• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Ben Utecht

Crap I didnt realize he was a FA. 26 years old 6'6 251. Had 31 catches for 330yards last year. If we are bringing Troupe in why not have a look at the other Big Ben?

He has produced much better than Troupe has over the last two seasons. Played college ball up in MIN.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Mski
    • Mar 2006

Re: Ben Utecht

Originally posted by MBBedard
    Crap I didnt realize he was a FA. 26 years old 6'6 251. Had 31 catches for 330yards last year. If we are bringing Troupe in why not have a look at the other Big Ben?

He has produced much better than Troupe has over the last two seasons. Played college ball up in MIN.
    i always liked him too... Bring him in!
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I believe he is a restricted FA, i could be wrong but we mite have to give up a pick for him, i like him too, a mini dallas clarke
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
        a mini dallas clarke
        I dont know if mini is the right word to describe him. He's a big boy and isn't a bad blocker either.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

He is a RFA though.
          It was all

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

He is restricted, but Indy gave him the low tender and he is unrestricted.

Thus, Indy holds the right to match any offer sheet he signs, but if they don't there is no compensation required.

He has visits scheduled with the Bengals and the Jets.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

yes please.
              It was all

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

I have been watching almost all the colts games the last 2 seasons, and I can only remember one drop from him. This guy is a freak!
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

If there is no compensation i say bring him in, sign troupe and him and cut Royal, draft a TE on day one, then u have significantly upgraded the postion form
                  Robert Royal
                  Michael Gaines
                  Matt Murphy
                  Tim Massaqoui
                  Derek Schouman
                  Ryan Nuefeld
                  god was it really that bad?
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

But everyone does look good when Peyton is tossing the ball to you....

probably worth a look though as mentioned above he would be a guarenteed upgrade over what we have.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I remember seeing him in Colts games. He would make some sneaky catches, but then again, it's easy to be overlooked when the D has to worry about Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Addai, etc. I'd take him as much as I'd take Troupe, maybe more.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        But everyone does look good when Peyton is tossing the ball to you....
                        I agree.

Jerome Pathon anyone?

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Aug 2004

Utecht isn't much of a deep-threat, although he can get deep on occasion--so in that sense he's kind of like Royal. But, he's a good blocker and has good hands. I've seen him make some very difficult catches and he's very good at converting 3rd downs--he knows where the marker is and makes sure that he gets there.

Of course P.Manning makes his stats look better than they might be with another QB, but, if you watch him play, he is a solid, old-fashioned TE. And, he'd be worth a look if the Bills can't get Troupe signed.

Troupe, who is more of an athletic, receiving TE, is a different kind of TE than Utecht--the kind that the Bills probably haven't had since they had K.McKellar.
                          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• jamze132
                            • Jun 2003

I would be happier than I am today with either one of them on the roster...

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                              I would be happier than I am today with either one of them on the roster...
                              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
                              X