• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: At this point @ WR, we might as well resign EMo

I bet 6-5 Chris Burkett would give up his Dairy dept. job for another shot at the big time.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Re: At this point @ WR, we might as well resign EMo

Originally posted by jpdex12
      There wasn't much in the line of starting talent at the WR position in FA this off season so knowing if we didn't strike fast we wouldn't get our #2 WR.

Well, you'd be better off starting Ralph at the #2 WR spot then plucking any of the scrubs left in FA now.

Terrence Copper (6'-0" 207lbs)
      DJ Hackett
      D Jackson

I think that Hackett is the only legit option left and he hasn't talked a lick about Buffalo nor has Buffalo revealed any interest in him. He'll end up back in Seattle where he wants to be.

I checked all of the depth charts on every team in the NFL except our own division for players that would be likely options to trade for or any FA WRs floating around and there is nothing. The only player that perked my interest that could be lured away realistically was James Jones from the Packers. They have plenty of depth and Jones was undrafted. We would have to lure him away with a draft pick. Maybe a 4th with his potential in such a young career so far. He could be a #2 WR and do well IMO.

With the crao left in FA for WRs I am convinced that we are going to grab a WR and TE early as we all suspect at this point and I am not holding my breath on much improvement in our offense in 2008. I'm always realistic and optimistic but it'll be touhg to show improvement on that side of the ball unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat from the draft and you all know how often that "rookie" rabbit comes along. We really needed to pick up a veteran WR and TE. Might be one more year away from the playoffs unfortunately...
      If Eric comes in at the vet minimum, expecting nothing more than a fair shot at the #2 WR spot, knowing full good and well that we are drafting aguy early to be that #2 either this year or as soon as possible, than hey, why not.

Guess what, I dont see that happening until Eric is still out of work late in July.

Comment

Working...
      X