Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: From the Desk of the Playa/NBF 08 Chief of Staff;

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

From the Desk of the Playa/NBF 08 Chief of Staff;

For too long now we have sat by and allowed our opponents to take pot shots at our team about changing our views on issues. First off let me just say that this campaign will not be engaging in 3rd grade politicking by trying to drag our opponent through the mud on any issue. We respect each and every one of our opponents and their views whether we agree or disagree with them. We are just sorry that our opponents have choosen to go with negative campaign tactics to try and tarnish us. But that is a decision each individual campaign must make for themselves.

On the issues;
    When the campaign first began it was not thought of as a serious effort since it was only happening in the TZ. Once the BZ staff got behind (Devin, and Shelby namely) L.A. Playa and his staff conferred and decided that maybe we didnt have all the answers about what the voters wanted. So we took to asking members what they wanted to see and what changes they thought would be best. This was advantageous to our campaign do to our deep rooted history in the inner workings of the site, having NBF as the VP, and Devin helping with the campaign. Also have original members like myself. We also touched all sectors as Devin is a usual BZ poster, I post a lot in the Scouting Zone, and Playa and Mad Bomber post a lot in the TZ, while NBF not only monitors but chimes in on all the boards. We are also the best equipped to not only know but to know what has and has not worked as far as it goes to moderating this board. We have both Mods and Admins chiming in and have shared those ideas with the candidate. So while Pussy and Beer for all in 08 would be a fantastic idea it is not feasible and Playa has admitted this. He also has never once said he was offended by Bang or Bucks, however he did say that some women and families who have younger children may in fact be offended by those images, considering we are after all a family site, much to the dismay of some. We know from real life that as campaigns grow and go through the election process they must maintain the ability to expand and take on new issues and accept new ideas. We choose not to close our mind to any ideas and know that this board is filled with hundreds of brilliant minds who we would love to hear from as much as possible and we welcome their comments, complaints, and advice!

On the debate...
    The Playa campaign is the only campaign to fully answer the debate question. We provided not just ideas to improve the BZ, but also moderation policies, and went above and beyond to talk about the TZ and sub forums. We also spoke about the technical side of the site and encouraged taking even further advantage of some of the vbulletin features that are currently being offered that we could potentially implement.

On the voters...
    We appreciate every vote in this primary. Not just our own votes but every person who choose to vote. You guys are the reason we are doing this, and we thank you all for caring enough to come out and show your support and take part in the democratic process. We encourage you to tune in for the second debate as well as the next primary and the general election. We thank you for your time and your effort and please continue to make the effort!

On the opponents...
    We wish you all the very best of luck, while we may not all agree on the issues, we are confident we all wish to have Billszone.com become one of the best sites on the internet. Whether thats for Bills news, Draft news, FA news, Football news, Political news, or just having a place to come and hang out at. We appreciate the hard work of you and your campaign staff and look forward to the next debate and primary as we continue on this process to create a new era in Zone History.

Thank you all and good luck!
    Playa/NBF 08 Staff
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: From the Desk of the Playa/NBF 08 Chief of Staff;

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No love for the Supervisor or the press?

Rock the Chief!

Chief
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I appreciate you addressing the issues Draftboy. I have no issues with anyone in your campaign but I have issues with your issues.

Your campaign is soft, boring, and offers the same BS an actual campaign offers. While you have some heavy hitters on your side, I wont stand by and let you guys appear once every two days make a PC statement and disappear. I have zero fear about losing this election I will continue to speak my mind and I encourage my team to do the same.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    No love for the Supervisor or the press?

Rock the Chief!

Chief
    We are simply responding to recent developments and talking points to our campaign we appreciate everything you do and have said so to you in fact. We support the PC Times and if you ever need a comment from our campaign my PM box is always open to you and I promise an expedient reply!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was just kidding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    I appreciate you addressing the issues Draftboy. I have no issues with anyone in your campaign but I have issues with your issues.

Your campaign is soft, boring, and offers the same BS an actual campaign offers. While you have some heavy hitters on your side, I wont stand by and let you guys appear once every two days make a PC statement and disappear. I have zero fear about losing this election I will continue to speak my mind and I encourage my team to do the same.
    If your concern is simply that we offer the same BS then I really encourage you to re-read the debate thread. We have fresh ideas and plenty more where those came from, I promise you that. We neither appear once every two days or disappear. We are watching every comment and read everything. Because we choose not to engage in lower level fights doesnt mean we aren't here. We are preparing to be the example that we hope the rest of the campaigns will follow.

