• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Yahoo's 32 Players to watch

Find out which guy from each team is poised to step up as Greg Jennings and Wes Welker did in '07.

Buffalo Bills: Paul Posluszny, LB
    We might already be talking about Posluszny as a star if he hadn’t broken his forearm in the third game of his rookie campaign last season. But after racking up 22 tackles in his first two games, he was already looking like a tremendous second-round steal. Health permitting, he could be one of the NFL’s best middle linebackers by the end of the 2008 season.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Yahoo's 32 Players to watch

guns don't kill people, Paul Posluszny kills people

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Poz baby!!

Comment

• The Answer
        The Plagiarist
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MBBedard
        http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Buffalo Bills: Paul Posluszny, LB
        We might already be talking about Posluszny as a star if he hadn’t broken his forearm in the third game of his rookie campaign last season. But after racking up 22 tackles in his first two games, he was already looking like a tremendous second-round steal. Health permitting, he could be one of the NFL’s best middle linebackers by the end of the 2008 season.
        This is a critical year for Poz since he was a major dissapointment his rookie season getting injured just 2 games into the 2007 campaign.

Also with The Digi's emergence as a force in the middle, and the signing of Mitchell - it's going to be very hard for him to see the field unless he looks like Brian Urlacher in training camp.

~The Answer

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
          This is a critical year for Poz since he was a major dissapointment his rookie season getting injured just 2 games into the 2007 campaign.

Also with The Digi's emergence as a force in the middle, and the signing of Mitchell - it's going to be very hard for him to see the field unless he looks like Brian Urlacher in training camp.

~The Answer
          He was a disappointment because he was hurt? Poz was top 5 in tackles before he got hurt. God I thought this troll was gone.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

~The Answer

Kids.... dont eat lead paint.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The Answer
              The Plagiarist
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by The Spaz
              He was a disappointment because he was hurt? Poz was top 5 in tackles before he got hurt. God I thought this troll was gone.
              Just about every major NFL analyst and scouting guru (including your very own BZ member The Answer) had this guy pegged as a potential bust because of the injury concerns - and guess what - he was injured 2 games into his nfl career.

Also The Answer is curious as to why everybody thinks this kid is a superstar or something? He was beat out in training camp last year by The Digi, and he didn't show much at all in the first few games of the season. Is it any coincidence that we starting winning games after he went down for the season? And don't give me stats on the Pittsburgh game either - we were getting mauled and it was garbage time after the 1st quarter.

~The Answer

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

~The Answer
                I love how you find the most bland and least talented players on the team to bandwagon. Digi isn't going to be a long time starter in Buffalo just like Holcomb never was going to be.

Will you be around when Digi is riding the pine or will you go on another hiatus?
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

Digi? Holcomb?
                  Dude, occasionally you have some good insight, but how can you possibly expect anyone to take you seriously when you spew this crap? You can't possibly be serious w/this stuff. It's like Ravens fans saying Ed Hartwell is/was better than Ray Lewis, or Phin fans thinking Travis Minor would've been a better option at RB than Ronnie Brown. The only logical conclusion to make from your post is that it is spam mant to get a rise out of people.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

~The Answer

digi's emergence as a force?

mitchell has nothing to do with Poz and if he will be starting.

care to make a wager on if poz beats digi out since it is going to be "very hard for him to see the field?"

~the question.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Buffatexas
                      • Aug 2002

Just about every major NFL analyst and scouting guru (including your very own BZ member The Answer) had this guy pegged as a potential bust because of the injury concerns - and guess what - he was injured 2 games into his nfl career.

Also The Answer is curious as to why everybody thinks this kid is a superstar or something? He was beat out in training camp last year by The Digi, and he didn't show much at all in the first few games of the season. Is it any coincidence that we starting winning games after he went down for the season? And don't give me stats on the Pittsburgh game either - we were getting mauled and it was garbage time after the 1st quarter.

~The Answer
                      What language would you like for me to use to remind you yet again that you cannot condition for a broken arm and your precious "digi" did not beat him out in TC

Comment

• That Guy
                        • Apr 2004

~The Answer
                        Didn't Poz win the starting job? Yeah.

Not to mention I HATE when people say a dude is injury prone because of non-nagging coincidental injuries like a broken forearm. Yeah, because a guy can really be more susceptable to a broken forearm.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

guys, hes right, Poz's forearms are just way too brittle. he will never be a good linebacker with forearm bones like that. Look at Digi! he is like the god of forearm bones, in madden his forearm bone rating is 100 and poz is 0.

dude, get real. Poz DID win the starting job, Jauron was just pushing Poz to get better in the preseason and it worked, he looked good in the 2 games before he got hurt.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I hope G8 doesn't read this.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              guys, hes right, Poz's forearms are just way too brittle. he will never be a good linebacker with forearm bones like that. Look at Digi! he is like the god of forearm bones, in madden his forearm bone rating is 100 and poz is 0.

dude, get real. Poz DID win the starting job, Jauron was just pushing Poz to get better in the preseason and it worked, he looked good in the 2 games before he got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X