Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins fan here...in peace

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dolphins fan here...in peace

You guys are looking to be righting the ship but I'm sorry you'll have to lose in 3 different countries in a 2 year span.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    ......we make Fish fans mods around here....
    that's just madness right there

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    Hey guys,first time on this board...just wondering what you guys think of your team this year and what you guys think of the dolphins and the division....I like what you hguys did on draft day...I was hoping we'd get James Hardy as I think he's gonna be very hard to defence and they you have Evans too so it'll be hard for any secondary to keep up with those guys.

I feel good about the changes we've made in Miami starting with Parcells....we've added depth,a lot of good special team players and we beefed up both lines...our defence SHOULD be better at stoping the run and our running game should be better too....don't think we'll make the playoffs but we should have a better season with more young players.

Anyway,good luck to you guys this coming season unless you're playing the Dolphins of course and I hate NE and hope they punish them again for the game they taped,including 2 agaisnt us when we had a pretty good team.

Ozzy rules!!
    Parcells is going to make this team much better. His willingness to clean house quickly just proves it even more. If Miami had moved Campbell I think they would have been even better off for a quicker turn around in 2009.

I think if Miami wins 6-7 games that would be a major accomplishment.

Th Bills still have alot of question marks and I'm not ready to call them a playoff team. 9-7.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

fishy

------HOLY!!! They made a Phin Fan a MOD??
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Parcells is going to make this team much better. His willingness to clean house quickly just proves it even more. If Miami had moved Campbell I think they would have been even better off for a quicker turn around in 2009.

I think if Miami wins 6-7 games that would be a major accomplishment.

Th Bills still have alot of question marks and I'm not ready to call them a playoff team. 9-7.
    I think it's just as possible to see the Bills 6-10, 7-9 and the Dolphins 9-7.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hey, happy birthday, FTP....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hey, happy birthday, FTP....
    Thank you!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    Dude, you lost bets to me three years in a row.

You want to rip on Bills fans for being overly optimistic? There is no way on God's green earth that Miami fnishes with 9 wins. No way.

And I 'd say there is a 90% chance that the Bills will finish better than Miami.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For as much as you rip us for uninhibited enthusiasm and blind faith, the Dolphins at 9-7 is blind faith and hope with no real reason to see a 8 game improvement.

BTW, Happy B-Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dude, you lost bets to me three years in a row.

You want to rip on Bills fans for being overly optimistic? There is no way on God's green earth that Miami fnishes with 9 wins. No way.

And I 'd say there is a 90% chance that the Bills will finish better than Miami.
    I think it's funny how you think this based on the fact that the Bills won 7 games and Miami won 1 game. As if that's a determining factor in the following years outcome. Face you're not of the opinion the Bills will be better then Miami for any other reason then the last years record. Lets not forget, Miami won't near the same team this year, you can't look at Miami as if they will march the exact same team back onto the field. You hardly have any evidence Miami will be 1-15 or 9-7, so how yoiu can make these claims of what Miami will be us utterly laughable and as usual wishful thinking, not fact.

BTW, I don't bet. I voice an opinion and that's as close to a bet as you'll get from me. You being right about the Bills is nothing more then luck, cause it's not like the Bills have been simply dominant the last 2 years. The Bills have been so bad the last 2 years they could eaisly have been 4-12, 3-13 as 7-9, when you have nearly the worst Offense and defense in the league 2 years running you're lucky to have won 7 games nothing more. Also Miami finished better then the Bills in 05, so I'm not sure where you learned your math but that would be 2 years....not 3.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are going to be much improved this year.
    For starters, we won't have 14 players on IR.
    Fairchild is gone. The O has improved by subtraction.
    We had a decent draft and picked up some good players in FA.
    i have a good feeling about this season, and i look forward to sweeping the Fish again!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think it's funny how you think this based on the fact that the Bills won 7 games and Miami won 1 game. As if that's a determining factor in the following years outcome. Face you're not of the opinion the Bills will be better then Miami for any other reason then the last years record. Lets not forget, Miami won't near the same team this year, you can't look at Miami as if they will march the exact same team back onto the field. You hardly have any evidence Miami will be 1-15 or 9-7, so how yoiu can make these claims of what Miami will be us utterly laughable and as usual wishful thinking, not fact.

BTW, I don't bet. I voice an opinion and that's as close to a bet as you'll get from me. You being right about the Bills is nothing more then luck, cause it's not like the Bills have been simply dominant the last 2 years. The Bills have been so bad the last 2 years they could eaisly have been 4-12, 3-13 as 7-9, when you have nearly the worst Offense and defense in the league 2 years running you're lucky to have won 7 games nothing more. Also Miami finished better then the Bills in 05, so I'm not sure where you learned your math but that would be 2 years....not 3.
    I didn't read anthying past the first few sentences.

Find me one person in the media that thinks you can get to .500.

