Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From the Desk of the Playa/NBF 08 Chief of Staff;

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: From the Desk of the Playa/NBF 08 Chief of Staff;

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Im sorry you feel that way but I dont think your opinion is in the majority. I also am saddened by your decision to not take the pledge but I understand that each campaign must make their own decisions and wish you the best of luck the rest of the way!
    What a load.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Again Im disappointed in your decision and the ramifications it will have, if you've made no effort from the get go (like our own campaign) then where is the harm in taking the pledge? However I can only also respect your decision and wish you the best of luck!
    Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond. I just don't think I should be left defenseless if the attacks escalate and get extreme. If it is like a plege in the real world, it will be broken before I finish my Dr. Pepper.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond. I just don't think I should be left defenseless if the attacks escalate and get extreme. If it is like a plege in the real world, it will be broken before I finish my Dr. Pepper.
    Like I said that is a decision for each individual campaign to make, and like your campaign we have been attacked by various camps and have also yet to resort to the same tactics. We hold ourselves to a very high standard because its what we feel like the Zone needs in a leader and we want to set that example. Good luck wading through the attacks on your campaign.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake Enyart
    What a load.
    Sorry you disagree with our campaign stances and good luck in the primary!

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can't believe what I am reading! LA Playa is the candidate for morality? He wants to move MBBs BOB threads to the No TOS Zone, but never chimed in when I was lambasted and criticized by many in the zone when I had an objection to an avatar that I found offensive. I had nor have any problem with MBB's BOB threads because I have seen no offensive material in them. Moreover, I have put the avatar problem behind me as the staff have spoken so to speak and found it unobjectionable. Many of that staff are now on Mr. Playa's staff, and now he wants to censure the zone even more? Is this what the Zone really wants? I can only guess that they do with them voting for him.

I also wonder how much a man who says he will personally PM individually EVERY person who seems to start trouble in the zone. I think that is not only a monumental task, I think Santa Clause would find it difficult to find the time to do that.

I also take umbrage with your stance that your campaign is the only one to not throw mud at the other campaigns. Pointing out obvious changes in your candidate's stance does not mean you are being attacked. I would also like to see obvious mudslinging from all the other candidates.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond.
    That will change.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Like I said that is a decision for each individual campaign to make, and like your campaign we have been attacked by various camps and have also yet to resort to the same tactics. We hold ourselves to a very high standard because its what we feel like the Zone needs in a leader and we want to set that example. Good luck wading through the attacks on your campaign.
    Same to you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's incorrect because of your personal stance to not take on the moderating aspect of the job (a decision we respect) you did not fully answer that aspect of the question. However every other aspect was fully answered and we appreciate your honesty in that regard.

You spoke of probationary periods for new posters and how we should be able to conduct ourselves as posters and adults.

Also Gunz will your campaign be entering into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" with us?
    How did he not fully answer the aspect of the moderating question. It regarded HOW it should be moderated, not he was going to moderate the zone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That Santa Claus comment was funny!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    I can't believe what I am reading! LA Playa is the candidate for morality? He wants to move MBBs BOB threads to the No TOS Zone, but never chimed in when I was lambasted and criticized by many in the zone when I had an objection to an avatar that I found offensive. I had nor have any problem with MBB's BOB threads because I have seen no offensive material in them. Moreover, I have put the avatar problem behind me as the staff have spoken so to speak and found it unobjectionable. Many of that staff are now on Mr. Playa's staff, and now he wants to censure the zone even more? Is this what the Zone really wants? I can only guess that they do with them voting for him.

I also wonder how much a man who says he will personally PM individually EVERY person who seems to start trouble in the zone. I think that is not only a monumental task, I think Santa Clause would find it difficult to find the time to do that.

I also take umbrage with your stance that your campaign is the only one to not throw mud at the other campaigns. Pointing out obvious changes in your candidate's stance does not mean you are being attacked. I would also like to see obvious mudslinging from all the other candidates.
    Cher as I said already once and I can quote it is that Playa never said he had any issue with the BoB threads. Not once, he simply pointed out that this being a family website he could see how young children, women, or parents may take issue with that and if it became a problem then a move may be necessary. I was not involved with your avatar issue as far as staff go so Im not privy to the exact incident you are referring to for that I apologize personally.

Also currently we as staff send out numerous PM's especially when posts are reported so Im not how this isnt feasible at all?

