Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Open Thread: Debate #3-The Final Debate

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Open Thread: Debate #3-The Final Debate

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    Further research probably would've helped.
    I'd thank you, but that doesn't seem to be an option right now.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,453 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Further research probably would've helped.

That's funny
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    I'd thank you, but that doesn't seem to be an option right now.
    Reload the page and it should pop up

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One of the unique features of the board is that posters must prove themselves worthy of being able to post on the main SOSH board, either by a consistent stream of insightful analysis/commentary in the Sandbox forum (thereby meriting promotion to the big leagues)
    I can thoroughly understand how you wouldn't see that a "starter" forum was implied here...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    I can thoroughly understand how you wouldn't see that a "starter" forum was implied here...
    Glad you see it my way

Is it possible though to get any kind of a specific from anybody on the MBB team about what they will be doing if MBB is elected to improve the BZ? Is there some new game that will be instituted?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Glad you see it my way

Is it possible though to get any kind of a specific from anybody on the MBB team about what they will be doing if MBB is elected to improve the BZ? Is there some new game that will be instituted?

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Glad you see it my way

I would have to discuss with Mike what he wants to do. I know that the BZ isn't the only forum on the board that needs fixed.

Why do you keep throwing specifics out there? It's like a blind argument. I was proving a point and you said it was comparing apples to oranges, which it wasn't, and then all of a sudden you turn into the specifics conversation again. It's almost as if my argument made sense so you quickly change the topic...again.

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Glad you see it my way

Really? Now you're just being elitist like your candidate. Once again, I'm done with you for the day, I don't have the energy to waste on you endless spinning.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    Really? Now you're just being elitist like your candidate. Once again, I'm done with you for the day, I don't have the energy to waste on you endless spinning.
    Spinning of what exactly? You see it your way, I see it my way, Im not trying to convince you of my way. Thats fruitless, my concern is that so far to date Bedard has laid out NO SPECIFIC ideas about how to fix the zone but rather vast generalization that could mean many different things. Im asking for one specific idea on how to fix the BZ. If its a game so be it, but what the hell, I mean does the guy have an idea, does he not? If he's going with generalizations thats fair but at least state it. I mean is my question that difficult to answer?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would have to discuss with Mike what he wants to do. I know that the BZ isn't the only forum on the board that needs fixed.

Why do you keep throwing specifics out there? It's like a blind argument. I was proving a point and you said it was comparing apples to oranges, which it wasn't, and then all of a sudden you turn into the specifics conversation again. It's almost as if my argument made sense so you quickly change the topic...again.
    No doubt and thats fine, get with Mike and get back to me, I really do want to hear his specific ideas.

No you werent proving a point, you were trying to say that we could only do A or B (A being the upgrade, and B being improving the BZ through whatever means) my counter point was that A and B are no exclusive to each other and can be done is unison. To which so far you have had no counter to. I also was curious that since you being MBB staff were talking about the BZ and so far I had no seen any specific ideas from MBB concerning how to fix the BZ content wise if he had any. I thought that since it was a big issue for his staff that he would have ideas on how to fix it. Yet here I sit still awaiting that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I did NOT say that it was a choice between A or B. I said that when prioritizing the changes, an actual layout (or in this case paint job) should be at the bottom of the list. You deal with one problem at a time and when one problem is fixed, move to the next one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I did NOT say that it was a choice between A or B. I said that when prioritizing the changes, an actual layout (or in this case paint job) should be at the bottom of the list. You deal with one problem at a time and when one problem is fixed, move to the next one.
    But that doesnt make any sense given that (and granted my understanding of vbulletin is probably less then yours) that this upgrade will close some serious security holes that we currently have open. Also with giving the zone added features. As far as the layout thing I agree that can go down to the bottom. But addressing the content of the BZ itself will take a lot of time, while an upgrade may only take a day or two with a few days-weeks of more time to work out the bugs. Ideally I think Devin and Dude are handling the upgrade so why cant the mods work at the same time to improve the content in the best way we can through moderation and posting? I guess I dont understand why the two things can't be done at the same time essentially.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But that doesnt make any sense given that (and granted my understanding of vbulletin is probably less then yours) that this upgrade will close some serious security holes that we currently have open. Also with giving the zone added features. As far as the layout thing I agree that can go down to the bottom. But addressing the content of the BZ itself will take a lot of time, while an upgrade may only take a day or two with a few days-weeks of more time to work out the bugs. Ideally I think Devin and Dude are handling the upgrade so why cant the mods work at the same time to improve the content in the best way we can through moderation and posting? I guess I dont understand why the two things can't be done at the same time essentially.
    Because we're far to busy arguing about an internet election.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Because we're far to busy arguing about an internet election.
    That ends in a matter of days, so why cant we do these things at the same time?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ever notice that Playa is never the one to address these issues?

Seems like the candidate himself would have some sort of imput by what he meant instead of having a third party tell us what he meant.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ever notice that Playa is never the one to address these issues?

Seems like the candidate himself would have some sort of imput by what he meant instead of having a third party tell us what he meant.

*yawn*

How many times do we have to go over this? I mean its like everyday you guys make the same points that have been addressed, over and over and over and over again....

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Playa has 110 posts since the election started
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

*yawn*

How many times do we have to go over this? I mean its like everyday you guys make the same points that have been addressed, over and over and over and over again....
    Maybe if we got answers we wouldn't have to repeatedly bring them up. Why didn't you just run for Pres if you wanted to answer all the debates and questions?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe if we got answers we wouldn't have to repeatedly bring them up. Why didn't you just run for Pres if you wanted to answer all the debates and questions?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    Playa has 110 posts since the election started
    Talk about mailing it in.