• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marshawn Lynch loses license, fined $100

Originally posted by Night Train
    Who cares what would have happened to you ( "if it was me.." ) . I'd root for a Turkish prison if it was you, just for posting such dumb crap.
    thats awesome.. post of the week.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
      Some are actually upset he didn't get more.

He didn't "get away" with anything. There wasn't any evidence to convict him of more.

Who cares what would have happened to you ( "if it was me.." ) . I'd root for a Turkish prison if it was you, just for posting such dumb crap.
      Gives the term player haters a whole new meaning.

Comment

• Mike13
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        Total BS. If this guy wasn't famous he would be in jail like the rest of us would be.. This is frigging

More special treatment.
        Yeah so much for the justice system.
        But you guys should be happy.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
          Registered Fish
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

So, I dont agree that we shouldnt care about the incident. I care if one of our players is a douche bag. I honestly think this was an accident. And I also think he got about what he should have in punishment, and that we should just move on.... Hes not a drug dealer, a animal abuser, a pedophile, an assalant, a thief, a thug, or a gang banger. Hes a guy who commited a traffic infraction. I have, and almost everyone here has too.
          I'll always believe that he was driving drunk and that he knew he hit someone. Call it a "traffic infraction" if you want, but hopefully he has learned something from this situation. The next "traffic infraction" could cause something much more serious.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
            Registered Fish
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            There was no way to prove who was driving THAT NIGHT.
            WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

There was a passenger in the car. He knew who was driving.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
              Registered Fish
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by casdhf
              Probable cause standard. They didn't have it here which is why they had to indict.
              If he had been stopped that night after the incident, they would have been probably cause galore. That is the point. He likely would have faced the additional charge of DWI.

IMO, the only special treatment he got was on the night of the incident. The actions of the DA and the plea deal were on par with what anyone would have gotten. I've been saying from the beginning of this that:

1. Lynch was driving
              2. The DA would eventually convince him to take a plea
              3. He would certainly not see any jail time
              4. He shouldn't get a harsher punishment than the average citizen
              5. He will not get suspended by the league

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

No one is talking jail sentence.

Spending 1 night in jail after committing a crime is not a sentence. Most of us would have been arrested and jailed for the night.
                Wrong again.

That night there was no evidence Lynch was driving.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

On the flip side, the Buffalo Police and DA's office wouldn't have wasted this much time,energy & $$ on this if it was Joe Blow.

Channel 2 kept blathering on about this for days and basically forced the dept. to dig deeper to save face. It became a PR war, more than anything. Local attorneys interviewed said anyone else never would have been charged, given the evidence presented.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

I think there needs to be a return to debating the issue...apparently some on here want to ignore the facts...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Total BS. If this guy wasn't famous he would be in jail like the rest of us would be.. This is frigging

More special treatment.
                      Special treatment is for the rich, not only the famous.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                        HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                        • Mar 2005

He's young and made a dumb mistake, don't let it happen again. Now go out there and rush for 1600 yards, score TDs on the ground and in the air and make the Pro Bowl! What are you waiting for Beast Mode ? DO IT!!!

GO BILLS!!!
                        Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          I think there needs to be a return to debating the issue...apparently some on here want to ignore the facts...
                          It's easier for some to wave a broad brush and turn everything into an imaginary issue of martyrdom.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
                            If he had been stopped that night after the incident, they would have been probably cause galore. That is the point. He likely would have faced the additional charge of DWI.

IMO, the only special treatment he got was on the night of the incident. The actions of the DA and the plea deal were on par with what anyone would have gotten. I've been saying from the beginning of this that:

1. Lynch was driving
                            2. The DA would eventually convince him to take a plea
                            3. He would certainly not see any jail time
                            4. He shouldn't get a harsher punishment than the average citizen
                            5. He will not get suspended by the league
                            Lynch didn't receive special treatment, period. He wasn't caught drunk driving (and to be caught and arrested for drunk driving TD, you need to either be tested and found with a BAL above the legal limit or refuse to take the test) and no one could definitively identify the driver, without either of the occupants of the car talking, which they didn't do because the constitution allows them to remain silent. And it's not like they were going to break down the door if it were you, versus not in Lynch's case, because it would constitute an illegal search and seizure, without a warrant. But again, not knowing who the driver was, there was no cause for a warrant to be issued. Hence the need for the DA to resort to threatening everyone with a grand jury.

As for Lynch being drunk at the time, there's no proof of that at all. In fact one witness said she saw him drinking water all night. And that's all the evidence we have, and it points in the other direction, although no one's claiming she watched him all night long.

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              Lynch didn't receive special treatment, period. He wasn't caught drunk driving (and to be caught and arrested for drunk driving TD, you need to either be tested and found with a BAL above the legal limit or refuse to take the test) and no one could definitively identify the driver, without either of the occupants of the car talking, which they didn't do because the constitution allows them to remain silent. And it's not like they were going to break down the door if it were you, versus not in Lynch's case, because it would constitute an illegal search and seizure, without a warrant. But again, not knowing who the driver was, there was no cause for a warrant to be issued. Hence the need for the DA to resort to threatening everyone with a grand jury.

As for Lynch being drunk at the time, there's no proof of that at all. In fact one witness said she saw him drinking water all night. And that's all the evidence we have, and it points in the other direction, although no one's claiming she watched him all night long.
                              Awesome post
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Re: Marshawn Lynch loses license, fined $100

I was incorrect in my assessment of Lynch

Whilst guilty, his actions were explainable and I shall not be critical again of him regarding this incident

Comment

Working...
                                X