Re: I had another idea!

yeah that is a great idea Gunz!
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Only issues Id have is what Op already said. Hopefully it would be handled differently then the current TZ Power Rankings system so we have parity. Also need a way to make sure that the same guys aren't winning month after month or the same time each year.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jayhawk
        • Aug 2004

crap another award I won't get
        http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla admin
          • Jul 2002

LtFF used to give an excellent BillsZone poster a gift subscription of donor status for a month. The staff would make suggestions of worthy recipients and Lt would pick one.
          That was cool, but i like this idea better.

i would want the regular posters in the BillsZone to decide who got the honor...they could make nominations and then vote in a poll to decide the winner.

Quality of posts should be the determining factor.

Once an individual won, he/she would not be eligible for the next three months to give others a chance to be honored.

The worst poster of the month is not a good idea, in my opinion.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I don't like the "worst poster" idea either, but on the other hand, if it were held once per month, and the same person kept winning, maybe they'd get the hint that they suck and know nothing about the Bills...then they'd post less and read more.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Bling
              • Jul 2004

Great idea! Unfortunately, it'll be a select few giving each other more pats on the back. I could give you 10 posters that have a 95% chance of winning this award every time.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Two original ideas? In one day? WHOA!

Question is, how does this help the Zone?

The same select few will keep getting this "pat on the back" and ego stroke constantly.

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla admin
                  • Jul 2002

i appreciate what y'all are saying, but if we have the average poster nominate folks, you may be surprised at who will be included in the poll.

i can think of 10 posters off the top of my head who rarely, if ever, post in the TZ who would be worthy of this honor. They aren't among the "select few" but they know their football.

for example, 10 potential nominees i would consider are: Romes, Jan Riemers, LifetimeBillsFan, TedMock, raphael120, ddaryl, yordad, Ingtar, Philagape, and NE39.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

I like the idea of "Poster of the Month" and "Worst Poster of the Month". My only fear is that it would turn into a gay ass popularity contest much like other competitions have here.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla admin
                      • Jul 2002

Did you read my post?

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by shelby
                        i appreciate what y'all are saying, but if we have the average poster nominate folks, you may be surprised at who will be included in the poll.

i can think of 10 posters off the top of my head who rarely, if ever, post in the TZ who would be worthy of this honor. They aren't among the "select few" but they know their football.

for example, 10 potential nominees i would consider are: Romes, Jan Riemers, LifetimeBillsFan, TedMock, raphael120, ddaryl, yordad, Ingtar, Philagape, and NE39.
                        I'm glad you're optimistic, but let's be realistic. None have a shot.

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I like this idea. It should be awarded by the staff and not a vote, however. Or at the very least, the staff picks 2 or 3 finalists to vote on.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            I like this idea. It should be awarded by the staff and not a vote, however. Or at the very least, the staff picks 2 or 3 finalists to vote on.
                            As long as I'm one of the finalists... always...forever.

Comment

Working...
                            X