Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBB's cult of personality

Thanks
    Thanked 26,299 Times in 13,729 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

MBB's cult of personality

I've stayed out of this election so far, but I just started reading some of the threads so I'm going to post a few comments.

If you look at MBB's initial post in the debate, his responses are humorous and fun to read. No doubt MBB has a lot of personality and has almost singlehandedly kept the TZ going over the last year or so. But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it. His ideas aren't very practical, but he's covering that with entertainment value. If he's going to earn my vote, he needs more BZ experience before I'll take him seriously.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: MBB's cult of personality

I dont want to run anything Op. Thats not really my deal.

The BZ just needs some tweaking... I think my personality could help calm things down over there. Keep the spamming and flaming to a minimum and keep discussions productive. I think the staff now does a great job I just want to help keep things on track.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    I've stayed out of this election so far, but I just started reading some of the threads so I'm going to post a few comments.

If you look at MBB's initial post in the debate, his responses are humorous and fun to read. No doubt MBB has a lot of personality and has almost singlehandedly kept the TZ going over the last year or so. But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it. His ideas aren't very practical, but he's covering that with entertainment value. If he's going to earn my vote, he needs more BZ experience before I'll take him seriously.
    Are you going to post comments on the other candidates? Or are you just telling MBB what he could do to make you feel more comfortable for voting for him?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,299 Times in 13,729 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    Are you going to post comments on the other candidates? Or are you just telling MBB what he could do to make you feel more comfortable for voting for him?
    In time- I was reading the threads and that jumped out at me. I will comment on all the candidates once I have an opportunity to ponder their stances a little more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bedard is the right choice for the Zone.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it. His ideas aren't very practical, but he's covering that with entertainment value. If he's going to earn my vote, he needs more BZ experience before I'll take him seriously.
    I also backed TE before it was cool to do so!

Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls Bill Brasky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But he's almost a no-show in the main forum, so I'm not sure he has the experience to run it.
    this is why we have put together a solid cabinet... though MBB spends most of his time in the TZ, other members of his party such as myself spend more time in other forums.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In time- I was reading the threads and that jumped out at me. I will comment on all the candidates once I have an opportunity to ponder their stances a little more.
    Thank you. The Gunz ticket would appreciate any views that could help us better our campaign.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I also would like to point out what a train wreck the main forum can be and how Gunz feels he is the candidate that can help bring that back to its former glory.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, really, which ticket isn't headed by a candidate that does most of their damage outside of the main forum?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with what Freeman says, and if you look at the other candidates, you'll see the same. I can't even remember the last time I ever saw LA Playa post in the BZ... and Gunz doesn't post there much at all either. Freeman posts their frequently from our group, and I'm there semi-frequently as well. I read a lot more than I post in the particular section however.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    I agree with what Freeman says, and if you look at the other candidates, you'll see the same. I can't even remember the last time I ever saw LA Playa post in the BZ... and Gunz doesn't post there much at all either. Freeman posts their frequently from our group, and I'm there semi-frequently as well. I read a lot more than I post in the particular section however.
    Dr.Lecter supports our ticket and he posts there often.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dr.Lecter supports our ticket and he posts there often.
    Supporters may post there, but the main candidates are all lacking in presence in the main forum.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    Supporters may post there, but the main candidates are all lacking in presence in the main forum.
    When Gunz is president, that will change.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Freeman is constantly out of town and is not somebody Id consider a regular poster there. You would be the most regular poster and by your own admission you're only semi-regular.

As for the Playa team you have myself who runs the Scouting Zone and prepares the Draft Guide every season for the BZ, Devin who is a regular BZ poster along with a legend in the TZ, and an insult contest winner, and Zoner of the Year award recipient. You have NBF who is an admin who monitors every forum constantly and is also King Drumk, Mad is the master photoshop artist who is responsible for the Drunk Mikey avatar craze earlier this year, and Playa himself is a constant TZ poster. Our team has the best variety of posters of any team and we provide the most expertise and knowledge of what the problems are of all the boards and how best to address them. We touch all bases not just one or two.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Freeman is constantly out of town and is not somebody Id consider a regular poster there. You would be the most regular poster and by your own admission you're only semi-regular.

As for the Playa team you have myself who runs the Scouting Zone and prepares the Draft Guide every season for the BZ, Devin who is a regular BZ poster along with a legend in the TZ, and an insult contest winner, and Zoner of the Year award recipient. You have NBF who is an admin who monitors every forum constantly and is also King Drumk, Mad is the master photoshop artist who is responsible for the Drunk Mikey avatar craze earlier this year, and Playa himself is a constant TZ poster. Our team has the best variety of posters of any team and we provide the most expertise and knowledge of what the problems are of all the boards and how best to address them. We touch all bases not just one or two.
    Rockstar and I post more in the Sabres Zone in a day than any of you do... EVER. We're also frequent in the Sports Zone, oh and I do Fat Tony duties as well (others help there). Clearly Bedard owns the TZ currently... we can go all day with this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rockstar and I post more in the Sabres Zone in a day than any of you do... EVER. We're also frequent in the Sports Zone, oh and I do Fat Tony duties as well (others help there). Clearly Bedard owns the TZ currently... we can go all day with this.
    And when those board ante up to anywhere near the viewership of the BZ, then I think that become a relevant point, however the BZ is the golden egg that every candidate needs to consider and in reality you guys have nobody who really posts there. I also dont agree at all with your notion that "Bedard owns the TZ" he posts the game but I dont think he is near the top posters in there daily. Sparking discussion is one thing, casting votes is another, but thats far from owning a forum. Id argue that Dude has more ownership over the TZ then Bedard does, simply because he actually has a hand in running that forum. And yes I know should Bedard win he will have more of a hand in running the forum, but that does not detract from your point or my own. This is the Billszone first and foremost and I dont see anybody on your staff who Id say is so integrated in the BZ that they have a great grasp of who the best posters are there, the worst, the most heralded and the most unheralded. You are right we can go back and forth about this all day, however my main concern is the BZ, not the TZ. Call me crazy though I guess...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When Gunz is president, that will change.
    Sounds like an empty campaign promise just dying to go un-fulfilled.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    And when those board ante up to anywhere near the viewership of the BZ, then I think that become a relevant point, however the BZ is the golden egg that every candidate needs to consider and in reality you guys have nobody who really posts there. I also dont agree at all with your notion that "Bedard owns the TZ" he posts the game but I dont think he is near the top posters in there daily. Sparking discussion is one thing, casting votes is another, but thats far from owning a forum. Id argue that Dude has more ownership over the TZ then Bedard does, simply because he actually has a hand in running that forum. And yes I know should Bedard win he will have more of a hand in running the forum, but that does not detract from your point or my own. This is the Billszone first and foremost and I dont see anybody on your staff who Id say is so integrated in the BZ that they have a great grasp of who the best posters are there, the worst, the most heralded and the most unheralded. You are right we can go back and forth about this all day, however my main concern is the BZ, not the TZ. Call me crazy though I guess...
    All your team has done is toot your own horn about what you're already doing around here... so what the hell is the point of this contest then??? You guys sure make it sound like you already have it under control.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All your team has done is toot your own horn about what you're already doing around here... so what the hell is the point of this contest then??? You guys sure make it sound like you already have it under control.
    Plenty is to be done, if you guys can't see that Im sorry. All Im doing is simply pointing out why we are the best team because we cover all the zones and have the most indepth knowledge of the whats wrong where and how to fix it. We know the issues in and out and we have the best ideas on how to correct those. Do I wish there was no issues, or that some were already corrected? Of course however this isnt a perfect world. I wish you guys the best though in tomorrows debate!