Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins fan here...in peace

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dolphins fan here...in peace

Hey guys,first time on this board...just wondering what you guys think of your team this year and what you guys think of the dolphins and the division....I like what you hguys did on draft day...I was hoping we'd get James Hardy as I think he's gonna be very hard to defence and they you have Evans too so it'll be hard for any secondary to keep up with those guys.

I feel good about the changes we've made in Miami starting with Parcells....we've added depth,a lot of good special team players and we beefed up both lines...our defence SHOULD be better at stoping the run and our running game should be better too....don't think we'll make the playoffs but we should have a better season with more young players.

Anyway,good luck to you guys this coming season unless you're playing the Dolphins of course and I hate NE and hope they punish them again for the game they taped,including 2 agaisnt us when we had a pretty good team.

Ozzy rules!!

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dolphins fan here...in peace

hey fish face...LOL, just kidding :)

your welcome any time. Fins should be better this year just with parcells beating on people. hard to be worse I guess :) both teams still along way from the damn Cheatriots, but it is all cyclical... they will be down someday too and then we can run the score up on the bastards like they did to us.
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

to Billszone!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

btw,what do you guys think they should do to the pats now that we know they taped another 6 games?I think they should take a draft pick away from them for each game.

Ozzy rules!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Parcells will make Miami more competitive. That's no guarantee of a championship. His Dallas stint proved he's human after all, but Miami will get better. I think the improvement will start slow. The improved personnel on both lines will take a year to gel even if the Dolphins made all the right acquisitions. You still have to figure out who your QB is going to be, and then get him a few more weapons. I could see Miami being much tougher in a couple seasons. They'll win more than one this season. I think three to five wins might be a reasonable expectation.

Buffalo is further along in the turnaround process. We now have most of the necessary personnel upgrades in place. This years crop of rookies will probably take the usual amount of time to get up to speed. The more I hear about Hardy, the more I like him, BUT he's not perfect and he's not a finished product. As big as he is, he's not especially strong, and a strong, physical CB can probably jam him off of his intended route. He needs to get stronger and learn how to beat the jam. He was a man among boys at the college level, but that won't be the case any more. The offseason move that will probably make the biggest difference for the Bills is the retooling of the interior of the defensive line, dumping Tripplett, trading for Marcus Stroud and signing Spencer Johnson will be huge. It will not take a full year for the defensive line to gel since those guys are seasoned veterans. The other big factor in Buffalo's improvement will be getting back a bunch of promising young players from their MASH unit (injured reserve) John DiGiorgio is a smart athletic guy, but Paul Posluszny with a year to learn the system will be significantly better, even learning the system while riding the bench with his injury.

I think the Bills will be quite a bit better than the Dolphins this year, but with Parcells at the helm of the organization, Buffalo will soon need to be looking over their shoulder. For now, both of us have bigger concerns, how to get good enough to knock off Bill Belicheat and the Cheatriots.
    Last edited by TigerJ; 05-08-2008 at 08:30 AM.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    btw,what do you guys think they should do to the pats now that we know they taped another 6 games?I think they should take a draft pick away from them for each game.

Ozzy rules!!
    More has to be done, basiclly the Pats traded a 1st round pick for a Super Bowl Title.. Heck if I owned any team Id take that every year if thats the punishment..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Welcome fellow Fin Fan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Where the hell is im4bflo when ya need him?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hey guys,first time on this board...just wondering what you guys think of your team this year and what you guys think of the dolphins and the division....I like what you hguys did on draft day...I was hoping we'd get James Hardy as I think he's gonna be very hard to defence and they you have Evans too so it'll be hard for any secondary to keep up with those guys.

I feel good about the changes we've made in Miami starting with Parcells....we've added depth,a lot of good special team players and we beefed up both lines...our defence SHOULD be better at stoping the run and our running game should be better too....don't think we'll make the playoffs but we should have a better season with more young players.

Anyway,good luck to you guys this coming season unless you're playing the Dolphins of course and I hate NE and hope they punish them again for the game they taped,including 2 agaisnt us when we had a pretty good team.

Ozzy rules!!
    Long was a great pick by Miami and Merling in the 2nd was a steal. I'm indifferent about the Chad Henne pick, was never a big fan of his at Michigan, his accuracy was questionable at times. Not a bad draft though overall!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Welcome to the board! Are you by any chance related to FTP? I sure hope not!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

......we make Fish fans mods around here....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not related to anyone on the board.....thanks for your replys guys....Like I said before,I think you guys have a pretty good team this year and most Dolphins fans like me know that we've still got some work to do.....regarless,I can't wait for the season to start and see what happens....you guys have been cool so I'll make sure I stop by from time to time and see what you guys are up to....as a dolphins fan,I won't be TAPING anything you guys post....a pats fans,well,do we need to go there?...lol

Ozzy rules!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who is OZZY?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    Who is OZZY?
    You can't be serious.

Despite your hatred of the 80's, you have to know who Ozzy is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why does every post have to be a tribute to him.
    BERNIAC!

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    ......we make Fish fans mods around here....
    Just goes to show you how sane we are.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    You can't be serious.

Despite your hatred of the 80's, you have to know who Ozzy is.
    however Ozzy was better known for his work in 70's with Black Sabbath.

as for the Fish... they seem to be on the right track. They will need a few years to get all the pieces together.

At this point I want to see all Dolphin, Jets and Bills fans unite and spend there time pummeling the Patriot fans repeatedly in unison for the foreseeable future

clumping platelets

OZZY!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ozzy is Ozzy Osbourne of course,my favorite singer...seen him 20 times in concert and love Sabbath and Iron Maiden.....typing Ozzy at the end of every post is something I've always done....as far as the pats...I agree that we should all beat on them...everytime you guys or even the jets play the pats I'm rooting for whoever is playing them...as far as this board,I like it...it reminds me of ours(finsheaven)tho I think we have more fans arguing with each other all the time...lol...in the end football should be fun,is not life of death...you guys are welcome to visit our board anytime.

Ozzy rules!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You had me at..
    I hate NE and hope they punish them again
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!