Originally posted by jfreeman
    IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE MY PREDICTIONS CAME TRUE!!!1
    what were those?

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Re: Please Mr. Golisano.....

Originally posted by bigbub2352
      Greir took the same money in San JOse and said in his departure, that he doesnt like the way the team is heading, and does not like the FO, that is why he left so i gotta agree to what Mikey82 originally posted, u can add a hard nosed prospect in Chris Thorburn, also letting players walk all day without getting anything for them, ala Satan, Zhitnik, etc.
      EXACTLY! That's my point.

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
      So what if they matched. I thought about it then and even more about it now. Grier made certain comments about the "direction the team was going". Maybe now after one more year, the direction is more clear. Maybe sticking with guys like Kalinin, Kotalik, etc is the direction he was talking about. Drury also said after last season that it seemed as if some players have to learn to give everything they have to win, Lindy talked about players playing our of character.

I'll tell you what, I will be very pissed if the Sabres even TRY to resign Kalinin.
      Yup, a lot of people were upset at the Grier move. Sure he left and it was his choice, but if you will get his reason, it makes sense. And guess what, he was right! JP Dumont....GONE! Jay McKee....GONE! Chris Drury....GONE! Danny Briere....GONE! Brian Campbell....GONE!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
        what were those?
        When the new logo came out, I said once the team started to suck people would make more of an issue out of it. It sorta slipped under the rug because the team was kickin ass and taking names. Now with a slew of things to harp on, I could see it becoming more of an issue.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Good luck. After the way they've dealt with players the past 2 years I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk as well.

None of these guys may be "superstars" on their own, but together, as a team, they were damn good.

I will never forgive them for letting Campbell more or less walk out of town. He was much better than people gave him credit for.

What good is "drafting" young talent if you never intend to keep them around? It seems to have worked really well for the other team in town
          I agree. So many people were acting like Brian Campbell was very overrated and not a good player. sure he had a bad year, but that was because he was ****ed up emotionally and it didn't help that the Sabres management didn't try to calm him down. He offered to sign here for $25 million and 5 -years, but they turned him down. Then when it gets to the deadline, they realize that was a fair offer and go higher, but still won't give him the long term deal that he wants. And again, if you are going to trade Campbell, okay...I guess I can take it. $6.5 million is a lot of money. But they should have at least replaced him. Get another defenseman. And they didn't. All they did was get another young, hard nosed inconsistant forward.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

When the new logo came out, I said once the team started to suck people would make more of an issue out of it. It sorta slipped under the rug because the team was kickin ass and taking names. Now with a slew of things to harp on, I could see it becoming more of an issue.
            Oh hell yeah. You should see how much of the throwback stuff is selling. The stuff at the ice bowl flew off the shelves. More and more slug stuff will be going on sale, especially if the Sabres lose the special fan craze that they used to have.

Comment

• Dude
              that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
              • Feb 2005

WTF difference does that make?

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jan 2004

I would rather have this team than no team at all! All of you have your heads so far up your butts your not seeing the big picture which is this team went for it two years in a row and they raised the payroll and went up to the cap and they still didn't win the Stanley Cup so it's time to rebuild. Golisano WILL NOT dismiss Quinn either Quinn was the one that got Golisano to buy the Sabres. Quinn will still be here next year and so will Darcy and Lindy.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dude
                  WTF difference does that make?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    I agree. So many people were acting like Brian Campbell was very overrated and not a good player. sure he had a bad year, but that was because he was ****ed up emotionally and it didn't help that the Sabres management didn't try to calm him down. He offered to sign here for $25 million and 5 -years, but they turned him down. Then when it gets to the deadline, they realize that was a fair offer and go higher, but still won't give him the long term deal that he wants. And again, if you are going to trade Campbell, okay...I guess I can take it. $6.5 million is a lot of money. But they should have at least replaced him. Get another defenseman. And they didn't. All they did was get another young, hard nosed inconsistant forward.
                    He is overrated and not even the Sabres best defenseman.

As for what they got, you are not entirely correct. They also got a 1st round pick. And, when he was Bernier's age, Campbell was terrible. He could not even get out of Rochester.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dude
                      that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      I would rather have this team than no team at all! All of you have your heads so far up your butts your not seeing the big picture which is this team went for it two years in a row and they raised the payroll and went up to the cap and they still didn't win the Stanley Cup so it's time to rebuild.
                      They shouldn't have had to rebuild, being the President's Trophy winners last year and going to the ECF the past two years.

Teams like that don't rebuild. They reload.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        He is overrated and not even the Sabres best defenseman.

As for what they got, you are not entirely correct. They also got a 1st round pick. And, when he was Bernier's age, Campbell was terrible. He could not even get out of Rochester.
                        I disagree. Talent-wise, he may not have been our best, but he was a corner stone of the unit. That alone makes him more valuable than the do-nothings on our current blue line. Sometimes the average player can be your best in the right setting.

And again, I've grown somewhat tiresome of the whole "well we got a 1st rounder for him". It doesn't mean jack **** if we never intend on resigning the guys we draft.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          I would rather have this team than no team at all! All of you have your heads so far up your butts your not seeing the big picture which is this team went for it two years in a row and they raised the payroll and went up to the cap and they still didn't win the Stanley Cup so it's time to rebuild. Golisano WILL NOT dismiss Quinn either Quinn was the one that got Golisano to buy the Sabres. Quinn will still be here next year and so will Darcy and Lindy.
                          Two years isn't nearly long enough to try.

Quinn was the one who brought this team down (which costs Tom $$$). That's all he does.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

I blame Jerry Jones, Tom Hicks, Mark Cuban, and all the other big market owners.

BTW, who the **** cares about the logo? I'm more worried about winning.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              No ****.

I am so sick of hearing about this ****ing logo.

BTW, I bet they still have the 14,000 season tickets next year. The waiting list is way too long.

And they would have never signed all 3. Maybe two of the three.
                              I agree about the logo...who cares?!?! As far as the season tickets...umm, I think you might be surprised how big a hit the Sabres take next year. Do not forget they suckered in a lot of people to purchase season tickets by guaranteeing them playoff tickets last year. People can tell that this organization is going in the wrong direction and the ticket sales will show that.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                                I agree about the logo...who cares?!?! As far as the season tickets...umm, I think you might be surprised how big a hit the Sabres take next year. Do not forget they suckered in a lot of people to purchase season tickets by guaranteeing them playoff tickets last year. People can tell that this organization is going in the wrong direction and the ticket sales will show that.
                                So because the team is on the decline people should stop buying season tickets? Wow, great fan base, no wonder teams in Buffalo feel the need to leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X