• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: McShay rates Bills draft #1....

Originally posted by DraftBoy
    No because those picks aren't much better then the ones we did make. Im glad many on here have taken the view that because Buffalo takes a guy he is a good pick, but the fact is that if Miami took Corner or Fine in Round 4 we'd be laughing our asses off at them but because we did its all the sudden ok? Im sorry for having an objective point of view I suppose. I never have said the picks suck or wont be good NFL players I just think better options were available and would of preferred we went in that direction.
    I really think missing out on Rucker caused us to go that different direction

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

it would be so awesome if Fine was a total bad ass. he is really the only pick that just made go "oh what the ****!".

i hope he proves me and 99% of the other people who said the same thing wrong.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        We laugh at Miami because they pick stupid players in Rd 1 , 2, maybe 3

Laughing at any legit pick outside of the top 100 for any team is a bit ignorant
        No its not. GMs make their names by making Day 2 picks work to not be scrutinized on that is ridiculous, especially if you miss on better options.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

No its not. GMs make their names by making Day 2 picks work to not be scrutinized on that is ridiculous, especially if you miss on better options.
          They may make their names on day 2 but they keep their jobs by hitting on day 1 and on paper our day 1 looks solid. Fact is all 32 teams will whiff on some picks in EVERY draft. At this point we can't know which picks are whiffs and which aren't.

Comment

• Dujek
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2008

In general I liked the Bills' draft. I'd rather they were able to draft one of the higher-ranked TEs but with the adddition of Hardy they have their big Red-Zone target, and so an absolute stud TE did not need to be a priority after that.

The Bills' off-season so far has been good, between FA and the Draft the defense has got immeasurably better, the offense has been improved (and with better field position given to them by an improved D their improvement could be more than anticipated) and the ST unit has been improved with the addition of another explosive returner.

Just because they didn't draft exactly who you wanted doesn't mean they didn't do a good job.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
              They may make their names on day 2 but they keep their jobs by hitting on day 1 and on paper our day 1 looks solid. Fact is all 32 teams will whiff on some picks in EVERY draft. At this point we can't know which picks are whiffs and which aren't.
              No we cant but that doesnt mean we can't look at them objectively either. Fact is if you are only hitting on two pick per draft and not missing on Superstar players (not saying we are, just saying we have in the past) then you wont keep your job as a GM. You keep your job by getting the best possible player at the position you picking no matter if its Round 1 or 7.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Ha Ha!... We don't have a GM so that argument is bunk

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Corner - may have best cover skills out of the whole draft.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                    Corner - may have best cover skills out of the whole draft.
                    MCgee better be ready because teams will be picking on him.

The problem is, both our cbs can't catch when the balls are thrown their way unless it's kicked to them
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

McShay is playing both sides of the fence, I saw him on ESPN just the other day and he was saying that Miami had the best draft.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        Because the Bills didn't get "Their guy"
                        ..who they never heard of before until this winter/spring.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• baalworship
                          • May 2003

I remember hating the Terrance McGee pick a few years ago because he wasn't supposed to get drafted until rounds 6 and 7. His bio said he couldn't backpedal (pretty scary for a CB) and he was asleep when the Bills called because he didn't expect to go that high.

Training camp will tell us more on the less known players. I love McKelvin and Hardy and the rest we'll have to see.

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

LOL....I doubt he was asleep though....
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                              Im still steaming that Rucker was taken 3 picks before us. We would have had a perfect first 4 rounds had he fell. **** Cleveland
                              Judging from the rest of the day two picks, we probably would have passes on him. He may have been too good of a fit.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• feelthepain
                                All-Pro Zoner
                                • Mar 2005

Miami got 2 of the top 15 players in this draft with their first 2 picks. That's No guarantee for success of course, but at this point all we can go on when judging these picks is where they were ranked according to their ability out of college. The McKelvin pick was a very smart and solid pick for the Bills. I also think Hardy was a good pick for the Bills, but I think your Oline and Dline are more important to your success then your WR position. I think the Bills should have addressed either Oline or Dline before WR, jmo. Your team also plays a Tampa 2 so CB isn't nearly as important to the Tampa 2 as it would be for a 3-4 or 4-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X