Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Please Mr. Golisano.....

WTF difference does that make?

All-Pro Zoner BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would rather have this team than no team at all! All of you have your heads so far up your butts your not seeing the big picture which is this team went for it two years in a row and they raised the payroll and went up to the cap and they still didn't win the Stanley Cup so it's time to rebuild. Golisano WILL NOT dismiss Quinn either Quinn was the one that got Golisano to buy the Sabres. Quinn will still be here next year and so will Darcy and Lindy.

Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls Bill Brasky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dude
    WTF difference does that make?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    I agree. So many people were acting like Brian Campbell was very overrated and not a good player. sure he had a bad year, but that was because he was ****ed up emotionally and it didn't help that the Sabres management didn't try to calm him down. He offered to sign here for $25 million and 5 -years, but they turned him down. Then when it gets to the deadline, they realize that was a fair offer and go higher, but still won't give him the long term deal that he wants. And again, if you are going to trade Campbell, okay...I guess I can take it. $6.5 million is a lot of money. But they should have at least replaced him. Get another defenseman. And they didn't. All they did was get another young, hard nosed inconsistant forward.
    He is overrated and not even the Sabres best defenseman.

As for what they got, you are not entirely correct. They also got a 1st round pick. And, when he was Bernier's age, Campbell was terrible. He could not even get out of Rochester.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    I would rather have this team than no team at all! All of you have your heads so far up your butts your not seeing the big picture which is this team went for it two years in a row and they raised the payroll and went up to the cap and they still didn't win the Stanley Cup so it's time to rebuild.
    They shouldn't have had to rebuild, being the President's Trophy winners last year and going to the ECF the past two years.

Teams like that don't rebuild. They reload.

Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls Bill Brasky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    He is overrated and not even the Sabres best defenseman.

As for what they got, you are not entirely correct. They also got a 1st round pick. And, when he was Bernier's age, Campbell was terrible. He could not even get out of Rochester.
    I disagree. Talent-wise, he may not have been our best, but he was a corner stone of the unit. That alone makes him more valuable than the do-nothings on our current blue line. Sometimes the average player can be your best in the right setting.

And again, I've grown somewhat tiresome of the whole "well we got a 1st rounder for him". It doesn't mean jack **** if we never intend on resigning the guys we draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    I would rather have this team than no team at all! All of you have your heads so far up your butts your not seeing the big picture which is this team went for it two years in a row and they raised the payroll and went up to the cap and they still didn't win the Stanley Cup so it's time to rebuild. Golisano WILL NOT dismiss Quinn either Quinn was the one that got Golisano to buy the Sabres. Quinn will still be here next year and so will Darcy and Lindy.
    Two years isn't nearly long enough to try.

Quinn was the one who brought this team down (which costs Tom $$$). That's all he does.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I blame Jerry Jones, Tom Hicks, Mark Cuban, and all the other big market owners.

BTW, who the **** cares about the logo? I'm more worried about winning.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    No ****.

I am so sick of hearing about this ****ing logo.

BTW, I bet they still have the 14,000 season tickets next year. The waiting list is way too long.

