• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Bryant Johnson signs.. With SF

He must think Mike Martz is going to have a pass happy Offense and he get big numbers.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
      He must think Mike Martz is going to have a pass happy Offense and he get big numbers.

Or maybe he thinks Montana is coming out of retirement?....
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

i guess we need to know what specifically what the escalator money was

if the contract was for three per but would go to four or five if he produced like a number two then he was crazy to turn that down

if it was only a modest bump for production then i could see bjs position. but that doesnt even make sense that the bills would offer that in the first place

i suppose maybe he thinks hes gonna be the man in sf and end up their number one. but a) they already have two starting caliber wrs there and c) sfs offense sucked last year. i guess he might be banking that martz will resurrect the offense

thats a lot of ifs. but oh well he decided to roll the dice thats his call
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

i wonder why the bills have zero interest in hackett. it might be his injury history but unless their doctors know something concrete that eliminates him i wouldnt just ignore him. hes produced very well when healthy and since injury problems are usually just bad luck i would think theyd take a look idk
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Anyone else upset that the team has done NOTHING to upgrade their offense and are counting on a draft pick to shine and be a good receiver this year...?

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

The reason he wants a 1-year deal and the Bills don't want to do them is because next year is looking more and more like it's going to be an uncapped year. He knows the payout will be much larger next year even if his performance is status quo with previous years. If you think salaries and guaranteed $$ is out of control now, wait until that happens!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                The reason he wants a 1-year deal and the Bills don't want to do them is because next year is looking more and more like it's going to be an uncapped year. He knows the payout will be much larger next year even if his performance is status quo with previous years. If you think salaries and guaranteed $$ is out of control now, wait until that happens!
                nope. 2010 will be the uncapped year. Not next year.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  Anyone else upset that the team has done NOTHING to upgrade their offense and are counting on a draft pick to shine and be a good receiver this year...?

There is not much out there Mike. They can't force players to sign here.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by venis2k1
                    I dont understand, if we sign him to a 1 year deal. Whats the worst thing that can happen?

We would have a good understanding for what the player can do as a true #2 in our system.
                    It puts them right back where they are now next year. You are not solving the problem.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      but you said he blows.. why would you want someone who blows even for league minimum? maybe because your aware your full of ****?
                      For league minimum I'd take a lot of people, even players as bad as Hackett. Quit trying to start a pissing match with me, I'm not interested. I've posted my reasons why I feel the way I do about Hackett. So far all you've brought to the conversation is "well he had a couple of good games." If you don't posses the brain power to understand that people won't always agree with you then I can't help you.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I will say this though....Bryant Johnson is a ****ing moron! Good luck with that mess in San Fransisco!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Meathead
                          i wonder why the bills have zero interest in hackett. it might be his injury history but unless their doctors know something concrete that eliminates him i wouldnt just ignore him. hes produced very well when healthy and since injury problems are usually just bad luck i would think theyd take a look idk
                          I agree, unless there is another issue with him we don't know about.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

I will say this though....Bryant Johnson is a ****ing moron! Good luck with that mess in San Fransisco!
                            And he's a very average player.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Heres why Im not:

1) We have stud #1 WR
                              2) We have a young #1 QB that we are starting regardless
                              3) We finally have a decent o-line
                              4) We have a young stud RB

Is it unreasonable to think we could find an upgrade to Peerless or Josh from the draft? To me the answer to that is an easy NO!

At TE, its still not over as far as FA goes. Bubba Franks is out there and maybe we works a trade. Moreover, we can land a solid TE from the 2nd or deeper who will help day one from the draft. Thats all we are looking for at this point anyways.

I think what happened is that teams like the Raiders blew the market wide open with dumb contracts and it became a sellers market for WR's. At TE, there was never a stud top 10 TE type in FA anyways.

If we land just 2 great young prospects at TE and #2 WR from this draft Im very happy. just my 2 pecos

Comment

• gr8slayer
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                                Heres why Im not:

1) We have stud #1 WR I disagree. Evans is the kind of WR that needs a good #2 to really flourish, we'll see.
                                2) We have a young #1 QB that we are starting regardless Hopefully he shuts a lot of people (like me) up this year.
                                3) We finally have a decent o-line Yeah, the FO did a great job putting the pieces together last off-season.
                                4) We have a young stud RB No doubt about that.

Is it unreasonable to think we could find an upgrade to Peerless or Josh from the draft? To me the answer to that is an easy NO!

At TE, its still not over as far as FA goes. Bubba Franks is out there and maybe we works a trade. Moreover, we can land a solid TE from the 2nd or deeper who will help day one from the draft. Thats all we are looking for at this point anyways.

I think what happened is that teams like the Raiders blew the market wide open with dumb contracts and it became a sellers market for WR's. At TE, there was never a stud top 10 TE type in FA anyways.

If we land just 2 great young prospects at TE and #2 WR from this draft Im very happy. just my 2 pecos

Comment

Working...
                                X