• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: MBB's Official "I didn't win thread"

Originally posted by MBBedard
    I knew I wasn't going to win to be honest. I just stuck around to keep it interesting. Your campaign was a snooze fest...

You went out and got the little guys, they pushed you over the top. Congrats on that it was a good strategy. Where are they now though? They didnt care about an election... they didnt vote for playa cause he was the right choice. They voted because you asked them too.
    Im not going to go out re-hash the campaign with you. That's over with, I had a simple question. You answered it (and thank you for that), save the rhetoric for your run next year.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      Don't be that guy Bedard. Sour grapes aren't going to help you in the next election.

Hate him because he sucks, not becuase he beat you.
      Not trying to be that guy. Just stating the obvious.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

I knew I wasn't going to win to be honest. I just stuck around to keep it interesting. Your campaign was a snooze fest...

You went out and got the little guys, they pushed you over the top. Congrats on that it was a good strategy. Where are they now though? They didnt care about an election... they didnt vote for playa cause he was the right choice. They voted because you asked them too.
        Incorrect.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

Originally posted by BAM
          Incorrect.
          Are you trying to say the multiple people they had vote for them with under 20 posts were deeply concerned about this election prior to being contacted by their staff? Sure, some big name people went their way too, no denying that, but it was all the people that 95% of this place doesn't recognize that put them over the top.

No, name value isn't everything here, but I find it hard to believe that some of those people knew or cared one way or the other about the election.

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

I guess maybe I just read the post wrong. It seemed like he was bunching everyone that voted for Playa into the little person category. No biggie.

In all honesty though... this is the main reason you guys lost my vote. In my opinion, throughout the whole campaign process Bedard's campaign came off as a group of whiners/complainers. Playa's campaign did a much better job of controlling themselves, which is why I voted for them, other than a couple threads that got out of hand of course.

In the end I realize that this whole election was just for fun but I had to base my vote on something.

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

You went out and got the little guys, they pushed you over the top. Congrats on that it was a good strategy.
              There's a saying in sales, "Sell to the classes, you live with the masses. Sell to the masses, you live with the classes."

In this instance, it translated to the President-Elect Playa campaign selling themselves to the masses, which translated into the win.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                There's a saying in sales, "Sell to the classes, you live with the masses. Sell to the masses, you live with the classes."

In this instance, it translated to the President-Elect Playa campaign selling themselves to the masses, which translated into the win.
                I believe that's exactly what he said...

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

It bears repeating because from this point of view, it appeared as though certain campaigns believed the only ones voting were the active TZ and Holy Grail board posters, when you must realize that there are over 11,000 registered users and on average probably more than 200 active at any one time (just guesstimates on my part). The value of a vote isn't diminished because someone "only has X number of posts" in a forum-wide election.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

I think that poster should have had a minimum of 1000 posts in order to vote

Comment

• Dude
                      that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                      • Feb 2005

I'm still waiting for the beer and pussy we were promised.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                        It bears repeating because from this point of view, it appeared as though certain campaigns believed the only ones voting were the active TZ and Holy Grail board posters, when you must realize that there are over 11,000 registered users and on average probably more than 200 active at any one time (just guesstimates on my part). The value of a vote isn't diminished because someone "only has X number of posts" in a forum-wide election.
                        I'd agree if I believed those people with x number of posts actually cared and paid attention to all this... I don't believe that however. Whatever the case, it's done and over with so I'm not going to sit here and squabble about it any further. I guess we'll see if the people made the right choice or not soon enough.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Dude
                          I'm still waiting for the beer and pussy we were promised.
                          Sorry Dude, you might have missed the memo but it got changed to BYOB&P

Comment

• Dude
                            • Feb 2005

But I'm married. I was hoping to live vicariously through Playa.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by Dude
                              But I'm married. I was hoping to live vicariously through Playa.
                              You need one of these:

Comment

• Dude
                                • Feb 2005

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