And they would have never signed all 3. Maybe two of the three.
    I agree about the logo...who cares?!?! As far as the season tickets...umm, I think you might be surprised how big a hit the Sabres take next year. Do not forget they suckered in a lot of people to purchase season tickets by guaranteeing them playoff tickets last year. People can tell that this organization is going in the wrong direction and the ticket sales will show that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    I agree about the logo...who cares?!?! As far as the season tickets...umm, I think you might be surprised how big a hit the Sabres take next year. Do not forget they suckered in a lot of people to purchase season tickets by guaranteeing them playoff tickets last year. People can tell that this organization is going in the wrong direction and the ticket sales will show that.
    So because the team is on the decline people should stop buying season tickets? Wow, great fan base, no wonder teams in Buffalo feel the need to leave.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer
    So because the team is on the decline people should stop buying season tickets? Wow, great fan base, no wonder teams in Buffalo feel the need to leave.
    Wrong...people just know their sports here and are pissed they got suckered into paying for a product that is WAY worse than what they thought they were buying. Buffalo fans are the best, but they know their sports better than any city in any sport.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wrong...people just know their sports here and are pissed they got suckered into paying for a product that is WAY worse than what they thought they were buying. Buffalo fans are the best, but they know their sports better than any city in any sport.
    So again, because the team is on the decline people should just quit buying tickets? That's a horrible fan base.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So again, because the team is on the decline people should just quit buying tickets? That's a horrible fan base.
    No, but to assume that people will just continue to do nothing to show their displeasure with the direction this team is going is ignorant. You obviously missed the interview with Golisano where he stated that everything is fine because the seats are full? He showed his hand and the fact that he cares only about filling seats and not necessarily putting the best product on the ice. Though I commend him for keeping this team in Buffalo, I do believe he has made a HUGE mistake by aligning himself with Quinn. Quinn needs to go and would make a big difference in the direction of this organization. He thinks that he knows hockey, but he has no clue...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, but to assume that people will just continue to do nothing to show their displeasure with the direction this team is going is ignorant. You obviously missed the interview with Golisano where he stated that everything is fine because the seats are full? He showed his hand and the fact that he cares only about filling seats and not necessarily putting the best product on the ice. Though I commend him for keeping this team in Buffalo, I do believe he has made a HUGE mistake by aligning himself with Quinn. Quinn needs to go and would make a big difference in the direction of this organization. He thinks that he knows hockey, but he has no clue...
    I won't claim to know anything about the Sabres (other than the Goalie is in a commercial on ESPN) and am more than willing to admit my ignorance regarding the ownership; but to just flat out quit buying tickets because things aren't going well is just dumb and from the outside looking in is a sign of a really sad fan base. I'm not going to quit going to Bills games just because our team has been the laughing stock of the league for the past decade.

BTW, what is everyone complaining about? The Sabres were in the finals a year or two ago weren't they?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I won't claim to know anything about the Sabres (other than the Goalie is in a commercial on ESPN) and am more than willing to admit my ignorance regarding the ownership; but to just flat out quit buying tickets because things aren't going well is just dumb and from the outside looking in is a sign of a really sad fan base. I'm not going to quit going to Bills games just because our team has been the laughing stock of the league for the past decade.

BTW, what is everyone complaining about? The Sabres were in the finals a year or two ago weren't they?
    It's not about missing the playoffs, but how this team is managed or should I say...mismanaged. People hated Quinn when he was involved with this team in the 90's and they hate him now. He is just a joke, there is no other way to put it. I don't think people will stop buying tickets, but I don't think the buzz will be there like it has been the last two years...this FO has killed that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's not about missing the playoffs, but how this team is managed or should I say...mismanaged. People hated Quinn when he was involved with this team in the 90's and they hate him now. He is just a joke, there is no other way to put it. I don't think people will stop buying tickets, but I don't think the buzz will be there like it has been the last two years...this FO has killed that.
    Sounds like the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sounds like the Bills.
    Exactly. All Buffalo fans ask for is an honest effort to win and that is not what the Sabres, as an organization, are doing right now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Exactly. All Buffalo fans ask for is an honest effort to win and that is not what the Sabres, as an organization, are doing right now.
    I understand where you're coming from. Trust me, I hate losers (sadly, God made me a Bills fan ), but that's still no reason to be any less of a fan. Not buying tickets, in time, could come back and bite you in the ass if he decides that he can't afford to keep the team in Buffalo anymore.

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gr8slayer, Ask people from other teams around the league whether the Sabres have a faithful fan base or not. I'd think you'd get a resounding yes. Most people involved with the league, owners, media, players, etc recognize Buffalo as being on par with the Canadian cities in terms for the passion of their team.

The Sabres will still sell plenty of tickets... I think the point Nighthawk (god I find myself agreeing with him too much lately...) is that people are bound to be pissed off that they shelled out for season tickets that many of them probably couldn't really afford in the first place (not management's fault) because they wanted to get ahold of playoff tickets last year (management's fault). Now, they see a Front Office that has messed up enough that the team is suffering and significantly worse off than they have been the past two years (I'll admit, much moreso than I expected them to be) and are wondering to themselves why they let the management sucker them in.

I don't really hold one side any more accountable than the other, but there will likely be some sort of backlash because of it.

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ruff needs to grab this team by the cojgnes and make them skate. We only have weeks left to make the playoffs. Then the season starts over.