Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VOTER REGISTRATION?

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

VOTER REGISTRATION?

Can someone please give me one example as to why Julie shouldn't leave me after I explain to her she needs to "Register to Vote" So her boyfriend can win a Presidential election on a Message Board?

The Zone Election has jumped the shark.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: VOTER REGISTRATION?

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    Can someone please give me one example as to why Julie shouldn't leave me after I explain to her she needs to "Register to Vote" So her boyfriend can win a Presidential election on a Message Board?

I agree... To further have to annoy everybody on this board to now have to register to vote is just too much. I'm sure half this place is already feeling like this contest has become a spam fest. So what's worse, posting some threads outside of the this forum that people have the choice to look at, or having to send out PMs to everybody to let them know they now have to register?

But I guess, you know, if you already think we're cheating and all, drastic measures have to be taken

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Did voter fraud exist or not last primary?

Do we want to see it happen again? This is a simple solution to a problem that has occured before and allows the staff not involved in campaigns to be able to easily monitor election results throughout the day and know when somebody who is not registered is attempting to vote.

I would hope that taking the 15 seconds it takes to read the post and the 5 seconds there after to send a PM to Eb saying register to me, isnt a huge inconvenience to anyone.

However that being said if you dont like the decision I guess that the person to contact would be Shelby though I am not aware of if she'll be on today given it being Easter.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Did voter fraud exist or not last primary?

Do we want to see it happen again? This is a simple solution to a problem that has occured before and allows the staff not involved in campaigns to be able to easily monitor election results throughout the day and know when somebody who is not registered is attempting to vote.

I would hope that taking the 15 seconds it takes to read the post and the 5 seconds there after to send a PM to Eb saying register to me, isnt a huge inconvenience to anyone.

However that being said if you dont like the decision I guess that the person to contact would be Shelby though I am not aware of if she'll be on today given it being Easter.
    Simple decision to spam everybody remotely interested in this because two people couldn't control themselves and had to use an alias? I think taking the two seconds to remove a vote that's obviously bogus is a lot more simple than sending out lots of PMs bugging people to register and then forcing them to send out a PM to Eb, and another PM back to them... Or is this just because your camp still thinks we cheated because they couldn't do enough research to realize otherwise?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    Simple decision to spam everybody remotely interested in this because two people couldn't control themselves and had to use an alias? I think taking the two seconds to remove a vote that's obviously bogus is a lot more simple than sending out lots of PMs bugging people to register and then forcing them to send out a PM to Eb, and another PM back to them... Or is this just because your camp still thinks we cheated because they couldn't do enough research to realize otherwise?
    Who would you spam exactly? Send out a blast to your supporters saying hey your going to need to register to vote next time. There are a multitude of ways to go that and we will be adding this to the posts already stickied in the other forums so you have no need to spam other potential voters about this. This was not a decision by any one camp, this was a decision made by those who are in charge of monitoring this election, but feel free to throw about accusations at your own will. I wasn't aware of any accusations of you guys cheating.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Who would you spam exactly? Send out a blast to your supporters saying hey your going to need to register to vote next time. There are a multitude of ways to go that and we will be adding this to the posts already stickied in the other forums so you have no need to spam other potential voters about this. This was not a decision by any one camp, this was a decision made by those who are in charge of monitoring this election, but feel free to throw about accusations at your own will. I wasn't aware of any accusations of you guys cheating.
    Maybe you weren't, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didnt see anything posted here about it. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree MB, the fact that posters on a registration only website must further register to vote in a fake election screams of overkill. Combine that with the fact that Julie should leave you if you ask her to help you out shows the absurdity of the original request.

Is voter fraud that much of an issue that such drastic measures need to be taken and if it is who is at fault, the bulk of the voters who try to do the right thing or the staff who can’t manage a simple election process?

Should we not question the entire Zone Awards voting since none of us registered? Is (insert name) really Zoner of the Year, are (insert names) truly Zoner Couple of the Year, are anyone who they say they are. Last year I won Friendliest Zoner, is that something I will now have to delete from my resume because no one registered.

The process is flawed MB and you are right to fight it. That is the type of drive that will claim my registered vote in November.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just shut the election down

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think I'm gonna send a mass PM out to EVERYBODY

Twice a day

For the next four days

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Guys, this is more work for me than for you...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont know that its about workload Eb.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,894 Times in 4,354 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Then drop out.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    Then drop out.
    Why dont you make me.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't get the complaining behind this...it's not hard to shoot a PM saying you want to register to vote. Takes all of 5 seconds.

OH NOES!

Yet, people sit here and take more time to complain about the process.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will wait until I hear it from Shelby.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I registered. If anyone wants to urge me to vote for them....pm me.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,894 Times in 4,354 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why dont you make me.
    I don't make trash I burn it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Doodiehead.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Question to the MBB camp, since you're the main ones *****ing about having to register before voting.

It takes 5 seconds, literally, to shoot a PM saying "I, (handle), wish to vote in the zone elections in the second primary."

What is your big issue/concern with this?