Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Strong Lead for Candidate L.A. Playa

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Post A Strong Lead for Candidate L.A. Playa

~The PC Times 8:25 am est.

Well if this doesn't light a fire under the other candidates feet in the next round of debates, what will? The majority of negative comments made against candidate Earthquake Enyart, was the fact that he left the Billszone in protest of the NFL Forum being overseen/moderated by a Miami Dolphin Fan. This, like many things that you would find on a public message board, is an opinion. People disagree with his opinion on that subject, and it shows in the polls.

Ironically, the majority of the votes are for a candidate who admitted to being a bigger New Orleans Saints fan, than a Bills fan. Although I haven't searched for the post where L.A. Playa confessed this, I can attest that he did state that at one time.

The point is, team affiliation shouldn't matter on a community board that welcomes all fans to give their input on my beloved team, the Buffalo Bills. Despite his admiration of the N.O. Saints, L.A. Playa does root for the the Buffalo Bills, as well as Earthquake Enyart. Perhaps Earthquake was not aware of his opponent's love of another team, and may have fought ever harder to knock him out of the competition? It doesn't seem to matter at this time, not with such a strong lead by candidate L.A. Playa.

However, the next round of debates will prove interesting, as candidates Gunzlingr and MBBedard are most certainly still in contention. With Supervisor Shelby cracking down on all election wrong doings, the final three candidates will be concentrating more on the important issues. We all want to have some fun with this, but who will be laughing when the wrong man gets elected?

The polls close at 8 pm, so get voting if you haven't already done so. We are assuming that it's 8 pm PST..due to our West Coast members.

Have a Great Day!

~The PC Times

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A Strong Lead for Candidate L.A. Playa

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    ~The PC Times 8:25 am est.
    Ironically, the majority of the votes are for a candidate who admitted to being a bigger New Orleans Saints fan, than a Bills fan. Although I haven't searched for the post where L.A. Playa confessed this, I can attest that he did state that at one time.

The point is, team affiliation shouldn't matter on a community board that welcomes all fans to give their input on my beloved team, the Buffalo Bills. Despite his admiration of the N.O. Saints, L.A. Playa does root for the the Buffalo Bills, as well as Earthquake Enyart. Perhaps Earthquake was not aware of his opponent's love of another team, and may have fought ever harder to knock him out of the competition? It doesn't seem to matter at this time, not with such a strong lead by candidate L.A. Playa.

However, the next round of debates will prove interesting, as candidates Gunzlingr and MBBedard are most certainly still in contention. With Supervisor Shelby cracking down on all election wrong doings, the final three candidates will be concentrating more on the important issues. We all want to have some fun with this, but who will be laughing when the wrong man gets elected?

The polls close at 8 pm, so get voting if you haven't already done so. We are assuming that it's 8 pm PST..due to our West Coast members.

Have a Great Day!

~The PC Times
    I bolded two points that I think are important.

In the first point, it definitely DOES matter that one candidate doesn't root for the Bills as their favorite team. The first debate was all about how to make the main forum better. I find it hard to believe that a president who doesn't have as big a passion for the Bills as he does for another team will be the best leader for this site.

In the second point, it seems that you are showing your preference again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is bad reporting with no facts to substantiate the allegations.

I love football, do I have a favorite team, no. My affiliation and rooting for New Orleans is two fold. First, I am a Reggie Bush fan and he plays in New Orleans, secondly I root for the city of New Orleans in general since Hurricane Katrina.

I grew up in Buffalo and root for all the Buffalo team to be successful so the long suffering fans of their teams get to experience the joy and pride of winning championships they so much desire. This has been stated before but I see has been missed in this report.

I love watching football and am not a rabid fan of any team in which my emotions rise too high or fall too low when teams I root for win or lose.

I have expected the flase accusations from my oppoents but false allegations from the press is just a shame.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm getting tired of the complaints about my fairness. It's not as easy as you might think ya know. Let me reiterate something I've already said a number of times.

I CANNOT VOTE.

I AM NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE.

and most importantly, as of this point the top 3 candidates are all equal in my eyes. I wouldn't mind any of them being president of the zone.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

~mybills
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm getting tired of the complaints about my fairness. It's not as easy as you might think ya know. Let me reiterate something I've already said a number of times.

I CANNOT VOTE.

I AM NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE.

and most importantly, as of this point the top 3 candidates are all equal in my eyes. I wouldn't mind any of them being president of the zone.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

~mybills
    *****ing about the press is not only every candidate's duty, but their God given right.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Playa

I love watching football and am not a rabid fan of any team in which my emotions rise too high or fall too low when teams I root for win or lose.
    Who wants a candidate who is not passionate about their team?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    THAT is the irony!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

THAT is the irony!
    I figured this would be a popularity contest. I had no idea that it would go this way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was truly hoping for something more than popularity. honey won her contest to be a mod, based on an essay.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The exit polls taken from my campaign staff have showed my support has not come from friendships, popularity or relationship, but rather from the positions of the candidates and who they feel best serves their interests

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not being as passionate or rabid about the team as other posters could be considered a positive attribute for someone who is going to have to step in and calm certain situations in discussions about that team. They would be more likely to take into consideration the impact the discussion was having on the board rather than jump in on the side of the person who's opinion they agreed with and wave the banhammer at anyone who did not share their point of view.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dujek
    Not being as passionate or rabid about the team as other posters could be considered a positive attribute for someone who is going to have to step in and calm certain situations in discussions about that team. They would be more likely to take into consideration the impact the discussion was having on the board rather than jump in on the side of the person who's opinion they agreed with and wave the banhammer at anyone who did not share their point of view.
    THANK YOU!!

The point is, team affiliation shouldn't matter on a community board that welcomes all fans to give their input on my beloved team, the Buffalo Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

F that!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

F that!

Nice to see intelligent debate is alive and well.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nice to see intelligent debate is alive and well.

Nobody ever said anything about intelligence!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The exit polls taken from my campaign staff have showed my support has not come from friendships, popularity or relationship, but rather from the positions of the candidates and who they feel best serves their interests
    i still don't understand how you are going to get me more beer or pussy in 2008.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    i still don't understand how you are going to get me more beer or pussy in 2008.
    This has been addressed several times please refer to the Message from L.A. Playa thread

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This has been addressed several times please refer to the Message from L.A. Playa thread
    Thanks I didn't see that thread, but since you weren't serious I don't think I can support you if my campaign tanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,453 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    Thanks I didn't see that thread, but since you weren't serious I don't think I can support you if my campaign tanks.
    Still wish you guys the best of luck along with MBB, may the best team win I guess. Its been an absolute blast so far, Im loving this, granted this is also a lot of what I do everyday just much less civil and with more attacking. There isnt a TOS in the real world...
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!