• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Debate #2 Open Thread

Originally posted by MBBedard
    He is ambitious no doubt, and he has the best intentions.
    I think having a temporary MOD walking in and looking at the books is just a bit much. The zone has had a team in place that handles this sort of thing. I think having the new guy in off the street looking at the books is just a bit much.

As I have mentioned I truly think the Presidential Position is going to be highly monitored. I am fine with that I just want to get in the ring and throw around ideas with the Big Dogs.
    I think you're taking his answer the wrong way and if you look at the Zone staff as of now it makes sense to lend his expertise to a specific area. For instance I handle a lot of the draft things here at the BZ and have since I got here in one capacity or another. Clump and Eb have done the cap stuff from the beginning too. If Playa's expertise is in examining financial trends AND the admins dont have an issue with it then I see no reason as to why he shouldn't be allowed to do so. Just because I or Rockstar dont know jack about accounting or financials doesnt mean if another members to the team that was added they shouldn't take a crack at it if thats what they do in real life. Of course nobody is going to win this election and all the sudden demand to do this or that and I dont think Playa was suggesting that, he was simply throwing an idea out there as something he could do to chip in and maybe discover an untapped revenue stream.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

How about a lifetime membership?
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
        We already have forums for most of those things though where there are always debates going on... perhaps not in such an organized form. Didn't you already say that further subdividing things and pulling things out of one forum to another similar platform just dilutes the posting in the original forum?
        Nobody said anything about subdividing anything else. He simply mentions a topic a day debate, or a week or whatever. Let me ask you a question how often do you go into the Spin Zone to debate a topic at hand? Im not being a dick about this either, Im being serious.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

There should be a top donor list as well. I think if someone like Lt donated as much as he did his efforts should be better recognized. Maybe people wouldn't jump on his **** as much if they saw he donated X amount compared to everyone else.

D & S Sports

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

I'm not getting the logic here... It's not to price people out, it's to get more people to donate... by raising prices? I think you'll find the mass majority of donators currently are in the Silver range, with a handful of platinums thrown in. Other than multiple donors such as Lt, I see very few people use the gold option. $2.50/month seems very affordable to most for checking out a website. Go much beyond that and I think you lose a lot of your donors.
            So you are saying that if based on historical trends and actual amount of donors based on each level if there was one set price point of lets say $3.50 which was the median donation per doner per month, that would price you out of donating to the site in the future ?

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
              There should be a top donor list as well. I think if someone like Lt donated as much as he did his efforts should be better recognized. Maybe people wouldn't jump on his **** as much if they saw he donated X amount compared to everyone else.
              this is a great idea

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Nobody said anything about subdividing anything else. He simply mentions a topic a day debate, or a week or whatever. Let me ask you a question how often do you go into the Spin Zone to debate a topic at hand? Im not being a dick about this either, Im being serious.
                I never used to step foot in the Spin Zone... in the past 6 months, I'm in there a few times a day generally. I post a couple times a week, unless it's something that especially peaks my interest, then it's more.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I'm not going to comment on the candidates individual responses, but I must say the posts in this thread to this point are a commendable display of bi-partisanship and I applaud everyone's contributions.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I never used to step foot in the Spin Zone... in the past 6 months, I'm in there a few times a day generally. I post a couple times a week, unless it's something that especially peaks my interest, then it's more.
                    Ok and would you say thats because you're just not that interested in politics or more because of the personalities that traditionally post there?
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                      So you are saying that if based on historical trends and actual amount of donors based on each level if there was one set price point of lets say $3.50 which was the median donation per doner per month, that would price you out of donating to the site in the future ?
                      Potentially. Believe it or not, sometimes I really have to stop and think about $2.50 a month. I know it may not sound like much to you, and it's usually not for me either. However, I'm reaching a point in my life where expenses are about to skyrocket and I have to look at every means possible of saving extra cash. Donating here month in and month out adds up eventually.

Moreso, I think there is a certain group out there of people who will donate but only up to a point. There are those that donate simply because they know the site needs it. But those that donate for "content" purposes are probably only willing to spend a small amount of money on being able to view bonus parts of a website.

Just my opinion though man, I could certainly be off base on this.

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        This is a great idea! So good you should've given it to me before I made my response!!!
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

This is a great idea! So good you should've given it to me before I made my response!!!
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Ok and would you say thats because you're just not that interested in politics or more because of the personalities that traditionally post there?
                            A bit of both... but the personalities that trouble me the most in there are also donors... so that point becomes moot.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

I just thought of it. Actually, I've been thinking of stuff all morning. Too little too late I guess.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Chimp isnt a donor and he's one of the biggest trouble makers in that area and lets also keep in mind that its a not a free for all debate. Rather its a topic chosen and people volunteer to debate one another on the debate. Two debaters are chosen and they alone debate each other everybody else is essentially a peanut gallery who just comment and later vote on the winner.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X