• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Just heard our new first round pick on First Take

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
    We're paying him to play CB, not to be an orator, or a master of elocution, or a grammarian.
    A player's intelligence is fair game. McGahee needing a separate coach to call plays in wasn't helpful and I don't want to go through that again.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
      I take it you won't be rooting for this guy.
      That's not fair. I liked the pick and I don't care if he's a former ax murderer. If he can play and help this team, that's all i care about.

But his intelligence is fair game until he proves something on the field as a Bill.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Can we stop with the southern excuse. I live in georgia and have been to Waycross before.

The guy can't answer simple questions. End of story. Hopefully it's just nerves, etc. but it's downright horrible.

Are you excited to be a Buffalo Bill?

Answer: "Uhhh, well, yes, uhh, yeah, hmmm," pause... silence...nothing.
        This post is a miserable cow. Since you're so much better than McKelvin, then why don't you have anything better to do then sit here and gossip about somebody who is "inferior" to you?

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

That's not fair. I liked the pick and I don't care if he's a former ax murderer. If he can play and help this team, that's all i care about.

But his intelligence is fair game until he proves something on the field as a Bill.
          You take him for what he is not break down things and take what you like.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
            • Feb 2003

You'd sound like a babbling idiot too if you had a national TV interview.
            "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
            We are the Rockpile
            We are the Rockpile
            BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

If the way he speaks is reflective of his intelligence, then I guess I have another person from Georgia to put on ignore.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

that goes for every draft pick, on every team.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• blackonyx89
                  HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                  • Mar 2005

Can we stop with the southern excuse. I live in georgia and have been to Waycross before.

The guy can't answer simple questions. End of story. Hopefully it's just nerves, etc. but it's downright horrible.

Are you excited to be a Buffalo Bill?

Answer: "Uhhh, well, yes, uhh, yeah, hmmm," pause... silence...nothing.
                  I was born in Mississippi and when I came to Buffalo, the education system put me back a grade because they thought the southern education system was behind and backwards and they thought I wasn't smart because I had an accent.

Little did they know that I became an A- student and won a number of school honors. Not bad for a country bumpkin. LOL! In other words, this kid might be a genius, you don't know and don't judge a book by it's cover or in this case, his speaking voice! Leave him alone!
                  Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I say we cut the kid some slack and watch him play before we jump all over him.

Football smarts are much different from academic smarts or the ability to enunciate properly.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

THIS IS FOOTBALL!!!! Who would you rather have play for the Bills, Bill Gates or Tarzan? Give me a break. Intelligence doesn't matter when you lay the lumber down like McKelvin. Has anybody seen this guy tackle? One word: OUCH!!!

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Wow, some people are really touchy. He's prolly a great guy, and smart, too, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

Well... as far as I know, these guys don't get paid to talk up to certain standards. Their paycheck is made on the field. As long as he lives up to his 1st round pick status, then he can talk however he chooses.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                            HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                            Wow, some people are really touchy. He's prolly a great guy, and smart, too, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...0&postcount=11
                            I think we as Bills fans trash our own too much at times. I'm guilty of that at times.
                            Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Emmitt's worse!
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                                • Dec 2005

IM as hard on some players as anybody but here. But who gives a **** how he speaks.

As long as he does the right thing on and off the field, that's all that matters.. And I've talked to someone who has spoken with him since he's been here, and he said he was a very polite kid.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X