Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VOTER REGISTRATION?

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: VOTER REGISTRATION?

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Question to the MBB camp, since you're the main ones *****ing about having to register before voting.

It takes 5 seconds, literally, to shoot a PM saying "I, (handle), wish to vote in the zone elections in the second primary."

What is your big issue/concern with this?
    I'm not concerned with doing it myself, as you can see, I was one of the first to do so. The problem is that there have already been arguments about how much we push this whole election on the rest of the board and what not. Now we're being asked to send out even more PMs than have already been flying around to get people to sign up so then can vote in this thing. The whole contest started out to be something fun and now I feel like you're making people that want to vote put in more work than is necessary to enjoy this.

All this because 2 people couldn't control themselves and had to vote under aliases as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not concerned with doing it myself, as you can see, I was one of the first to do so. The problem is that there have already been arguments about how much we push this whole election on the rest of the board and what not. Now we're being asked to send out even more PMs than have already been flying around to get people to sign up so then can vote in this thing. The whole contest started out to be something fun and now I feel like you're making people that want to vote put in more work than is necessary to enjoy this.

All this because 2 people couldn't control themselves and had to vote under aliases as well.
    All it takes is one bad apple to ruin a bunch.

It comes across as whiny to be honest, like your camp thinks most of it's voters don't care that much or couldn't be bothered with "rules." Which if that's the case, they shouldn't be voting anyways.

The registration process in my opinion is a good thing, only people who actually care about the zone will vote. Which means the right person in the end will win. If you don't register than you obviously don't really care about which direction this board will head in anyways.

I can respect Gunz' viewpoint on this that he's waiting for the official ruling from the person handling the election process. And the Playa camp has welcomed this new rule with open arms.

But to come out and straight out ***** against a rule change lays a bad precedent. Does this mean, if MBB is to be elected as Pres., that anytime something new is introduced he's gonna ***** and lobby to have it not take place? Even it's for the bettermint of things, such as this one.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Question to the MBB camp, since you're the main ones *****ing about having to register before voting.

It takes 5 seconds, literally, to shoot a PM saying "I, (handle), wish to vote in the zone elections in the second primary."

What is your big issue/concern with this?
    On top of keeping this forum interesting, making videos, answering PM's, talking to the staff, replying to debates and reminding people to vote... its gets to a be a bit much.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

From what I understand, shelby had to check virtually EVERY vote against other IP addresses because there were many from posters that weren't "known" posters. That made a whole lot more work for her that she didn't want to deal with. At least that is how I understood it. If it makes the process run more smoothly, I see nothing wrong with it. As long as this IS happening. Either way, I don't care. It's not like they are going to ask for a credit card number, is it?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    From what I understand, shelby had to check virtually EVERY vote against other IP addresses because there were many from posters that weren't "known" posters. That made a whole lot more work for her that she didn't want to deal with. At least that is how I understood it. If it makes the process run more smoothly, I see nothing wrong with it. As long as this IS happening. Either way, I don't care. It's not like they are going to ask for a credit card number, is it?
    There were about 5 names I didn't recognize that voted... if that, of those, 2 were aliases, one of which EVERYBODY knew about, the other wasn't hard since the names quite similar.

If this truly Shelby's wishing and her idea, I'm a little more ok with it, but I don't think that's the case either.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There were about 5 names I didn't recognize that voted... if that, of those, 2 were aliases, one of which EVERYBODY knew about, the other wasn't hard since the names quite similar.

If this truly Shelby's wishing and her idea, I'm a little more ok with it, but I don't think that's the case either.
    I know, and sure it is a little more of an imposition, but I don't have a big problem with it.

Even if it wasn't shelby's idea, if it helps shelby, I am OK with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    On top of keeping this forum interesting, making videos, answering PM's, talking to the staff, replying to debates and reminding people to vote... its gets to a be a bit much.
    Well if everyone is taking this president thing so seriously. ie. using the position to make the zone a better place and whatnot. We already know that the President is gonna have mod powers and access to mod forums, etc...which means more things to do in general.

Why are you running for the Zone president?

Seeing you just said it gets to be a bit much.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

my god i never thought voter registration was going to be such a big deal. is this like the zone's version of giving illegal immigrants a driver's license? maybe its just the admins way of being big brother and red flagging cyber terrorists?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,569 Times in 17,451 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm OK with the registration deal, but I have to admit I'm getting pretty disgruntled with all of the candidates and their staffs.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i concur. i liked it better when it was just the candidates. now i gotta hear blah blah from this camp and such. it reminds me of that gay zone mafia that was going on for like 2 weeks

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why are you running for the Zone president?

Seeing you just said it gets to be a bit much.
    Apples and Oranges. I dont have to spend time in photoshop or movie maker when Im not running for pres.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,466 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dont beat around the bush BMN, you've been blunt and to the point the whole way if you want to throw around accusations then by all means, dont be bashful.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,466 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    Apples and Oranges. I dont have to spend time in photoshop or movie maker when Im not running for pres.
    Yea there are only countless other hours you must spend going over every thread to ensure violations are not occurring and that fights aren't breaking out. If you think this is time consuming Im not sure you quite know what you are running for.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

See my post in the other thread.

Never in my life have i heard so much *****ing over a GAME.

Keep sucking the joy out of it people, after the next debate i'll be giving out Midol to all who need it....

This is simply rediculous.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    See my post in the other thread.

Never in my life have i heard so much *****ing over a GAME.

Keep sucking the joy out of it people, after the next debate i'll be giving out Midol to all who need it....

This is simply rediculous.
    The line between game and competition got crossed when the mod part went on the line and you guys made this all official... But whatever, everybody is *****ing about everything now, so I'm just going to shut up and let this run it's course.

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Putting my Admin hat on for a second, the need for registration was tossed around to curb people voting for candidates more than once. It was thrown out as an idea. It was quickly tossed back in our faces.

The people have spoken and the staff decided to drop registration. There was no out and out voter fraud going on, the staff just wanted to make sure there was less work for the official vote counter.

Now let's get back to the campaign trail and have some fun with this.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The line between game and competition got crossed when the mod part went on the line and you guys made this all official... But whatever, everybody is *****ing about everything now, so I'm just going to shut up and let this run it's course.
    I concur, it became serious with when the mod portion of the price was thrown in.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by northernbillfan
    Putting my Admin hat on for a second, the need for registration was tossed around to curb people voting for candidates more than once. It was thrown out as an idea. It was quickly tossed back in our faces.

The people have spoken and the staff decided to drop registration. There was no out and out voter fraud going on, the staff just wanted to make sure there was less work for the official vote counter.

Now let's get back to the campaign trail and have some fun with this.

Thank you, and Shelby, and Eb for listening on this one. It's appreciated.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Personally I don't see the big deal. If you're serious about the election it shouldn't bother you. I feel it's a good measure to counter the fraud that occurred in the last primary.

Quit whining about it. You're losing my vote here Bedard...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BAM
    Personally I don't see the big deal. If you're serious about the election it shouldn't bother you. I feel it's a good measure to counter the fraud that occurred in the last primary.

Quit whining about it. You're losing my vote here Bedard...
    It no longer matters, they've cancelled the registration.