Thread: Playa/NBF Forum input

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Playa/NBF Forum input

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    I agree thats why I posted it first
    You posted it here to benefit Playas campaign. It was a shady move, Dev.

But its cool, Im a twig in the nile.... just flowing.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    You posted it here to benefit Playas campaign. It was a shady move, Dev.

But its cool, Im a twig in the nile.... just flowing.
    I posted factual information you then stole and posted outside the forums in a move to benefit your campaign.

Its all good I wont worry about the skirting of the rules, as anyone can clearly see in this thread you simply phrased it differently to not break any rules.

Yes I posted it to benefit my team, however its our JOB to know these things. Course had you thought of it first I dont suspect this would be an issue.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just flowing, thats it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

flowing. got it.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by honey
    Thing is, Devin - how would MBB know about all of this stuff? Also, how would the normal poster know about this? MBB is throwing ideas out there that everyday posters have interest in.

I'm not all that computer savvy, so I'm not sure how I would utilize all of those options. I don't use all the ones available now. Plus, you have to add in all the time posters have. I have very little time on the computer anymore.

But, research is important.
    but that's why this is such a good idea- additional features may attract more users who like the features or give some existing posters reason to spend more time on BZ, yet people who don't care about them can just ignore them and it won't hinder their posting experience.

I think the Playa campaign did their homework on this one. When it comes to features, more is better (unless those features become too unwieldy for the average poster- but everything Devin described can simply be ignored by people who aren't interested so that isn't an issue here).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by honey
    Thing is, Devin - how would MBB know about all of this stuff? Also, how would the normal poster know about this? MBB is throwing ideas out there that everyday posters have interest in.

I'm not all that computer savvy, so I'm not sure how I would utilize all of those options. I don't use all the ones available now. Plus, you have to add in all the time posters have. I have very little time on the computer anymore.

But, research is important.
    Bedard is thinking outside of the box.

No matter who is elected, they'd get those canned features that come with zbulletin.

When it comes to choosing who is right for you, I say ask you to ask yourself, who had done more for the Zone and who will continue to do so.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

While I'll give the "Playa" camp an A+ on homework on researching the new Vbull upgrade- I'm wondering why a presidential candidate is claiming this upgrade as their camp's "Idea"

We upgrade our VBulliten any time their is a new version.

In no particular order- LoG, Devin, Dude, JJamezz, and the rest of the technical staff get all the kudos for this and should be the ones soliciting the ideas.

I'll give the next zone president lots of support in suggesting enhancements- but if he claims it's his administration's idea or impetus to bringing it here then he's full of crap.

Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billsfanone
    Bedard is thinking outside of the box.

No matter who is elected, they'd get those canned features that come with zbulletin.

When it comes to choosing who is right for you, I say ask you to ask yourself, who had done more for the Zone and who will continue to do so.
    Maybe we can call this Playa's VBullcrap upgrade?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog
    While I'll give the "Playa" camp an A+ on homework on researching the new Vbull upgrade- I'm wondering why a presidential candidate is claiming this upgrade as their camp's "Idea"

In no particular order- LoG, Devin, Dude, JJamezz, and the rest of the technical staff get all the kudos for this and should be the ones soliciting the ideas.

I'll give the next zone president lots of support in suggesting enhancements- but if he claims it's his administration's idea or impetus to bringing it here then he's full of crap.
    While I can appreciate the support MBB at any cost, I dont believe I posted anywhere that this was my/our idea.

You are however incorrect about upgrading "anytime" as we are I believe now upwards of 7-8 versions out of date. Vbulletin 3.5.3 came out in January of 06 (what we are running), the current version of vbulletin is 3.6.8

Vbulletin will be upgraded no matter who is president, the premise of the post was simply what your first line said. We did our homework. Researched what it included and began formulating ideas about how to best use them.

Of course as zone staff we will support whoever is president, the point was simply to point out that we were looking at the bigger picture, that we were keeping up to date with the software that runs this place and before anyone else bringing to the zoners what those updates will include.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Al Gore : The Internet :: Playa : Vbulletin Upgrade

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

No freakin ideas. Attack MBB. Whatever.

When you guys run that upgrade make sure you all ask Bedard to make things interesting again.

Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    While I can appreciate the support MBB at any cost, I dont believe I posted anywhere that this was my/our idea.

You are however incorrect about upgrading "anytime" as we are I believe now upwards of 7-8 versions out of date. Vbulletin 3.5.3 came out in January of 06 (what we are running), the current version of vbulletin is 3.6.8

Then the admins have been slacking.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then the admins have been slacking.
    That they have, however since neither Dude or I were admins in 2006 I defer to the previous zone admin staff.

We (Dude and I) are developing a plan to sort it out.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just out of curiosity, if Playa is an admin on another site, is he willing to give that up so that he can be fully attentive to the needs of the members here or will he be splitting time between the two locations?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The fact that this update was going into effect with or without this election should give no campaign an edge. Did the Playa/NBF campaign have any role in vbulletin instituting these new features? Or are they just shedding light on information that would have been posted prior to the upgrade without the election going on in the first place?
    BERNIAC!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jmb1099
    Just out of curiosity, if Playa is an admin on another site, is he willing to give that up so that he can be fully attentive to the needs of the members here or will he be splitting time between the two locations?

The other site I am an Admin at we have just added new staff and my role has been diminished to get more of the community involved, I will dedicate all my heart to serve my fellow ZOner and will fight for each ones concerns that they address to me

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak
    The fact that this update was going into effect with or without this election should give no campaign an edge. Did the Playa/NBF campaign have any role in vbulletin instituting these new features? Or are they just shedding light on information that would have been posted prior to the upgrade without the election going on in the first place?
    This was all explained but ill try once more.

The Playa/NBF campaign simply did thier homework plain and simple. Now I fully realized once this was posted the woodwork would produce all kinds of supporters who would twist this every which away.

This was simply brigning to light we were aware of the technology and posting its features for you guys to see. It was such a good idea the idea was stolen and posted elsewhere.

Had I known people would literally believe that we created the software or some variation of that id have tried to break it down even furthur.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

@ this thread.

As if Playa had anything to do with Vbulletin or the impending upgrade. I am seriously LMAO.

And typical of his campaign, he isn't even the one from his campaign to bring it up. Frankly I am surprised Draftboy didn't start this.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

jesus I should have written this in crayon.