The reason why this FO scares me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

The reason why this FO scares me.

They actually believe this team is good! If that is how they feel, they seriously have no clue on how to build a Stanley Cup team. This team is so far from being a Cup contender that it is scary. There's plenty of time for moves to be made, but the signals coming from HSBC Arena are not promising. This FO will probably resign Miller & Pomminville and then think they did something great to make the team better. Well, there's one problem with that...the team sucked last year and with no significant changes will be the same soft, no character, no heart...team. That is the reason I'm kind of worried.

There's plenty of time to make changes, but does the FO see what the rest of the NHL does or are they in their own little world?

Keep your fingers crossed because the offseason is just beginning.
  • SpillerThrills
    • Oct 2005

Re: The reason why this FO scares me.

Hurry up everyone hit the panic button!!!!!!!!!! we're 9 hours into FA and we've only signed a backup goalie!!!!!!! people need to relax, there are still players out there, and we already knew that we probably weren't going to go after a big name.....
    2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
    2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
    2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
    2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      They actually believe this team is good! If that is how they feel, they seriously have no clue on how to build a Stanley Cup team. This team is so far from being a Cup contender that it is scary. There's plenty of time for moves to be made, but the signals coming from HSBC Arena are not promising. This FO will probably resign Miller & Pomminville and then think they did something great to make the team better. Well, there's one problem with that...the team sucked last year and with no significant changes will be the same soft, no character, no heart...team. That is the reason I'm kind of worried.

There's plenty of time to make changes, but does the FO see what the rest of the NHL does or are they in their own little world?

The offseason is just beginning for the REST of the NHL. It is over for the Sabres.

The Sabres were one or two players from the Finals. The dismantled that team have to pretty much start over. The FO feels that last year was just an off year and will be back in the playoffs this year. I'm not holding my breathe.

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by jerhwt
        Hurry up everyone hit the panic button!!!!!!!!!! we're 9 hours into FA and we've only signed a backup goalie!!!!!!! people need to relax, there are still players out there, and we already knew that we probably weren't going to go after a big name.....
        You are cute...You must have been a Sabres fan for about 3 years now....Thanks for staying on the bandwagon.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
          You are cute...You must have been a Sabres fan for about 3 years now....Thanks for staying on the bandwagon.
          Sounds like youve been a Sabres fan for about 1 season.

You give this franchise absolutely no credit. Say what you want about the front office but I think they know what the hell theyre doing when they got us to the playoffs 2 times in a row while getting the presidents trophy. It's obvious they screwed up bigtime along the way but hey, stuff happens and every year isn't going to be the Sabres year. Deal with it. The Sabres are in a small market and they have to do unconventional things to stay competative. And anyways, there are plenty of GOOD defensemen out there that we can still sign (Orpik for one). Keep your pants on, and chill the **** out.

Never understood how people can love the Bills so much and deal with it's crap for 9 seasons straight but then the Sabres have one bad year and fans are ready to blow up the HSBC arena.

You also fail to realize our team is very young...and yes if we make key resignings and bring in a new veteran leader, this team could be much better just based on more experience and young players like Weber, Gerbe, and Kaleta, who all (if you ask me) play with a lot of heart.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
            • Oct 2005

well lets see, I'm 25 now, originally from Buffalo.... so I'd say I've been a sabres fan for about.... 25 years or so, since my dad is also a sabres and bills fan. I just have a level head and know that no matter how much I wanna freak out about what my 2 favorite teams are doing I can't change anything.... so what's the point in flipping out????

and you've been on the bandwagon for how long????
            2008-2009 BZHL Champion!

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

Ugh, you know what, the more I think about it the front office is being ****ing clueless lately...but I reserve my judgement until the end of the week when all the good FA defensemen are gone.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by raphael120

You give this franchise absolutely no credit. Say what you want about the front office but I think they know what the hell theyre doing when they got us to the playoffs 2 times in a row while getting the presidents trophy. It's obvious they screwed up bigtime along the way but hey, stuff happens and every year isn't going to be the Sabres year. Deal with it. The Sabres are in a small market and they have to do unconventional things to stay competative. And anyways, there are plenty of GOOD defensemen out there that we can still sign (Orpik for one). Keep your pants on, and chill the **** out.

