• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Running Mate Q & A Session

Don't you feel that a Presidential ticket is better served to be completely free of Zone staff, in order to better promote independence of said ticket?
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      Don't you feel that a Presidential ticket is better served to be completely free of Zone staff, in order to better promote independence of said ticket?
      Agreed.....

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by JediRalphWilson
        Agreed.....
        And yet you vote for that ticket....makes sense.

D & S Sports

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

NBF: would you ever use any abilities you have that other folks running don't possess to sway the vote?

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
            And yet you vote for that ticket....makes sense.
            I have my reasons. None of them involve NBF.

Comment

• northernbillfan
              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Another great question. Playa felt my experience at the Zone would help him in his quest to make the Zone a better place. Having someone on the "inside" would cut through the beauracratic red tape that ties things up in other administrations. We can fast track our ideas. We would still have to listen to all staff before letting them implement changes and it would be their decision, not mine. When pushing our agenda forward, I promise to take my Admin hat off and wear the Veep hat with pride.
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                NBF: would you ever use any abilities you have that other folks running don't possess to sway the vote?
                Absolutely NOT. I have unlimited rep, but I spread it around to all supporters of the Playa/nbf campaign equally. I even spread it around to all candidates and their supporters as well.
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                    Another great question. Playa felt my experience at the Zone would help him in his quest to make the Zone a better place. Having someone on the "inside" would cut through the beauracratic red tape that ties things up in other administrations. We can fast track our ideas. We would still have to listen to all staff before letting them implement changes and it would be their decision, not mine. When pushing our agenda forward, I promise to take my Admin hat off and wear the Veep hat with pride.
                    Isn't that kind of like saying that you would have thrown up a bunch of beuracratic red tape to anybody else you're not running with? Otherwise he'd have nothing he needed to cut through by having you...

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

I dont believe so.

I believe he's simply saying hes in a position to help make things happen. While almost all zone changes are voted upon or discussed in the staff area, and that would be no different, here I think hes simply saying that by being apart of this and discussing playas ideas he can help not only implement them but to better help prepare them for presentation to others as he obviously knows almost better then anyone how things are structured behind the scenes.

I wouldnt attempt to read more into it then there really is. Hes simply saying hes in a position to help.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                        Many other voters will be viewing the debate replies before making a decision.
                        I think that's all they're reading. See - 'Dear Voters' article.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                          I dont believe so.

I believe he's simply saying hes in a position to help make things happen. While almost all zone changes are voted upon or discussed in the staff area, and that would be no different, here I think hes simply saying that by being apart of this and discussing playas ideas he can help not only implement them but to better help prepare them for presentation to others as he obviously knows almost better then anyone how things are structured behind the scenes.

I wouldnt attempt to read more into it then there really is. Hes simply saying hes in a position to help.
                          Point being, if he's already in that position of power, shouldn't that be the case for anybody that wins, not just Playa?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                            Point being, if he's already in that position of power, shouldn't that be the case for anybody that wins, not just Playa?
                            As Ive maintained all along the advantage to our ticket is that Playa is already well versed in the issues with zone and potential solutions that we have thought up and he has the ear of his VP on his new ideas. That's not to say NBF if we werent to win would be completely unhelpful, however as we have seen some ideas by some candidates have been tried elsewhere and have failed or have been previously discussed by the staff and voted down. That's what Ive been saying since Day 1 as to why having NBF, and Devin on staff is such a huge upgrade for our ticket because we know the issues still around and the ideas we have but also adding in Playa's new ideas would be awesome too, because they are so fresh because he knows whats been tried and what hasnt. That's not say any other President wouldnt be welcome to the staff, just simply stating why Playa has the inside edge.
                            COMING SOON...
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              • May 2005

Interesting that this was the "ask the running mate thread", yet both my questions were not answered by the potential VP... Seems like just another case of him not being around to answer the questions and concerns of the people... even when he initiates the contact.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                                Interesting that this was the "ask the running mate thread", yet both my questions were not answered by the potential VP... Seems like just another case of him not being around to answer the questions and concerns of the people... even when he initiates the contact.
                                If you really need an answer from him Im sure he'll be around soon to chime in. Keep in mind there is a time difference and we all can't be around while working, but I dont think that is your point so why dont you continue to elaborate on that for me.
                                COMING SOON...
                                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X