• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: From the Desk of the Playa/NBF 08 Chief of Staff;

Originally posted by DraftBoy
    That's incorrect because of your personal stance to not take on the moderating aspect of the job (a decision we respect) you did not fully answer that aspect of the question. However every other aspect was fully answered and we appreciate your honesty in that regard.

You spoke of probationary periods for new posters and how we should be able to conduct ourselves as posters and adults.

Also Gunz will your campaign be entering into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" with us?
    I discussed the moderation part in there - including not moving/threads unless there was a complaint, and it wouldn't be an individual decision but a consensus of all mods. I just started off by saying I had no interest in personal power.

I have had a no negative campaign going from the get go, so I don't feel I need a pledge.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
      Im not attacking anyone personally. As I said, I like all of you. But I truly feel like your whole bit is old, I have two MODs telling me that all of a sudden a change is coming... You have leader who has had an online persona he has completely left behind. Its just BS and while you have everyone else fooled Im sticking to my guns.

So No.
      While Im deeply disappointed in your decision and the negative ramifications it has already had and will continue to have on your campaign. I can do nothing but respect your stance to stand on your laurels. I wish you the best of luck the rest of the way and if you have any other questions, Ill be happy to answer them via PM or just post them on the board and Ill respond. Good Luck!
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Im sorry your feel that way but many voters disagree with you in that regard. We have heard from many voters that like our views and new ideas. I encourage you to stick around and keep an eye on our campaign?

Will you be taking the pledge with us or no?
        I said no already.

Just because you keep saying you are different doesn't mean you are.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
          I have had a no negative campaign going from the get go, so I don't feel I need a pledge.
          Again Im disappointed in your decision and the ramifications it will have, if you've made no effort from the get go (like our own campaign) then where is the harm in taking the pledge? However I can only also respect your decision and wish you the best of luck!
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            I said no already.

Just because you keep saying you are different doesn't mean you are.
            Im sorry you feel that way but I dont think your opinion is in the majority. I also am saddened by your decision to not take the pledge but I understand that each campaign must make their own decisions and wish you the best of luck the rest of the way!
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Im sorry you feel that way but I dont think your opinion is in the majority. I also am saddened by your decision to not take the pledge but I understand that each campaign must make their own decisions and wish you the best of luck the rest of the way!
              What a load.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Again Im disappointed in your decision and the ramifications it will have, if you've made no effort from the get go (like our own campaign) then where is the harm in taking the pledge? However I can only also respect your decision and wish you the best of luck!
                Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond. I just don't think I should be left defenseless if the attacks escalate and get extreme. If it is like a plege in the real world, it will be broken before I finish my Dr. Pepper.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond. I just don't think I should be left defenseless if the attacks escalate and get extreme. If it is like a plege in the real world, it will be broken before I finish my Dr. Pepper.
                  Like I said that is a decision for each individual campaign to make, and like your campaign we have been attacked by various camps and have also yet to resort to the same tactics. We hold ourselves to a very high standard because its what we feel like the Zone needs in a leader and we want to set that example. Good luck wading through the attacks on your campaign.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    What a load.
                    Sorry you disagree with our campaign stances and good luck in the primary!
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

I can't believe what I am reading! LA Playa is the candidate for morality? He wants to move MBBs BOB threads to the No TOS Zone, but never chimed in when I was lambasted and criticized by many in the zone when I had an objection to an avatar that I found offensive. I had nor have any problem with MBB's BOB threads because I have seen no offensive material in them. Moreover, I have put the avatar problem behind me as the staff have spoken so to speak and found it unobjectionable. Many of that staff are now on Mr. Playa's staff, and now he wants to censure the zone even more? Is this what the Zone really wants? I can only guess that they do with them voting for him.

I also wonder how much a man who says he will personally PM individually EVERY person who seems to start trouble in the zone. I think that is not only a monumental task, I think Santa Clause would find it difficult to find the time to do that.

I also take umbrage with your stance that your campaign is the only one to not throw mud at the other campaigns. Pointing out obvious changes in your candidate's stance does not mean you are being attacked. I would also like to see obvious mudslinging from all the other candidates.

Comment

• R. Rich
                        • Apr 2003

Why should I? I have been attacked by various camps, and have yet to respond.
                        That will change.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                          • Jul 2002

Like I said that is a decision for each individual campaign to make, and like your campaign we have been attacked by various camps and have also yet to resort to the same tactics. We hold ourselves to a very high standard because its what we feel like the Zone needs in a leader and we want to set that example. Good luck wading through the attacks on your campaign.
                          Same to you.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

That's incorrect because of your personal stance to not take on the moderating aspect of the job (a decision we respect) you did not fully answer that aspect of the question. However every other aspect was fully answered and we appreciate your honesty in that regard.

You spoke of probationary periods for new posters and how we should be able to conduct ourselves as posters and adults.

Also Gunz will your campaign be entering into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" with us?
                            How did he not fully answer the aspect of the moderating question. It regarded HOW it should be moderated, not he was going to moderate the zone.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

That Santa Claus comment was funny!
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                                I can't believe what I am reading! LA Playa is the candidate for morality? He wants to move MBBs BOB threads to the No TOS Zone, but never chimed in when I was lambasted and criticized by many in the zone when I had an objection to an avatar that I found offensive. I had nor have any problem with MBB's BOB threads because I have seen no offensive material in them. Moreover, I have put the avatar problem behind me as the staff have spoken so to speak and found it unobjectionable. Many of that staff are now on Mr. Playa's staff, and now he wants to censure the zone even more? Is this what the Zone really wants? I can only guess that they do with them voting for him.

I also wonder how much a man who says he will personally PM individually EVERY person who seems to start trouble in the zone. I think that is not only a monumental task, I think Santa Clause would find it difficult to find the time to do that.

I also take umbrage with your stance that your campaign is the only one to not throw mud at the other campaigns. Pointing out obvious changes in your candidate's stance does not mean you are being attacked. I would also like to see obvious mudslinging from all the other candidates.
                                Cher as I said already once and I can quote it is that Playa never said he had any issue with the BoB threads. Not once, he simply pointed out that this being a family website he could see how young children, women, or parents may take issue with that and if it became a problem then a move may be necessary. I was not involved with your avatar issue as far as staff go so Im not privy to the exact incident you are referring to for that I apologize personally.

Also currently we as staff send out numerous PM's especially when posts are reported so Im not how this isnt feasible at all?

I never once said pointing out change of stance on issues was considered mud slinging. I said we've seen it and victim of it. If you need proof read many of the threads around. We are choose to simply not engage in it.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X