There was deffenlly something more to the Pats tape that the commissioner destroyed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

There was deffenlly something more to the Pats tape that the commissioner destroyed.

Think about it. Why would they destroy that one, but release the next one to the public?

Because there was something a lot worse on the first tape.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: There was deffenlly something more to the Pats tape that the commissioner destroyed.

It's pretty clear to everyone except Patriots fans that this is much bigger than what the NFL is admitting publicly. I almost don't blame them- if it were a Bills dynasty being threatened by allegations of cheating, I wouldn't want to believe it either.

Goodell somehow thinks he's protecting the integrity of the league by pretending it wasn't serious, but he's actually doing quite the opposite. He should throw the book at the Patriots the way he's throwing the book at misbehaving players. I don't understand why he's more concerned with off-the-field incidents than ensuring a fair competition.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Re: There was deffenlly something more to the Pats tape that the commissioner destroyed.

They destroyed tape of the walkthrough. Is it any wonder that the Patriots' lawyer sat-in on Walsh's meeting with Goodell? That suddenly all it took for Walsh to come forward was having his expenses paid?

The NFL is rapidly approaching WWE.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

In an HBO interview Andrea Kremer asked Matt Walsh about Bill Belichick's claim that he misinterpreted NFL rules.
        "When I was doing it, I understood what we were doing to be wrong," Walsh said. "We went to great lengths to keep from being caught. Just saying that the rules were misinterpreted isn't enough of an apology or a reasoning for what was done. … Coach Belichick's explanation for having misinterpreted the rules, to me, that really didn't sound like taking responsibility for what we had done, especially considering the great lengths that we had gone through to hide what we were doing."

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Joe Bryant from football guys said it well:

Roger Goodell had this all put to bed and swept under the rug but Senator Specter had other ideas. I do think it's pretty much over. But the league has to accept the fact that there are repercussions for handling the original tapes so secretively and destroying evidence before anyone could look at it. They couldn't have raised a red flag any higher and this still is amazing to me they'd blow that one so badly. The only reason they'd destroy evidence is if what was on there was so bad it would outweigh the outcry they had to know would come when they destroyed evidence. I hope it was worth it for them.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Goodell's a chicken-****.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
              They destroyed tape of the walkthrough. Is it any wonder that the Patriots' lawyer sat-in on Walsh's meeting with Goodell? That suddenly all it took for Walsh to come forward was having his expenses paid?

The NFL is rapidly approaching WWE.
              That's exactly what I was thinking. It makes perfect sense too.....

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

will superarlen race to the rescue just in time?

stay tuned
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
                  will superarlen race to the rescue just in time?

stay tuned
                  No.

The NFL will sweep this under the rug because there is no way to prevent them from handling this the way that they want to.

But, the media and particularly the fans of a lot of the other teams in the league won't forget it and it will hurt the image of the NFL and the legacy of these Patriots teams down the road. Not enough, but it will have its impact.

And, because of that, I do believe that the NFL will be keeping a closer eye on Belichick, the Pats and those coaches who are part of the Parcells-Belichick coaching tree (do you think that Belichick got the idea to do this himself?--maybe he did and maybe he didn't--is it possible that he learned to do it from his mentor?). They aren't going to want to have another similar scandal surface anytime soon even if they are able to sweep this one under the rug.
                  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    Think about it. Why would they destroy that one, but release the next one to the public?
                    The next one didn't display Brady & a goat.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dujek
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2008

The Pats cheated. The NFL are going to let them away with it.

It sucks, but I don't think there's much any of us can do about it other than boycott any game involving the Patriots, and that hurts our own team more than the Patsies. We all know what we'd like to see happen (my version of justice involves Bob Kraft, a blindfold and a firing squad), but we also know the NFL don't care what we think.

It's time to move on and concentrate on the Bills, because the Patriots aren't worth all this time and effort.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

A good friend of mine has his own theory...

BB and the Pats have dirt on others in the league who have done the same type of thing, and the NFL knows it. That is NE's trump card. If the NFL really hammers down on the Pats, then the Pats will assure that the **** really hits the fan by exposing others, and exposing the issue as more of a league-wide problem than strictly an isolated incident involving only BB and NE.

Again...his theory.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

It would be nice if the Congress pulled their anti-trust exemption over it, wouldn't it?

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Historian
                            It would be nice if the Congress pulled their anti-trust exemption over it, wouldn't it?
                            It would... but that would probably lead to the breakup of the NFL, and that brings with it a whole lot of complications.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I think the NFL/Goodell reacted too quickly. He should of done a more thorough investigation into the matter. The penalty was not severe enough for attacking the integrity of the game. This basically is as severe as the Black So scandal in 1919 and worse than Pete Rose betting on baseball. Bellichick should of been banned and Kraft if known about it should of been forced to sell the team.
                              The Patriots proved cheating wins and is a very poor representation of sportsmanship.

Comment

Working...
                              X