Thread: Clements and Winfield

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Clements and Winfield

By: Becky Weber

Essentially the NFL teams of today are built largely through the NFL draft. With the 2003 draft lingering right around the corner the Bills will again be presented with the opportunity to select the top athletes college football has to offer and incorporate them into their scheme.

With that being said and the future of the Bills at hand, perhaps it's reassuring to look back at two number one picks (from 1999 and 2000) and examine the roles they have as members of Buffalo's roster.

The foundation of the Bills secondary is built around cornerbacks Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements. The two former Ohio State Buckeyes are the building blocks in a young defensive backfield.

Clements and Winfield play together like a well-oiled machine, reacting off of each other without skipping a beat. Winfield, who was a senior when Clements came into Ohio State, credits their fluidity with the Buffalo Bills to their time together in college.

"We know each other's strengths and weaknesses and how each other reacts, which helps," said Winfield. "We had that familiarity with each other before so when Nate got here last year we picked up right where we left off. We didn't have to learn to react to each other."
    The Full Article

now how about extending Winfields contract TD

I think the only reason we didn't extend his contract is because Detroit overpaid for Bly....

Thoughts?
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think we should extend Winfield, but during the season. There is no need to extend his contract now. They must also make sure he wants to be here. I remember an article in Shout, last summer, where Winfield suggested that he may not be in Buffalo and hinted about going to Houston.

I still hope he stays and they extend his contract. He is probably the best tackler on the team. I also can't remember anyone ever burning him for a TD either.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Extend him! I like the combination of he and Clements.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Yeah, Moulds & Price were a great combo too, so I'll prolly get let down again. Sorry, I'm really not a negative person, I just have bad luck like that! lol.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Extend it now!!!
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by NC-BILLS44 ....I also can't remember anyone ever burning him for a TD either.
    Like all the TDs that slipped by poor Jason Sehorn.

I hope Antoine stays too. I really like him and I think he's a great player!!!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by mybills Yeah, Moulds & Price were a great combo too, so I'll prolly get let down again. Sorry, I'm really not a negative person, I just have bad luck like that! lol.
    I thought they were a good combination too, MyBills. I was upset when Price left. I thought he was turning out to be a really good player. I'm used to disappointment too, but hopefully Antione will stay and we won't be disappointed this time.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Jaded 7

I thought they were a good combination too, MyBills. I was upset when Price left. I thought he was turning out to be a really good player. I'm used to disappointment too, but hopefully Antione will stay and we won't be disappointed this time.
    The difference between Price and Winfield is that Price WANTS to be the #1 go-to WR, and Winfield ALREADY IS the premier lock-down CB on the team. There isn't much dispute there.

It will all comes down to the $$$. TD definitely can't be cheap with Winfield.

Man of the People
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    EXTEND HIM!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you.