• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: MBB's Final Debate Thread

Originally posted by L.A. Playa

My strategy coming into this campaign was to focus on the issues, take the concerns that Zoners had come with me to and ideas they had to make the Zone better and make them issues. I am a multifaceted man and previous to the election I had for the most part shown may fun loving, sarcastic and humorous side. In this election I have been criticized for showing another side, my strong, educated, serious, professional, leadership side. I believe a leader is someone who encompasses all those facets and more.
    You have shown different faces in this election as well. While your debate answers have all been formal it looks very different from the guy who posted individual promises to about 20 zoners.

Which one is the real you? Follow up, to be zone President do you feel you need to have a different more "professional" persona?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

I think ultimately by creating a sense of ownership, making users feel like this is their home away from home and instilling a sense of pride in the quality of the forums, this will make Zoners want to donate and to help build and be apart of the site
      Any specifics as to how you think we could do that?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

I believe as a Staff and community we can brainstorm and come up with creative ways to better market the Zone. We have the most complete and exclusive content of any Bills Fan Site on the web.

Clump’s cap page has been used by media outlets and given credit for, DraftBoy’s Draft guide is second to none on any website. We have the talent here and the content that is used by many.

I have spoken to DraftBoy about his starting a Draft Bloq that will not only have his information available to 1,000’s more but also direct them directly to the Zone.

I believe that my experience as a leader in organizing a team and working as part of a team, my compassion and heart for my fellow Zoner makes me the ideal candidate to listen and fight for their concerns and needs. Also, it allows me to intelligently present these ideas to the staff and gives me the ability to work as part of the team to come up with solutions to each and every Zoners concerns and needs.

Is your number one focus marketing the site and trying to gain new posters or to focus on the site now and make it better?
        It was all

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
          What is your actual stance on Digg? Are you for it or against it?
          I personally dont care for the "Digg'ing" format, but it something that we could gauge the interest of Zoners and see how they feel it would be a preferred format. Then discuss with the staff to see what the advantages would be to this format.

The position of President is not to invoke your personal opinion about a topic upon the Zone, but rather be open to new ideas and guage the feasability of these ideas to improve the quality of the Zone.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

So are you for or against a "starter forum"?
            I really dont know what you mean by a "starter forum", but I have previously stated that we could use the capablities of Vbulletin to send a welcome PM that details each forum and the TOS to better educate our new members. Also, I would like to point out your proposal to deal with violators is exactly the same policy currently used by the staff.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

You have shown different faces in this election as well. While your debate answers have all been formal it looks very different from the guy who posted individual promises to about 20 zoners.

Which one is the real you? Follow up, to be zone President do you feel you need to have a different more "professional" persona?
              I have endured these atatcks from the campaigns from day one and have answered them all. Seeing that you pulled up threads that where all started when we where just joking around and the position had no real authority or responisibilties, this was me just being comical.

Since the Real Election has started and there are real real responsibilities and authority attached to the position I felt that my fellow Zoners should see the side of me that is professional, serious and qualified to lead.

While I applaud you for your entertainment skills, there is alot more that goes into being a leader than entertaining. Yes in the past I asked you to entertain me, a great leader recognizes talent and utilizes that talent to its maximum potential.

A great leader knows how to put togethr a qualified staff and use each of tehir abilities and mesh their input into their own ideas to make a better world. This campaign is not just about me its about my team, which has done an excellent job at clearing the smoke screen of atatcks to reveal the truth of the unified assault of our campaign and our ideal.

Each of our thought out ideals have been atatcked, while otehr campaigns come up with ideas that have no detail at all, we offered to run an attack free campaign and all other campaigns have rejected that and unified to attack.

That has left me no choice and I will respond strongly to each attack, taht is what a great leader does, I once again believe that my fellow Zoners will vote for an experienced strong leader who is multi faceted and can do more tahn just entertain.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

Any specifics as to how you think we could do that?
                With many of the new VBulletin features that will be available when the update that will take place, Zoners will have the ability to have detailed homepages, etc.

By educating and making them aware of the new capabilities they will have I believe this will enable them to feel that this is their home away from home.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

Is your number one focus marketing the site and trying to gain new posters or to focus on the site now and make it better?

The number one focus is addressing the concerns and needs and serving my fellow Zoner.

After that improving the quality will help us market the site more to increase teh visibilty of the site and make this the best community for all of our Zoners.

Thank you for your questions and best of luck in the final vote.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