• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

While I was drunk last night, I figured out what the Bills would do

I must admit I've been totally confused as to what the Bills will do on Saturday April 26th. Searching for an answer, I turned to several Coors Lights and shots of crown last night to help my focus.

At about 2am, after winning some money in Hold Em, at least a dozen beers and even more shots of Crown. It hit me. Pat Moran/Draft Expert figured out what the Bills are going to do come draft day.

With the 11th pick, the Bills will select CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. (Harvey will be gone to NE at 7 as you'll see in my mock draft-coming soon)

Then the Bills are going to make a trade. They're going to move their second and third round picks to PIttsburgh for the 23rd overall pick. With that pick they will select WR Limas Sweed.

I know that's not good news for people who are fans of us taking a TE early in the draft, but that's not going to happen until round 4. I dont know who the TE will be, as I didn't quite drink enough crown for that to come to me.

But DRC and Sweed are coming to Buffalo, and holy **** do I have a hangover.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: While I was drunk last night, I figured out what the Bills would do

i think you're right about us taking DRC. Not so sure about Sweed tho.

Drink a beer....what kills ya, cures ya.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

My wife wont talk to me this morning, lol

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

That leaves room for Rucker or Davis in the 4th! I certainly wouldn't mind DRC and Sweed in Buffalo.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

DRC is viewed by many "experts" - perhaps because of the level of competition he faced - as more of a developmental prospect than Jenkins, McKelvin or Talib. If we want an impact CB in the first round, we should probably grab one of those three. I think DRC at 11 is as big a reach as any WR at that spot.

Sweed, though, would be a strong pick.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The Levy/Jauron era has always picked who they liked the most, regardless whether people think it's a reach or not.

With that in mind, I feel that they'll take a WR at #11. And that would be Sweed.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Maybe we could keep our third, and give up a 4th, 6th , and 7th. That would give us DRC, Sweed, a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and seventh.

3rd = 215
              4th + 6th + 7th = 113
              2nd = 470
              #23 = 760

Our 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th for Sweed, and it still doesn't add up? 760 > 583

Awe, nevermind. I was drinking too, and I have a headache.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

I think all the cb prospects are a reach since they are mostly small school, i think if we trade back in he take THomas, we wont trade back in for Sweed, or Kelly there stock has been dropping, from what ihave read and look more like 2nd rounders (early) i could see us trading up in the 2nd for sweed or hardy or kelly, but hardy will proally be gone, we will see.......
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

I'm so glad I don't drink anymore.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

thank god the bills wont drink like that on draft day. never happen.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by coastal
                      I'm so glad I don't drink anymore.
                      Then you have nothing to look forward to. When you get up in the morning, it's as good as you're going to feel all day.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bone
                        Bone
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Then you have nothing to look forward to. When you get up in the morning, it's as good as you're going to feel all day.
                        BILLIEVE

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

On a perfect day, McFadden will fall to us. Jerry Jones will call to offer up the house. We take his #22 and #28 for our #11 and 4th rounder.

With those 2 picks, we can be sure to have one of the top WRs Sweed/Thomas/Kelly/Hardy and one of the top CBs Jenkins/DRC/Talib/Cason/McKelvin.

In 2nd round take Fred Davis.

WOW I would cream my pants right there and then.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            On a perfect day, McFadden will fall to us. Jerry Jones will call to offer up the house. We take his #22 and #28 for our #11 and 4th rounder.

With those 2 picks, we can be sure to have one of the top WRs Sweed/Thomas/Kelly/Hardy and one of the top CBs Jenkins/DRC/Talib/Cason/McKelvin.

In 2nd round take Fred Davis.

WOW I would cream my pants right there and then.
                            McFadden doesn't fall past Cincinatti.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              DRC is viewed by many "experts" - perhaps because of the level of competition he faced - as more of a developmental prospect than Jenkins, McKelvin or Talib. If we want an impact CB in the first round, we should probably grab one of those three. I think DRC at 11 is as big a reach as any WR at that spot.

Sweed, though, would be a strong pick.
                              Sweed is good to go right out of the box but Harvey would be a force for many years.

Comment

Working...
                              X