Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Open Thread: Debate #3-The Final Debate

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Open Thread: Debate #3-The Final Debate

i can't vote, but i want to take a minute to thank both Bedard and Playa for the outstanding job they've done throughout this election campaign. They both have some very good ideas, and i feel confident that either of them could be a very successful Zone President. i'm looking forward to working with whoever is elected to improve the Zone.

i agree, next year the process needs to be tweaked. i was kind of making up as i went along.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All of Bedard's responses are in and he has yet to rebut the Playa answers.

I think Bedard's best response was it last because it finally gave some specifics, the rest of them really didnt answer the rebuttals at all.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm glad Sabres Zone was brought up. It's a shame that thing is on lockdown. It looks terrible. Oh well.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    I don't like Bedard's first response though, Playa's rebuttal asked him for specifics and he doesn't give any. I don't think he's avoiding the question but he's not answering it either.
    The first question seemed to go into an area that is quite beyond me seeming to talk about implimentation of system software and such. Those are the jobs of the admins and the owners of the site. Playa even answered it with, well I had Devin check it out... well duh, Devin is an admin of the site, of course he was probably already checking it out and probably knew all about it. I thought the question itself was too technical and only techinical people would be qualified to answer it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby
    The VP candidate leaves only one option to vote for in my mind. NBF is a great person and has brought only good things to Billszone, Playa for President!
    If skooby is down with Playa, conventional wisdom says do the opposite.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    The first question seemed to go into an area that is quite beyond me seeming to talk about implimentation of system software and such. Those are the jobs of the admins and the owners of the site. Playa even answered it with, well I had Devin check it out... well duh, Devin is an admin of the site, of course he was probably already checking it out and probably knew all about it. I thought the question itself was too technical and only techinical people would be qualified to answer it.
    Not knowing the question askers intent I thought that the questioned was designed to see if either candidate had begun to look at how do we improve the zone not just through new gadgets and gimmicks but rather technically speaking. I know that both campaigns have two of the main guys into the upcoming upgrade (Devin and Dude) and I know that Playa asked Devin specifically about what we as a site were already looking at this way, knowing that his other site had recently upgraded. I do not know if Bedard asked the same question of his staff or not, obviously since I am not on staff. I agree while the question may be a little techie, I dont know that it was intended to talk just about the technical aspect. At least that was my interpretation.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All Questions/Rebuttals/Responses are done, anybody have any comments?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not really

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fair enough, I really already made mine

This may be a slow day in the election forum.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ill say this, I think Playas great leader stuff is a bit much. I have years of management training. The first step of being a good leader is not having to announce your a leader.

Calling me an entertainer and all is cute, but rest assured this entertainer is going to give him a run for his money.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    Ill say this, I think Playas great leader stuff is a bit much. I have years of management training. The first step of being a good leader is not having to announce your a leader.

Calling me an entertainer and all is cute, but rest assured this entertainer is going to give him a run for his money.
    Id say you'd give him a better run if you had answered his questions about specifics, of the 4 that asked for it, in only one did you actually mention any kind of specific ideas rather then generalization. I mean the whole time we've been rallying on the fact that you don't have any of those specifics and you have the perfect opportunity to put that fact to rest in this debate and just didn't do so for whatever reason. I was completely befuddled by your responses to his rebuttals for the most part.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I personally think Playa is being told exactly what to say through PM's. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    I personally think Playa is being told exactly what to say through PM's. Just my opinion of course.
    And you would be completely wrong in that regard

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And all this stuff about upgrades and layouts is real cute but the real issue should be the betterment of the board. We can make it look pretty but if the same things are going on inside the forums it isn't going to be any better. I'm tired of visiting BILLS zone and going to the Twilight Zone first. A new layout or upgrade isn't going to change that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And all this stuff about upgrades and layouts is real cute but the real issue should be the betterment of the board. We can make it look pretty but if the same things are going on inside the forums it isn't going to be any better. I'm tired of visiting BILLS zone and going to the Twilight Zone first. A new layout or upgrade isn't going to change that.
    While I agree with your general sentiment about that, upgrades and new features are going to help better the board too. That's also your decision to go to the TZ first. I always go the BZ first, Scouting Zone second, then the mod and private boards.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I try to go to the main boards but something has to be done to make the content better. I'm doing my best on the Sabres board but it's a losing battle at this point. I just think all the pretty changes should be put on hold until the main problem is fixed.

If my car isn't running very well I don't think I'm gonna go get a new paint job on it first.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I try to go to the main boards but something has to be done to make the content better. I'm doing my best on the Sabres board but it's a losing battle at this point. I just think all the pretty changes should be put on hold until the main problem is fixed.

If my car isn't running very well I don't think I'm gonna go get a new paint job on it first.
    I think that your talking apples to oranges here. The BZ is still churning out the best content on the net. Does it need some fine tuning? Yes but thats not like a broken car, its more like one that needs an oil change (to use your analogy). I mean we have guys like LTBF who produces original stuff when he posts, Ingtar is a true insider and dozens of others who are some of the smartest on the net you can find based on Football IQ, Draft stuff, Free Agency, and Cap. I'm not quite sure what you or are not suggesting we do in the BZ, but I dont think major changes are needed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm gonna stay with the car analogy.

If you agree that the BZ need an oil change or tune up, what good would a new spoiler do for it?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm gonna stay with the car analogy.

If you agree that the BZ need an oil change or tune up, what good would a new spoiler do for it?
    Like I said its apples and oranges here. Why cant you do both?

Also what has your candidate specifically proposed that going to improve the BZ as you or he sees fit?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    I don't like Bedard's first response though, Playa's rebuttal asked him for specifics and he doesn't give any. I don't think he's avoiding the question but he's not answering it either.
    Playa hadn't been specific on anything. All fluff, no substance.