

HOOOOLY CRAP!

Welp...they're going to be going far in the playoffs...wowwwwww

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
      With all the other trades that are happening now, i think the Sabres were on the losing end in respect to immediate return on a trade. Pittsburgh made a trade, as did the Caps, Montreal, etc... It was going to be hard for us to get into the playoffs before, and it'll be even harder now, unless this new kid sparks something for us and with the addition of Max back...
      Every year there are buyers and sellers. We crossed to the other side.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

All of these players are no longer here because of themself.

They were offered contracts, that they all refused.

Watch them piss, moan, cry about not being here anymore and feel sympathetic if you want. But don't forget that they all said no to contracts that would keep them here, period.

I have no sympathy for any of these guys crying over the fact they're not here anymore. If they really wanted to stay there were contracts available to them for them to stay. They all made decisions, personal or business, to take their fortunes elsewhere.

I'm not a Sabres fan, but if I were, I'd be happy that the front office learned from last year on this and traded away someone before losing him for absolutely nothing.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

The team also said no to every player who left. Doesn't matter who said no first or last, it only matters which side was more reasonable.

The players are no more hypocritical for saying they wanted to stay than the team is for saying they wanted to keep them.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
            Sorry, but that is ridiculous. All 3 players played this asses off for this team and made it exciting to watch. They helped bring Buffalo Hockey back to rest of the country and made Buffalo, Hockey Town. I cheered for Briere last night and after seeing how many people booed him all ****ing night long, I chuckled when he got the game winning goal. Good way to flip all the fans off who used to wear your jersey and root for you, but now have made you the number 1 enemy.
            You get more emotionally tied to players than I do Mikey. I will admit that I use to, before free agency. Now it's about the team. If you look at your post, "they played their asses off for the TEAM, they made this TEAM they helped BUFFALOhockey. So did Lafontane, Migilny, May, and on and on. They are gone now, along with Campbell, Briere and Drury. There will be more players that do the same thing for the TEAM. So I don't feel bad for a player that leaves, or miss them. I will now route for the new player and hope that the 1st round pick pans out. That's what free agency as well as routing for teams in small markets has done to me! Like it or not that's the way I see it!
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

Watch them piss, moan, cry about not being here anymore and feel sympathetic if you want. But don't forget that they all said no to contracts that would keep them here, period.

I have no sympathy for any of these guys crying over the fact they're not here anymore. If they really wanted to stay there were contracts available to them for them to stay. They all made decisions, personal or business, to take their fortunes elsewhere.

I'm not a Sabres fan, but if I were, I'd be happy that the front office learned from last year on this and traded away someone before losing him for absolutely nothing.
              Another voice of reason!
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                The team also said no to every player who left. Doesn't matter who said no first or last, it only matters which side was more reasonable.

The players are no more hypocritical for saying they wanted to stay than the team is for saying they wanted to keep them.
                Your right, but that's the game. I would love to hear a player say, no I'm not coming back. Both Drury and Briere new where they were going and had no intention of resigning with the Sabres! But when it's all said and done and you see a player in tears cuase he was taded it is his fault, not the orginizations, his could have made it work. The Sabres in Campbell case said, were not losing another good player without something in return!
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                  The message being sent through the locker room is if you get good, the Sabres will not pay you. Don't buy a house here, just rent.
                  Yeah Roy, Vanek, Conolly and Spacek got that message too didnt they.....

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

Agreed 100%

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                      Your right, but that's the game. I would love to hear a player say, no I'm not coming back. Both Drury and Briere new where they were going and had no intention of resigning with the Sabres!
                      Only AFTER the Sabres said no to their wishes. Both had deals on the table, and the Sabres said NO. So did Campbell last summer.

I would love to hear a team say, We're not willing to take a chance on you.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Only AFTER the Sabres said no to their wishes. Both had deals on the table, and the Sabres said NO. So did Campbell last summer.

I would love to hear a team say, We're not willing to take a chance on you.
                        I just put this on another thread. Briere had no intention of staying here. Besides out of Briere, Drury and Campbell, I would want Briere back. I hated him! Yes I said it this time "hated" him.

I have said this before, we didn't screw up with Briere, I have a friend the is a Flyer fan, he told me in the middle of last season the Briere would be a Flyer when the season was over. He was not going to stay with the Sabres.
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                          I just put this on another thread. Briere had no intention of staying here.
                          AFTER
                          we turned him down in summer of 2006. 5 years, 25 mil

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Yeah Roy, Vanek, Conolly and Spacek got that message too didnt they.....

Don't confuse them with fact thrum! The FO sucks.

I would like to ask this thread also. How many teams could have lost Briere and Drury players and still be in the hunt for a playof spot. Keeping players on the uphill side is wat better than keeping players on the down hill side. Yes Campbell is on the uphill andhis talent with be missed, but he's gone. Now let's sign Miller.
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

AFTER
                              just like we turned down Brian Campbell in the summer of 2007. 5 years, $25 mil

Comment

• kgun12
                                • Jul 2002

AFTER
                                Your right, see he is a GREEDY BAST$RD!!!
                                USAF VETERAN
                                DAV

Comment

Working...
                                X