Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: D.J. Hackett to Carolina

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: D.J. Hackett to Carolina

did you not say he was a slot receiver?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and i had him and hassleback on my fantasy team. i watched every game he played this year.

there is no point in arguing since he is a panther now.. but when he is starting there and does well for the same price we paid a total piece of **** like courtney anderson, i hope you will man up and admit you were way the **** off.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer
    You should really watch football sometime and quit watching highlight clips on Youtube and looking at stats. There's a lot more that goes into being a good player than what kind of stats a person puts up.
    Ice, you're the last person who should be telling anyone how to evaluate a player. Last year all you could say about Edwards was the one TD pass in blah-blah games, so don't go talking about overemphasizing stats. I have watched Hackett play, and that confirms his stats.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    did you not say he was a slot receiver?
    When Engram and Branch were healthy he was the #3. Generally speaking your #3 is your Slot WR so if that's what you're asking then yes.

Let's think about this logically. I'm not denying that he would likely be the second best WR on this team. But if he were that cherished by Seattle don't you think they would have given him the joke of a contract he got from Carolina? Have you seen him run block? Have you noticed that he ducks his head when going across the middle? Have you seen his route running? Have you seen the drops? It's the small things he does wrong and I for one am glad that we chose not to overpay for the guy. Now I would have paid him what Carolina game him but I'm sure we had our reasons starting with injuries.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    Ice, you're the last person who should be telling anyone how to evaluate a player. Last year all you could say about Edwards was the one TD pass in blah-blah games, so don't go talking about overemphasizing stats. I have watched Hackett play, and that confirms his stats.
    What you don't know could fill a book. You have proven time and time again that you are an ESPN crony and don't actually watch any film. I'd question whether you've even played the game at any level past middle school.

There's no denying that our offense lacked the ability to score last year with both QB's and Edwards wasn't helping.

Please, break down his games from this year, I have my break-down in writing. Perhaps we can exchange since you're seeing something I'm not.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Some of the biggest idiot commentators out there are guys who have played, so that means nothing. Doing it and doing it well are two different things.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Some of the biggest idiot commentators out there are guys who have played, so that means nothing. Doing it and doing it well are two different things.
    I get paid well to do it so I'm obviously doing something right

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

so did Theismann

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is a good ass thread.

I for one believe that, even with the better production, Hackett's addition would have only been a marginal addition at best over Reed and Parrish and would have convoluted our depth chart by adding another not-quite-starter to the mix. I think Reed and Parrish are IDEAL #3 and #4 guys and bring what we need to compete to the table. However, we have a hell of a black hole at #2 and we need to fill it with a potential star.

A 3rd tier FA in an awful pool is not going to fill it like we need it to be, much less for a sustained period, so why sign him? Hackett may be able to jump, but from what i've seen, he's a lanky guy who doesn't have the body to go over the middle and does not know how to use it well either, which is precisely what we need.

To fill this hole, I'm convinced we need a 1st or 2nd rounder, AND a 5th round project.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gr8 = Ice??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    Gr8 = Ice??
    No, I meant they both think they know it all by claiming to be professionals

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ah.. yeah.. i can see the resemblence.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, I meant they both think they know it all by claiming to be professionals
    Oh how your ignorance continues to blossom. While we're on the subject of comparing posters to each other you and The Answer aren't related by chance are you? Your knowledge when it comes to the game of football is strikingly similar, almost obsolete.

You and your lady friend should really stop talking and start watching. You make yourselves sound like morons every time you say anything due to your lack education regarding the game of football.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

While Hackett may not be Jerry Rice, he is a productive player and starter-worthy, IMO. People forget, but going into last season the Seahawk's plan was to have Hackett start. When Darrell Jackson was traded, it was Hackett that earned the starting job (not Nate Burleson or Bobby Engram). Hackett and Branch were to start on the outside, while Engram was the 3rd WR (operating out of the slot). However, Hackett and Branch only were healthy together for one game. Engram had a huge year.

The reason Hackett didn't draw more interest is he has to prove he can stay healthy. He worked his way into a starting job in Seattle, but his problems staying healthy have dogged him. You can't deny the guy's productiion when healthy, which was only underscored when he had a big game against the Redskins in the playoffs (6-101-1, a game he where started outside, BTW, as Seattle opened in their 3 WR set). However, staying healthy is an important asset in a WR, and that is the question Hackett has to answer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

According to the Charlotte Observer he chose Carolina because they promised him that he will start and be the number 2 WR next to Steve Smith. They also stated how he had only one drop last year.
    This has low risk high reward for the Panthers based on the talent of Hackett and the amount of the contract.