One, anywhere!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    For as much as you rip us for uninhibited enthusiasm and blind faith, the Dolphins at 9-7 is blind faith and hope with no real reason to see a 8 game improvement.

BTW, Happy B-Day.
    The difference is, I say "COULD", most Bill fans aren't using that word. Most are acting and talking as if the Bills winning and making a playoff push is a done deal, based on nothing more then hope. It's funny, Bill fans can tell Dolphin fans we won't be much next year based on what Miami did last year, but Bill fans can tell everyone how this year the Bills will be a playoff team based on last year! Based on what?

I find that funny considering how bad the Bills were. It's not me making numbers up here. The Bills were almost last on offense and defense...the Dolphins weren't. You can tell Dolphin fans we will still be a bad team based on our record, but your sub 500. record, offensive and defensive stats don't apply and have nothing to do with 08?? The Dolphins lost more games then they won...so did the Bills. The Dolphins didn't make the playoffs...neither did the Bills. The Dolphins didn't have a winning record against teams with a winning record..neither did the Bills.

The only thing the Bills did better then the fins in 07 was play slightly better against bad teams, yet this "one difference" makes the Bills a playoff team and the Dolphins will be the same bad team??

If the Dolphins were coming off the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked defense and had a 7-9 season the last 2 years and we were telling the fans of a Bills team that went 2-14, that we would not only compete for the division, but make a playoff run!! You people would be bouncing off the walls and telling us we're are nuts. Bill fans do this and you can't understand why anyone would argue against the opinion?? But I just refuse to respect the Bills...yeah, OK!!!!

And thank you for wishing me a HBD!!
    Last edited by feelthepain; 05-10-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't read anthying past the first few sentences.

Find me one person in the media that thinks you can get to .500.

One, anywhere!!
    Find one person.....just "ONE" that had the Giants a SB winner in 07, much less winning a SB game against the Pats!!!!!! I think that pretty much puts to rest what the media thinks!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,476 Times in 7,093 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Translation FTP:"I don't know squat which is why I chicken out of a bet from justa and lose to HH all the time. I get owned all the time"

Happy Bday BTW!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gez dude, I stopped reading this after, "I think it's funny how you think this based on the fact that the Bills won 7 games and Miami won 1 game."

Your the same guy that keeps bringing up when the Bills defense finished near last year (in yards allowed)despite the fact more the half of the starting D will be different this year. And, NTM, your phins averaged less then 14pts. a game vs that banged up unit.

But, I still won't put you on ignore, because I get a good chuckle out of almost all your post.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are going to be much improved this year.
    For starters, we won't have 14 players on IR.
    Fairchild is gone. The O has improved by subtraction.
    We had a decent draft and picked up some good players in FA.
    i have a good feeling about this season, and i look forward to sweeping the Fish again!
    Ohhh, so your teams changes equall success, but the Dolphins changes equall another bad season? Got it. Well I can see where your thinking has merrit.....oh wait, no I don't! Seems to me what it comes down to is Bill fans allow themselves to see success for their team, but that's all they see. Cause you're not using the same logic for both teams when determining what 08 will be.

Regardless of stats and records, the same logic should apply to both teams to determine the 08 season "if" you're going to be mature and fair about it. When Bill fans evaluate their team and where they stand, they ignore any negative about 07 and focus only on the positives. Then they add their FA's, trades and rookies to over inflate their opinion of their team. Why overinflate? Cause like I said Bill fans ignore their record, their stats and their recent history of winning or lack of winning against good teams, if you want to be a playoff team, you better beat the good teams too!! In the last 2 yeasrs the Dolphins have more wins against winning teams then the Bills.

When the Bill fans evaluate the Dolphins, they ignore any positive and only focus on the negative. Sorta like one fromula to determine one teams future and anouther formula to determine another teams future. That's hardly consistent...other then it being the same fromula Bill fans use every year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Gez dude, I stopped reading this after, "I think it's funny how you think this based on the fact that the Bills won 7 games and Miami won 1 game."

Your the same guy that keeps bringing up when the Bills defense finished near last year (in yards allowed)despite the fact more the half of the starting D will be different this year. And, NTM, your phins averaged less then 14pts. a game vs that banged up unit.

But, I still won't put you on ignore, because I get a good chuckle out of almost all your post.
    Oh right the Dolphins didn't have Ronnie Brown, Chris Chambers, Trent Green, Yeremiah Bell and Zach Thomas when we played the Bills in either game last year, but all those guy's suck and are all backups anyways right??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Translation FTP:"I don't know squat which is why I chicken out of a bet from justa and lose to HH all the time. I get owned all the time"

Happy Bday BTW!!
    Oh look the princess anon-bigoted...whats the matter, that nasty ol "pea" finally get ya out of bed??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually FTP, you have Parcells, and i'm sure he will turn the team around. i agree the Dophins have made a lot of positive changes. i'm not sure they'll win 9 games, however.

As a Bills fan, it is my obligation to want a sweep of the fish. It's nothing personal against you.