Never understood how people can love the Bills so much and deal with it's crap for 9 seasons straight but then the Sabres have one bad year and fans are ready to blow up the HSBC arena.

You also fail to realize our team is very young...and yes if we make key resignings and bring in a new veteran leader, this team could be much better just based on more experience and young players like Weber, Gerbe, and Kaleta, who all (if you ask me) play with a lot of heart.
                I'm tired of loosing every single year...ohhhhhh....the Presidents Trophy...ohhhhh...I guess I miss the parade

and with the team being very young means that are at least 4 to 5 years away from coming close to the playoffs or Finals....Have the Sabres ever signed a veteran leader?

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

well lets see, I'm 25 now, originally from Buffalo.... so I'd say I've been a sabres fan for about.... 25 years or so, since my dad is also a sabres and bills fan. I just have a level head and know that no matter how much I wanna freak out about what my 2 favorite teams are doing I can't change anything.... so what's the point in flipping out????

and you've been on the bandwagon for how long????
                  You are a typical Buffalo fan....satisfied with medicority and losing....and I'm not flipping out. I knew the Sabres weren't going to sign **** this off season, just like the before that and the one before than and the one before that

Comment

• SpillerThrills
                    • Oct 2005

You are a typical Buffalo fan....satisfied with medicority and losing....and I'm not flipping out. I knew the Sabres weren't going to sign **** this off season, just like the before that and the one before than and the one before that

sure I'm a "typical Buffalo fan", I'm happy playing one game at a time.... and for a team that was on the verge of moving and not existing in Buffalo ever again I'm happy with what they've done.... are we the Red Wings??? no, will we be?? probably not. if every team won all the time, who would lose??? we wouldn't be able to bash the Maple Laughs or Philthadelphia....
                    2008-2009 BZHL Champion!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

sure I'm a "typical Buffalo fan", I'm happy playing one game at a time.... and for a team that was on the verge of moving and not existing in Buffalo ever again I'm happy with what they've done.... are we the Red Wings??? no, will we be?? probably not. if every team won all the time, who would lose??? we wouldn't be able to bash the Maple Laughs or Philthadelphia....
                      Honestly, your rationale is ridiculous. It's really not worth the argument. Also, read my post, I did not freak out because it is very early in the offseason...however, I did state that the way Darcy was talking doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I guess having a team, no matter how bad the FO mismanages the team, will be good enough for you.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

The problem is that the Sabres are employing a very Bills- like strategy: field the same team and hope for different results. It's the same story. The Bills barely tweaked the #30 overall offense and now they think they can make the playoffs.

The Sabres were only 6 points out so a tweak here or there and player improvement may get them into the playoffs, but making the playoffs and being competitive in the playoffs are two entirely different things.

The guys that have gone so far have gotten ridiculous amounts of money, so from that aspect I don't fault the Sabres for not overpaying. The flaw in that strategy is that it does not make the team any better. And when our opponents are willing to pay but we aren't, the talent gap between us and them just continues to grow.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk

The two things they really needed was a rugged Defenseman and a capable backup goalie. They addressed 1 so far. They need a tough stay at home dman and I think they will be fine.

What else to you feel the team needs?? Should they irresponsibly start throwing around contracts like Campbell got in a small market like Buffalo? If you as me I would be worried at the long term future of this team if they did. They are stacked with young talent. The Sabres are a team that will always build from within.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

The panic button's been pushed for over a year now, and for good reason as it turned out. So now, the panic button must need a reason to be UNpushed.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

stuff happens and every year isn't going to be the Sabres year.
                              No, what happened to this team was neither common nor did it "happen" to them. They did it to themselves, and it didn't have to happen. There was nothing normal or cyclical about it.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X