• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: VOTER REGISTRATION?

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Why are you running for the Zone president?

Seeing you just said it gets to be a bit much.
    Apples and Oranges. I dont have to spend time in photoshop or movie maker when Im not running for pres.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
      There were about 5 names I didn't recognize that voted... if that, of those, 2 were aliases, one of which EVERYBODY knew about, the other wasn't hard since the names quite similar.

If this truly Shelby's wishing and her idea, I'm a little more ok with it, but I don't think that's the case either.
      Dont beat around the bush BMN, you've been blunt and to the point the whole way if you want to throw around accusations then by all means, dont be bashful.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
        Apples and Oranges. I dont have to spend time in photoshop or movie maker when Im not running for pres.
        Yea there are only countless other hours you must spend going over every thread to ensure violations are not occurring and that fights aren't breaking out. If you think this is time consuming Im not sure you quite know what you are running for.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla admin
          • Jul 2002

See my post in the other thread.

Never in my life have i heard so much *****ing over a GAME.

Keep sucking the joy out of it people, after the next debate i'll be giving out Midol to all who need it....

This is simply rediculous.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Originally posted by shelby
            See my post in the other thread.

Never in my life have i heard so much *****ing over a GAME.

Keep sucking the joy out of it people, after the next debate i'll be giving out Midol to all who need it....

This is simply rediculous.
            The line between game and competition got crossed when the mod part went on the line and you guys made this all official... But whatever, everybody is *****ing about everything now, so I'm just going to shut up and let this run it's course.

Comment

• northernbillfan
              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Putting my Admin hat on for a second, the need for registration was tossed around to curb people voting for candidates more than once. It was thrown out as an idea. It was quickly tossed back in our faces.

The people have spoken and the staff decided to drop registration. There was no out and out voter fraud going on, the staff just wanted to make sure there was less work for the official vote counter.

Now let's get back to the campaign trail and have some fun with this.
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                The line between game and competition got crossed when the mod part went on the line and you guys made this all official... But whatever, everybody is *****ing about everything now, so I'm just going to shut up and let this run it's course.
                I concur, it became serious with when the mod portion of the price was thrown in.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                  Putting my Admin hat on for a second, the need for registration was tossed around to curb people voting for candidates more than once. It was thrown out as an idea. It was quickly tossed back in our faces.

The people have spoken and the staff decided to drop registration. There was no out and out voter fraud going on, the staff just wanted to make sure there was less work for the official vote counter.

Now let's get back to the campaign trail and have some fun with this.

Thank you, and Shelby, and Eb for listening on this one. It's appreciated.

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

Personally I don't see the big deal. If you're serious about the election it shouldn't bother you. I feel it's a good measure to counter the fraud that occurred in the last primary.

Quit whining about it. You're losing my vote here Bedard...

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by BAM
                      Personally I don't see the big deal. If you're serious about the election it shouldn't bother you. I feel it's a good measure to counter the fraud that occurred in the last primary.

Quit whining about it. You're losing my vote here Bedard...
                      It no longer matters, they've cancelled the registration.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Guess your team has whined it's way into winning a policy decision. Good job.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• jamze132
                          • Jun 2003

I registered to vote and it only took 2.3 seconds of my life... It took longer to write this post about my registration experience.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

And here I thought we got rid of the Thurm from the election process.

I guess this here is proof positive that whining does pay off here at the Zone.

Corey, if you're reading this, I stand corrected. Whine away brother!

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                              Guess your team has whined it's way into winning a policy decision. Good job.

No kidding. Not a good showing by the Bedard campaign with this thread...

Comment

• The King
                                Without me it's just Awe so
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BAM
                                No kidding. Not a good showing by the Bedard campaign with this thread...
                                The whole thing got way out of hand. See my first post... Its was a knock on myself. Not to say I didnt think it was a bit much. But for sure this thread got way outta hand.
                                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                                It was all
                                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                                X