• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Venis2k1's Draft Profile: Jeff Faine

Im gonna try to do one of these every day leading up to the draft, just to give you guys a little better look at the players the bills may be looking at:

Stats:

HEIGHT: 6-3
    WEIGHT: 298
    HOMETOWN: Sanford, FL

Thoughts on Faine:

Football Expert Mel Kiper Jr. on Faine:
    "Jeff Faine has been a standout thus far. In fact, you would be hard-pressed to find a better interior lineman in the entire nation. He has All-American written all over him."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NBC Commentator Pat Haden on Faine:
    "Good offenses generally have good leaders on the offensive line and Faine is a great leader. Faine was considered one of the top centers in the country heading into this season and he's done nothing to dispel that notion."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notre Dame head coach Tyrone Willingham on Faine:
    "Jeff is in a class by himself. There are not many players that play the game at the level Jeff does. In some regards, he's a throwback to some of the really tough guys that played the game when there was no facemask. He plays the game with that kind of mentality and its a great way to play. I wish we could have more guys play that way, but that's what makes him special, because most guys cannot play like that."
    Bill Wagner of the Capital Gazette on Faine:
    "Jeff is the only guy I have seen dominate (Maryland's) E.J. Henderson like that. He looks like he is definitely one of the best linemen in all the country on either side of the ball."

Other Notes:

"Faine to be only the 3rd center in the last ten years (Damien Woody 1999, Steve Everitt 1993) to make the 1st round. "

"Has sky rocketed up Mel Keilpler's Draft Board from the 23rd spot all the way up to the 13th overall spot in the past two weeks"

Video:
    http://www.fansonly.com/media_server...k.rm&prto=rtsp','BroadcastPlayer','toolbar=no,resizeable=no,scrollbars=no,width=468,height=417'); void('');

** Thanks to http://und.ocsn.com/ for the Video
    Last edited by venis2k1; 04-21-2003, 03:46 PM.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Nice work venis!

Faine is really relentless. I wouldn't want to pick a C in the first round but I wouldn't mind trading up for him in the 2nd.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

There has been alot of buzz around this guy. I wouldnt expect him to get past Oakland in the first round at the latest.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

i'd like to see us get him.if we don't,i think the TITANS will get him.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I love this kid!!! 23rd pick really wouldn't be a reach for this guy. Depending on who is taken, he may be a great value pick for us in round 1. True centers like this guy are a rarity and to be compared to Damien Woody is high praise!!

Comment

Working...
          X