• Mar 2004

Re: Marshawn Lynch loses license, fined $100

WWMD

Comment

• losman420
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by The Answer
      I agree with what you say TD - but as a Bills fan I'm actually happy this happened because we need all the help we can get on offense.

But yes most of us would be sent to Attica under similar circumstances.

~The Answer
      c'mon, Attica?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
        I agree with what you say TD - but as a Bills fan I'm actually happy this happened because we need all the help we can get on offense.

But yes most of us would be sent to Attica under similar circumstances.

~The Answer
        It is rare to get a jail sentence in a hit and run with no serious injury.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I can't believe he was only fined $100. I was fined almost double that for speeding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

OK, how many of you actually live in Buffalo and watched the news?? I think that narrows it down to me, Thurm and Lecter. Here is what was said on the 10:00 news Friday night.

1. The DA's office even said that most hit and runs are never solved.
            2. The DA's office further said that most hit and runs in a manner like this never result in any financial penalty or traffic infraction.
            3. It was reported that Lynch will now be sued in civil court.
            4. No video tape of the incident exsists nor were their any tape or pics showing Lynch as the driver.
            5. There were two witness to the accident. One claims that "the driver" tapped the brakes after the collision. The other claims that "the driver" did not tap the breaks after the collision.
            6. The DA's office further concluded that many cases never even get this far.
            7. Finally, he may face further penalty from his employer (the NFL). "Average" people don't face penalty at their job because of their off the job behavior.

Bottom line? Lynch was fined more than other drivers would have. Lynch has had his license revoked where other drivers would not have. Lynch will now be sued in civil court whereas other drivers would not have. And he may face reprocussions at work whereas other drivers would not have.

I am in no way defend his actions but for all the complaining about special privildge in this situation ML was apparently "over" convicted.

Guys, feel free to please discuss this now that you have some real facts.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

I'm sure Lynch, the Bills, the DA, and that woman that he hit are all getting back to their lives now that this is finally over, I just wish some of us here would do the same because what's really the point of being bitter?
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Some are actually upset he didn't get more.

He didn't "get away" with anything. There wasn't any evidence to convict him of more.

Who cares what would have happened to you ( "if it was me.." ) . I'd root for a Turkish prison if it was you, just for posting such dumb crap.
                Last edited by Night Train; 06-28-2008, 05:48 AM.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                  If it were my mother/wife/daughter, I'd be pissed at them being out at 3:30 AM. Most times, bad things happen when people are where they shouldn't be, and the same goes for Lynch. But I'd probably listen to some slick lawyer and play-up the whole thing, just to score a fat settlement check. That wouldn't mean however that I necessarily thought, or cared, that he was guilty.

Originally posted by Goobylal
                  And save your "probably drunk" for the time when there's any evidence at all of him even drinking that night, much less being drunk behind the wheel.
                  Nice hypocrit statement.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    7. Finally, he may face further penalty from his employer (the NFL). "Average" people don't face penalty at their job because of their off the job behavior
                    Average people would have been arrested that night.

Bottom line? Lynch was fined more than other drivers would have.

Lynch has had his license revoked where other drivers would not have. .
                    License revoked is really not that big of deal.
                    Lynch will now be sued in civil court whereas other drivers would not have.
                    Go hit someone and see if they will sue you. This day and age anyone will sue for anything.
                    And he may face reprocussions at work whereas other drivers would not have.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      It is rare to get a jail sentence in a hit and run with no serious injury.
                      No one is talking jail sentence.

Spending 1 night in jail after committing a crime is not a sentence. Most of us would have been arrested and jailed for the night.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

Learn the facts, or your opinion is worth a big heaping pile of jack doodly squat.

Facts are, special treatment. And it's funny as hell watching some people stick up for it.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          Average people would have been arrested that night.
                          They had to indict him before he could have been arrested, same way for any other Joe Blow out there.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                            They had to indict him before he could have been arrested, same way for any other Joe Blow out there.

Wrong.

So when you get pulled over and arrested/charged with DWI you are indicted?

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

That's a completely different crime. If he was arrested for DWI, he would have gone to jail that nite like any other play has in the history of the league.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                                Unreachable Douche
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                                That's a completely different crime. If he was arrested for DWI, he would have gone to jail that nite like any other play has in the history of the league.
                                So please don't say you have to be indicted to be arrested.

That night he should have been arrested for hit and run. Just like any "average" person who have been.

Comment

Working...
                                X