• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Playa/NBF Forum input

Originally posted by MBBedard
    I must have missed that when he said he was a CFO 16x.
    Perhaps, he is not only a CFO of a company he ALSO is admin of another site.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Out of curiousity, what are the chances that Playa actually gets access to this information he would need to use his CFO-ness?
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
        Out of curiousity, what are the chances that Playa actually gets access to this information he would need to use his CFO-ness?
        Questions were asked about finances in ther main staff forum before, its not a secret amongst staff members.

But moreso it isnt about that as much as it is implementing ideas to increase or optimize.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

See my public announcement about the upgrade. In the Twilight Zone.

Thats how I roll. Info to the people, not to benefit a campaign.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

See my public announcement about the upgrade. In the Twilight Zone.

Thats how I roll. Info to the people, not to benefit a campaign.
            lol.

well this will be easy to use

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Devin
              I agree thats why I posted it first
              You posted it here to benefit Playas campaign. It was a shady move, Dev.

But its cool, Im a twig in the nile.... just flowing.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

You posted it here to benefit Playas campaign. It was a shady move, Dev.

But its cool, Im a twig in the nile.... just flowing.
                I posted factual information you then stole and posted outside the forums in a move to benefit your campaign.

Its all good I wont worry about the skirting of the rules, as anyone can clearly see in this thread you simply phrased it differently to not break any rules.

Yes I posted it to benefit my team, however its our JOB to know these things. Course had you thought of it first I dont suspect this would be an issue.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Just flowing, thats it.
                  It was all

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

flowing. got it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by honey
                      Thing is, Devin - how would MBB know about all of this stuff? Also, how would the normal poster know about this? MBB is throwing ideas out there that everyday posters have interest in.

I'm not all that computer savvy, so I'm not sure how I would utilize all of those options. I don't use all the ones available now. Plus, you have to add in all the time posters have. I have very little time on the computer anymore.

But, research is important.
                      but that's why this is such a good idea- additional features may attract more users who like the features or give some existing posters reason to spend more time on BZ, yet people who don't care about them can just ignore them and it won't hinder their posting experience.

I think the Playa campaign did their homework on this one. When it comes to features, more is better (unless those features become too unwieldy for the average poster- but everything Devin described can simply be ignored by people who aren't interested so that isn't an issue here).
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by honey
                        Thing is, Devin - how would MBB know about all of this stuff? Also, how would the normal poster know about this? MBB is throwing ideas out there that everyday posters have interest in.

I'm not all that computer savvy, so I'm not sure how I would utilize all of those options. I don't use all the ones available now. Plus, you have to add in all the time posters have. I have very little time on the computer anymore.

But, research is important.
                        Bedard is thinking outside of the box.

No matter who is elected, they'd get those canned features that come with zbulletin.

When it comes to choosing who is right for you, I say ask you to ask yourself, who had done more for the Zone and who will continue to do so.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

While I'll give the "Playa" camp an A+ on homework on researching the new Vbull upgrade- I'm wondering why a presidential candidate is claiming this upgrade as their camp's "Idea"

We upgrade our VBulliten any time their is a new version.

In no particular order- LoG, Devin, Dude, JJamezz, and the rest of the technical staff get all the kudos for this and should be the ones soliciting the ideas.

I'll give the next zone president lots of support in suggesting enhancements- but if he claims it's his administration's idea or impetus to bringing it here then he's full of crap.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                            Bedard is thinking outside of the box.

No matter who is elected, they'd get those canned features that come with zbulletin.

When it comes to choosing who is right for you, I say ask you to ask yourself, who had done more for the Zone and who will continue to do so.
                            Maybe we can call this Playa's VBullcrap upgrade?

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              While I'll give the "Playa" camp an A+ on homework on researching the new Vbull upgrade- I'm wondering why a presidential candidate is claiming this upgrade as their camp's "Idea"

In no particular order- LoG, Devin, Dude, JJamezz, and the rest of the technical staff get all the kudos for this and should be the ones soliciting the ideas.

I'll give the next zone president lots of support in suggesting enhancements- but if he claims it's his administration's idea or impetus to bringing it here then he's full of crap.
                              While I can appreciate the support MBB at any cost, I dont believe I posted anywhere that this was my/our idea.

You are however incorrect about upgrading "anytime" as we are I believe now upwards of 7-8 versions out of date. Vbulletin 3.5.3 came out in January of 06 (what we are running), the current version of vbulletin is 3.6.8

Vbulletin will be upgraded no matter who is president, the premise of the post was simply what your first line said. We did our homework. Researched what it included and began formulating ideas about how to best use them.

Of course as zone staff we will support whoever is president, the point was simply to point out that we were looking at the bigger picture, that we were keeping up to date with the software that runs this place and before anyone else bringing to the zoners what those updates will include.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Al Gore : The Internet :: Playa : Vbulletin Upgrade

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