I never once said pointing out change of stance on issues was considered mud slinging. I said we've seen it and victim of it. If you need proof read many of the threads around. We are choose to simply not engage in it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How did he not fully answer the aspect of the moderating question. It regarded HOW it should be moderated, not he was going to moderate the zone.
    I have addressed this already with Gunz, and as I told him, since his personal preference was not to take on the moderator role he did not answer how it should be moderated he mentioned that posters should act like big boys and girls and that new posters should have a probationary period. That does not speak to the direct task of moderation when problems arise. While his ideas are new and fresh it does not cover the entire scope of moderation, which I think Gunz realized being a former mod himself and understood why I said what I said. It was not a shot at Gunz rather just saying that its understandable given his position on the issue.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cher as I said already once and I can quote it is that Playa never said he had any issue with the BoB threads. Not once, he simply pointed out that this being a family website he could see how young children, women, or parents may take issue with that and if it became a problem then a move may be necessary. I was not involved with your avatar issue as far as staff go so Im not privy to the exact incident you are referring to for that I apologize personally.

Also currently we as staff send out numerous PM's especially when posts are reported so Im not how this isnt feasible at all?

I never once said pointing out change of stance on issues being pointed out was considered mud slinging. I said we've seen it and victim of it. If you need proof read many of the threads around. We are choose to simply not engage in it.
    My avatar issue was brought up by a couple of people in general. I would have thought as a staff member you would know about it. Even the THOUGHT of moving threads to the NO TOS zone because of what he feels as questionable content stinks of censur. There are clear guidelines on that and I don't believe they have been broken by Mr. Bedard. Is he suggesting that some of those guidelines be rewritten?

I know you currently send out PMs to people. I was under the impression that he would do this personally. If it is just the staff that sends out PMs, how does that change the status quo?

I think 3/4s of the campaigns have done a great job of NOT attacking the other campaigns on anything other than the issues. For the most part.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We don't need more rules, which Playa is proposing. The mods need much better direction and leadership in being fair and consistent with the present ones.

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I love girlscout fights!
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was not involved with your avatar issue as far as staff go so Im not privy to the exact incident you are referring to for that I apologize personally.
    How could you not remember the infamous avatar incident? Remember....cher did not like my avatar that was created by Mad Bomber. He thought it was offensive and there was a whole controversy over it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My avatar issue was brought up by a couple of people in general. I would have thought as a staff member you would know about it. Even the THOUGHT of moving threads to the NO TOS zone because of what he feels as questionable content stinks of censur. There are clear guidelines on that and I don't believe they have been broken by Mr. Bedard. Is he suggesting that some of those guidelines be rewritten?

I know you currently send out PMs to people. I was under the impression that he would do this personally. If it is just the staff that sends out PMs, how does that change the status quo?

I think 3/4s of the campaigns have done a great job of NOT attacking the other campaigns on anything other than the issues. For the most part.
    As you may or may not know I was sick for a while and been very busy working on the Scouting Zone and draft guide so Im sorry for not seeing it and I again personally apologize for missing it.

He never said he thought they has questionable content, he said he could see how a young child, parent, or mother might be offended, seeing as how he is none of those things....He is simply suggesting that if it were to become an issue that steps would need to be taken in that regard and that moving the posts is simply one option. He's not saying to do it now, he's saying to do it if an issue arises with the threads from another poster.

He is certainly welcome to do it personally if he so chooses, I think the exact role the President elect will play is a very undefined one that both sides (President Elect and Staff) will have to come together with their own ideas to see what duties will be handled and who by. Also so a more clear role can by laid out and realistic expectations set.

I agree most campaigns have done a good job, and I wish to see that continue, however in recent days attacks have drastically increased and I hope that does not become a trend.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    How could you not remember the infamous avatar incident? Remember....cher did not like my avatar that was created by Mad Bomber. He thought it was offensive and there was a whole controversy over it.
    No Im reading the old thread now so that I can familirize myself with it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    How can anyone forget?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billsfanone
    We don't need more rules, which Playa is proposing. The mods need much better direction and leadership in being fair and consistent with the present ones.
    They're too afraid of making me their overlord, Matthew.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thank you Draftboy for addressing my concerns. While I may not agree with the entire content of your answers, I agree with the hope that the intensity of attacks doesn't increase.

Good luck.