Looks like the WR market is now set...Larry Fitzgerald got a new contract!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Looks like the WR market is now set...Larry Fitzgerald got a new contract!

The Arizona Cardinals have reached a contract agreement with All- Pro wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald Jr., Pending NFL approval. The 24 year old Fitzgerald, who helped the Cardinals to a 8-8 record in 2007 their best in ten years will remain with the Cardinals after signing a four-year contract extent ion.

The two-time Pro Bowl star said, "I'm very happy with this my intent was to stay with the Cardinals, I'm grateful that we were able to get this done." Fitzgerald led the NFC in 2007 with 100 receptions and 10 touchdowns. Fitzgerald will get $33 million over the next three years $30-million is guaranteed.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Looks like the market is now set for Lee Evans...Larry Fitzgerald got a new contract!

I know the numbers are little staggering, I am actually not that upset with this deal. Lee Evans is nowhere near Larry Fitzgerald, so now his new contract will fall somewhere between the Bernard Berrian one and this one.

Now the Bills should be able to use the numbers from all the WRs contracts and get a deal done with Evans.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Re: Looks like the market is now set for Lee Evans...Larry Fitzgerald got a new contract!

I can't see Lee commanding a deal that large

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
        The Arizona Cardinals have reached a contract agreement with All- Pro wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald Jr., Pending NFL approval. The 24 year old Fitzgerald, who helped the Cardinals to a 8-8 record in 2007 their best in ten years will remain with the Cardinals after signing a four-year contract extent ion.

The two-time Pro Bowl star said, "I'm very happy with this my intent was to stay with the Cardinals, I'm grateful that we were able to get this done." Fitzgerald led the NFC in 2007 with 100 receptions and 10 touchdowns. Fitzgerald will get $33 million over the next three years $30-million is guaranteed.

http://larry-fitzgerald.com/jr/index...id=74&Itemid=1

the only time Fitzgerald and Evans are in the same market is when they go visit you at Wegmans.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Re: Looks like the market is now set for Lee Evans...Larry Fitzgerald got a new contr

I posted this in the NFL Zone.

I don't think Evans will command this kind of money, although he will get a lot. Fitzgerald is the best young receiver in the NFL. At 24, he looks like he could be the next Randy Moss.

I wonder if the Cards will look to bring Bryant Johnson back with the cap room they created.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
            I can't see Lee commanding a deal that large
            nope, nowhere near it. So, now that this deal is finally done, the Bills have a maximum number that they can tell Lee Evans, look this is what you can get. This is our offer, it's not a final offer, but we need a counter offer.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
              the only time Fitzgerald and Evans are in the same market is when they go visit you at Wegmans.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Re: Looks like the WR market is now set...Larry Fitzgerald got a new contract!

Fitzgerald will get $33 million over the next three years $30-million is guaranteed.

WOW.

Thats alot of Double cheese burgers

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Re: Looks like the market is now set for Lee Evans...Larry Fitzgerald got a new contr

Originally posted by NE39
                  I posted this in the NFL Zone.

I don't think Evans will command this kind of money, although he will get a lot. Fitzgerald is the best young receiver in the NFL. At 24, he looks like he could be the next Randy Moss.

I wonder if the Cards will look to bring Bryant Johnson back with the cap room they created.
                  Evans won't command this kind of money. But at least there is a maximum level that the Lee Evans camp should get, but truthfully, it should be a lot less!

As for Johnson, sorry but I don't see it. After the money they just coughed up for Fitzgerald, I can't see them willing to pony up more dough for a 3rd receiver.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Sign Evans right now!!! before it is too late,
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                      Sign Evans right now!!! before it is too late,
                      EXACTLY!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                        H to the 12:20
                        • Jul 2002

I think Lee is awesome, but I really don't think he should get much more $ than Bernard Berrian. BB has progressively gotten better with more play time. Lee has been, then down, then way up, then back down again. I'm not saying I'd rather have Berrian, or that he's better, but when trying to iron out a contract, I think Lee's leverage is about equal to BB.

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Mikey82

http://larry-fitzgerald.com/jr/index...id=74&Itemid=1
                          ya i figured he wouldnt have signed to a huge contract..he doesnt want to stay in arizona for that long, he knows they suck an he'll want to go to a championship team, i dont blame him..he's amazing an deserves it.

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

The best part for Fitzgerald is that when this deal expires, he'll only be 28. That dude is going to make a ton of cash before all is said and done.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                              The best part for Fitzgerald is that when this deal expires, he'll only be 28. That dude is going to make a ton of cash before all is said and done.
                              That's why it's so short.

Comment

Working...
                              X