Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since we're cracking down on rules and getting super serious now, I have a question.

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Since we're cracking down on rules and getting super serious now, I have a question.

This is the ZONE Election and all, and the first debate question was about the Zone as a whole and specifically the BillsZone.

So why are we forced to only campaign in this tiny part of the zone that only about 10% of the population of this site even knows exists at this point?

The mass majority of people that visit this site are not even going to know what's going on and yet we're asking questions that will effect how things are run here on the whole?

I'll admit that I goofed up and broke one of Shelby's rules by posting a campaign thread outside of this forum, but does it really make any sense for things to be confined to just this area if we're honestly doing something that is meant to be a truly Zone wide thing?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Since we're cracking down on rules and getting super serious now, I have a question.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Since we're cracking down on rules and getting super serious now, I have a question.

Because we are a Bills fan site not just one about this election, many posters probably dont care about the TZ or a Zone President they come here to read and talk about Bills news. I along with the rest of the staff will not allow for that to be tainted by any campaign posting things outside this forum. We have given the campaigns a special place to campaign and I hope that they all choose to obey the guidelines. I may be attached to a specific campaign however the integrity of the BZ always comes first, and I dont want it to, nor will I let it get dragged down into arguments about this campaign. You have your space, do with it what you will.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The outcome, in theory, will affect all Zoners. So all Zoners should be made aware that this is happening.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Because we are a Bills fan site not just one about this election, many posters probably dont care about the TZ or a Zone President they come here to read and talk about Bills news. I along with the rest of the staff will not allow for that to be tainted by any campaign posting things outside this forum. We have given the campaigns a special place to campaign and I hope that they all choose to obey the guidelines. I may be attached to a specific campaign however the integrity of the BZ always comes first, and I dont want it to, nor will I let it get dragged down into arguments about this campaign. You have your space, do with it what you will.
    I am all for allowing it in the TZ but not the BZ.

That seems to make sense!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=148977

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Than why are we asking questions to the candidates about things that will directly effect the BZ????

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    Than why are we asking questions to the candidates about things that will directly effect the BZ????
    The actual football portion of the board must be pure and maintaned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Since we're cracking down on rules and getting super serious now, I have a questi

Because they are only one aspect of the Zone power structure, they dont have absolute control over anything. So while they will have a say in what happens to the BZ and their ideas are important to voters they wont have an absolute influence so to speak. I have no issue with a stickied closed thread saying there is an election and here is the link to the zone it in. Read Up and Vote but no way should anyone be allowed to actively campaign outside this zone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    I am all for allowing it in the TZ but not the BZ.

That seems to make sense!

I concur with Thurm. TZ ok, BZ not ok.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I concur with thurm. And no one running knows more about Buffalo Bills football than me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake Enyart
    I concur with thurm. And no one running knows more about Buffalo Bills football than me.
    Amen brother!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I do understand, and it really doesn't make sense. However like Thurm has stated, there is enough crap in the BZ, we don't need to add to it.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We could just sticky a thread in the BZ with information to the campaign forum....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree it doesn't belong in the BZ, that place is a big enough mess half the time. I just don't get why we're voting on something that as Draftboy himself is important to the voters, yet the majority that will be effected don't even know what's going on.

And for those of you saying it's fine in the TZ, not in the BZ... than why can't we campaign fully in the TZ since I'm sure many people in there still don't even realize that there is an Election Zone at this point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Look at your avatars. When you post in other forums, and people see your avatar, don't you think that's enough to peak their curiosity which may cause them to investigate, and maybe find this special place on their own?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Since we're cracking down on rules and getting super serious now, I have a questi

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    We could just sticky a thread in the BZ with information to the campaign forum....
    That I have no issue with, albeit it should be a closed thread, and we could put one in the TZ too. But no way should we allow active campaigning in any other forum.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    Look at your avatars. When you post in other forums, and people see your avatar, don't you think that's enough to peak their curiosity which may cause them to investigate, and maybe find this special place on their own?
    No, I don't actually, not to mention many people have them turned off.

I just think it makes no sense that we're voting for something that effects the Zone as a whole but then we're expected to keep it contained in this one little forum. Seems silly to me, perhaps I'm wrong.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That I have no issue with, albeit it should be a closed thread, and we could put one in the TZ too. But no way should we allow active campaigning in any other forum.
    That is exactly what I was thinking!

Vote for Bedard

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    That is exactly what I was thinking!

Vote for Bedard
    Not our call though, you'll need to take it to the rest of the staff for the final decision.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not our call though, you'll need to take it to the rest of the staff for the final decision.
    One thing at a time DraftBoy.

Right now I'm trying to get a stiffer penalty for voter fraud.