Will you and the other remaining campaign enter into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" the rest of the way?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    I was just kidding.
    Im not however my PM box is always open for questions from the press. Consider it an open door policy for yourself.

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I concur. Being surronded by mods and admins is hardly a mandate for change. It's more of the same old BS.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake Enyart
    I concur. Being surronded by mods and admins is hardly a mandate for change. It's more of the same old BS.
    While I appreciate your concern, your premise is wrong, we are not all cookie cutters and we can all attest to times when we wish more or less was done in certain circumstances and we all wish to see certain things change that we think would be advantageous to the site. Im sorry you have no chosen to engage on this issue as of yet, but I think if you did, you would see that not only are we not cookie cutters but rather have very innovative ideas for change. However we do appreciate your concern and allowing for us to be able to answer your question.

Will you be entering with us in a "No Negative Campaign Pledge"?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Also, I answered each debate question point by point, so don't be claiming you were the only one.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No.

I have yet to hear an idea from any opponent that I thought was unique. IT's the same old pulabber.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    Also, I answered each debate question point by point, so don't be claiming you were the only one.
    That's incorrect because of your personal stance to not take on the moderating aspect of the job (a decision we respect) you did not fully answer that aspect of the question. However every other aspect was fully answered and we appreciate your honesty in that regard.

You spoke of probationary periods for new posters and how we should be able to conduct ourselves as posters and adults.

Also Gunz will your campaign be entering into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" with us?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No.

I have yet to hear an idea from any opponent that I thought was unique. IT's the same old pulabber.
    Im sorry your feel that way but many voters disagree with you in that regard. We have heard from many voters that like our views and new ideas. I encourage you to stick around and keep an eye on our campaign?

Will you be taking the pledge with us or no?

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy

Will you and the other remaining campaign enter into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" the rest of the way?
    Im not attacking anyone personally. As I said, I like all of you. But I truly feel like your whole bit is old, I have two MODs telling me that all of a sudden a change is coming... You have leader who has had an online persona he has completely left behind. Its just BS and while you have everyone else fooled Im sticking to my guns.

So No.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's incorrect because of your personal stance to not take on the moderating aspect of the job (a decision we respect) you did not fully answer that aspect of the question. However every other aspect was fully answered and we appreciate your honesty in that regard.

You spoke of probationary periods for new posters and how we should be able to conduct ourselves as posters and adults.

Also Gunz will your campaign be entering into a "No Negative Campaign Pledge" with us?
    I discussed the moderation part in there - including not moving/threads unless there was a complaint, and it wouldn't be an individual decision but a consensus of all mods. I just started off by saying I had no interest in personal power.

I have had a no negative campaign going from the get go, so I don't feel I need a pledge.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Im not attacking anyone personally. As I said, I like all of you. But I truly feel like your whole bit is old, I have two MODs telling me that all of a sudden a change is coming... You have leader who has had an online persona he has completely left behind. Its just BS and while you have everyone else fooled Im sticking to my guns.

So No.
    While Im deeply disappointed in your decision and the negative ramifications it has already had and will continue to have on your campaign. I can do nothing but respect your stance to stand on your laurels. I wish you the best of luck the rest of the way and if you have any other questions, Ill be happy to answer them via PM or just post them on the board and Ill respond. Good Luck!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Im sorry your feel that way but many voters disagree with you in that regard. We have heard from many voters that like our views and new ideas. I encourage you to stick around and keep an eye on our campaign?

Will you be taking the pledge with us or no?
    I said no already.

Just because you keep saying you are different doesn't mean you are.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    I have had a no negative campaign going from the get go, so I don't feel I need a pledge.
    Again Im disappointed in your decision and the ramifications it will have, if you've made no effort from the get go (like our own campaign) then where is the harm in taking the pledge? However I can only also respect your decision and wish you the best of luck!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I said no already.

Just because you keep saying you are different doesn't mean you are.
    Im sorry you feel that way but I dont think your opinion is in the majority. I also am saddened by your decision to not take the pledge but I understand that each campaign must make their own decisions and wish you the best of luck the rest of the way!