Kelly

Sweed

Disscuss?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kelly vs. Sweed

Having watched both for a couple of years I can tell you that Sweed is by far the better run blocker and much more physical,

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      Having watched both for a couple of years I can tell you that Sweed is by far the better run blocker.
      Evans doesn't need that.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

What good is drafting an WR when TE has a rag arm and won't be able to get him the ball?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

What good is drafting an WR when TE has a rag arm and won't be able to get him the ball?
          says who?
          sacrifice1

Comment

• blackonyx89
            HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan

I'd go with Sweed. Moneywise, he's going to be cheaper and as far as
            his skills, he's got great speed and I like his unorthodox receiving skills,
            especially when it comes to adjusting the ball when thrown awkwardly or
            underthrown. BTW, Trent doesn't have a "rag arm" and he's gonna
            have to learn to play in nasty cold weather.
            Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

After reading this post, discussion is over.

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Sep 2005

I'd choose Sweed over Kelly. However, my feelings lie with James Hardy. When its all said and done, I think Hardy will statistically amount to a superior NFL player than any other WR in this years class.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

I was pro Kelley but after watching those videos I say Sweed is the better WR

Comment

• Jaybird
                    • Dec 2005

i think they all will be ok, but just ok

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                      I was pro Kelley but after watching those videos I say Sweed is the better WR
                      Same, although some say Devin Thomas could be the next Boldin. But I don't think Thomas makes it to our 2nd either.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by blackonyx89
                        I'd go with Sweed. Moneywise, he's going to be cheaper and as far as
                        his skills, he's got great speed and I like his unorthodox receiving skills,
                        especially when it comes to adjusting the ball when thrown awkwardly or
                        underthrown. BTW, Trent doesn't have a "rag arm" and he's gonna
                        have to learn to play in nasty cold weather.
                        Moneywise? How?
                        Originally posted by gr8slayer
                        Having watched both for a couple of years I can tell you that Sweed is by far the better run blocker and much more physical,
                        This could be a tie breaker. I have to admit though, I haven't watched them here. And, it would be interesting to check out Hardy's run game too.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Sweed is more physical and has more speed. I think both Kelly and Sweed are worthy of the #11 pick though.. If we take either one I'm happy.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

I think WR is a bigger need than CB. Heck, TE is probably a bigger need. But, I can see how it might be better value wise to go CB.

How many second round CBs will be an opening day starter? IMO, there could be a handful available in the first. It might be better to grab a CB in the first, and hope there isn't a run on WR. Another argument is how expansive a good CB is. Seems they get record contracts. And, DRC wouldn't be much of a reach here, if at all.

There are a handful of WRs I think will start opening day and have the potential to really produce (especially in the red zone). And, at the same time be effective in the run game. Those guys are projected to be gone by our second pick at this point too. But, there are about 10 more who could be starting very soon, and become legit #2s.

It is crazy how all these guys shot up on mock drafts. Hardy, Thomas, Sweed, Kelly. But not all the way up. All would seem like a reach at 11.

Oh, and our TEs are so bad, and this draft is so deep, we could choose between 3 to 10 starter in the third.

Leaving us with one more glaring offensive need. FB. I like Owen Schmitt. Which would leave us longing for a better center... John Sullivan can push Fowler.

That CB, WR, TE, FB, C, combo could get us 5 first year starters out of one draft.

For me, the deciding fact is McKelvin, Jenkins, DRC, Talib, Cason and Flowers will all be gone by our second. While Doucet, Caldwell, Nelson, and maybe one of the higher prospects previously mentioned, will be available in the second.

Moss still has to be played twice a year.

DRC is the tallest CB in the draft. Had the highest CB vertical. The farthest long jump. One of the top 5 40 times.

AND

He scored as many TDs as a freshman CB as he gave up to the guy he covered all four years combined.

So,

It would be way better to trade back. Trade our third and first to the Cowboys for their two first rounders. Throw in a 7th to sweeten it if we have to. It works points wise. If only McFadden would fall to us, the cowboy would be all over that deal.

Then we get Sweed, Kelly, Hardy, or Thomas (in that order), and one of those CBs mention. Oh, and if DRC is available at 22, WR waits til 28.

So, come on McFadden. Your like one tiny domestic dispute away.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Confused
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2007

Trade down and grab Hardy.

Comment

Working...
                              X