• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Running Mate Q & A Session

NBF...

What is your campaign's view on trolls patrolling the boards? And I am not really looking for the standard answer... There are things that can be done more diligently.

Thanks for taking the time (when you wake up) to answer my awesome question.

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
      NBF...

What is your campaign's view on trolls patrolling the boards? And I am not really looking for the standard answer... There are things that can be done more diligently.

Thanks for taking the time (when you wake up) to answer my awesome question.
      That's a very good question. Trolls are an internet phenomena that bewillder people to this day. Why do they troll in the first place? What do they expect to gain? No one really understands why they do what they do. It would be our stance to deal with them as expediantly as possible. We would think about instilling a policy to limit them to 5 posts per day for a certain period of time, call it a probation of sorts. If they continue to troll after the limit was lifted, they would face immediate expulsion from the Zone.
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        That's a very good question. Trolls are an internet phenomena that bewillder people to this day. Why do they troll in the first place? What do they expect to gain? No one really understands why they do what they do. It would be our stance to deal with them as expediantly as possible. We would think about instilling a policy to limit them to 5 posts per day for a certain period of time, call it a probation of sorts. If they continue to troll after the limit was lifted, they would face immediate expulsion from the Zone.
        I got ripped for suggesting a probation of some sort for new members.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• northernbillfan
          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
          I got ripped for suggesting a probation of some sort for new members.
          This policy would not cover new members but those that present themselves as trolls. You can usually tell who is going to be a troll within the first few days. And this policy would need to be approved by the staff at teh Zone prior to being implemented.
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

This policy would not cover new members but those that present themselves as trolls. You can usually tell who is going to be a troll within the first few days. And this policy would need to be approved by the staff at teh Zone prior to being implemented.
            Trolls generally leave after a couple of days of hitting the message boards. I have signed up for boards that had a no posting policy of 1-3 days and they didn't seem to have problems, because Trolls and Spammers don't have the patience to wait out 1 day.
            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

That is an excellent answer, Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
              X